LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

medical assessment for benefits claim

I had a medical assessment today for my claim for p.i.p.( a disability benefit), well other from the fact that she was very rude!, she was for a 'Qualified Medical Practitioner' very uninformed with regard to my condition spondylodiscitis.

Any way she was going through my answers on the application form and she came to the section on my continence problems, when she said "i see you wear incontinence pads" i said "yes" then she said "why" now i was a bit thrown by this stupid question so before my brain had fully engaged i just came out with "it keeps the trousers and bed from getting wet!" long pause ensues, then she said "oh!" and continued with her inane questions.

Ahh 'Health Professionals' you got to love them don't you! :doctor:

Maly.

When it comes to medicine exactness counts, and you can and should say what you need to without offending anyone. That's part of acting professionally and if you can't be the professional, you shouldn't be in a medical career <_< It's not a job for just anybody ;)

• Like 1

When it comes to medicine exactness counts, and you can and should say what you need to without offending anyone. That's part of acting professionally and if you can't be the professional, you shouldn't be in a medical career <_< It's not a job for just anybody ;)

Same here. I always disclose I'm incontinent but if it's not relevant to my current problem then it seldom comes up.

I too have had medical professionals confirm I'm incontinent, then ask me if I wear "protection". When I said yes I wear a diaper, I was then asked why.... Really? We just confirmed I'm incontinent yet they don't know why I wear a diaper? When this happens I just say, exactly what do you think a diaper is supposed to be used for. That usually shuts them up and we move on.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update i was successful with my claim and was awarded the care component which means i can get funding for alterations to where i live to make things easier for me.

Maly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here in the UK they don't even like supplying nappies and its often a real battle to get them 7 years ago when I moved across the country everything else medical just got shifted from one doctor to my new one no problems but I had to go through the whole assessment / treatment options / alternative products mess even though I had done it all before and it turned out nappies worked for me took me 6 weeks to just get them to consider supplying me with nappies.

Here in the UK they don't even like supplying nappies and its often a real battle to get them 7 years ago when I moved across the country everything else medical just got shifted from one doctor to my new one no problems but I had to go through the whole assessment / treatment options / alternative products mess even though I had done it all before and it turned out nappies worked for me took me 6 weeks to just get them to consider supplying me with nappies.

I have been wearing for 3 years now to apointment with my VA doctors and only one has asked about them.

i told the doctor i have urgency and only can hold it a very short time when the urge comes on.

I am listed as having fibromyalgia and peripheral nerve disorders.