LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

McDonalds - Avoid Them!

No corporate stores? It wasn't that way a few years ago. I eat at McD's so much that everyone jokes with me about it. I go only to franchise stores I know here because they are held to higher standards; the ones I frequent are also faster with service. They do have healthier choices if you choose them; their premium salads are awesome. And the "dollar" menu everywhere has chanced to a 'value' menu, not just McD's. If you shop economically, the cost for a meal at McD's is as cheap as cooking for yourself (everyone forgets to add in the cost of running the stove, cleaning the dishes, etc at home). Add in what your time is worth and it's likely that eating at McD's is the cheaper alternative but only when done economically.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After sales tax is a weird thing to me, see a price and then pay more because of the tax... Here the tax is rolled into the price so the price on the shelf is what you pay.

Here in the States, there are something like 5000 tax authorites.

Yeah, the menu salads have a lot of iceberg lettuce too, but the one I like has some leaf lettuce too. And occasionally the cherry tomatoes will have a tomato flavor if they are fresh enough :rolleyes: At McD's it the "Newman's Own" dressings that make them pop ;) Haven't tried one lately but their "Side salad" was only a dollar, mostly iceberg with one cherry tomato, and they served them with the same packet of Newman's dressing as the big salads :) They used to come with a small pack of the usual crap dressings. I used to get them at lunch sometimes but I've quit doing lunch as part of my weight-control regimen. Iceberg lettuce isn't all bad- it's good for fiber. It's bulk and lack of calories is what helped me lose weight recently :girl_happy: My usual weekday dinners are 728 calories plus whatever I drink, usually iced tea. The bulk of calories is in that rich tasty dressing but it's still better for me than the sandwiches they sell.

I find it quite sad because what attracted me to Mcdonnals is their cheap food that I could efford and fill up my stomic. Now these day, they raised up their prices on the items that are normally worth one buck to 2 bucks and did a skrink ray on them in the idea of "saving money". Its sad but I can see why they lost a shit load of money-their food is crap but the wifi and water is great!

Megachar,

I think you might want to try Taco Bell, which we call Taco Smell or Taco Hell, just for fun...might also be able to fill up there for five bucks, and you get lots of fiber in those beans!.

Megachar,

I think you might want to try Taco Bell, which we call Taco Smell or Taco Hell, just for fun...might also be able to fill up there for five bucks, and you get lots of fiber in those beans!.

So according to the logic of some here, I should be saving money since I don't want the majority of the stuff they put on burgers. At the rates they charge for some stuff, I should be getting my burger for free. Charging 50 cents for a slice of cheese is a complete rip off. You can usually get almost 20x that amount for about 4x the cost at a store.

So according to the logic of some here, I should be saving money since I don't want the majority of the stuff they put on burgers. At the rates they charge for some stuff, I should be getting my burger for free. Charging 50 cents for a slice of cheese is a complete rip off. You can usually get almost 20x that amount for about 4x the cost at a store.

McDonald's started off being about their fries. It took Ray Croc a long time to figure out that everything had to be done just so to have fries as good as what the McDonald brothers sold. And it was their fries that kept people coming back- nobody could do them nearly as well. Part of that formula was using only a specific type of potato, and when McDonalds outlets outgrew the supply of them in the early 60's, and when Ray discovered that the climate where they grew was part of the difference so growing more elsewhere just wouldn't work, they quietly changed their fries :o The french-fry aficionados noticed right away, but there was nothing to be done for them as part of the formula for success at McDonalds was that every outlet served exactly the same foods made exactly the same way every time. They had to switch to a worse product to keep that universality :(

Taco Bell doesn't fry the meat. It is steamed. What you saw the bag being lifted out of is a vat of water that is heated up. It evenly heats the meat in the bag, using the meats own natural juices to cook the meat on the inside. The grease you saw was actually the marinade and meet juices. They do not use lean meat though, so it is a pretty fatty meat.

I know right!!!! The last time I went there was for just their coffee. It was so horrible I swore them off completely. The year (years?) before that, I went in for a good old fashioned big mac. That's when I realized they had ruined even their signature burger and pretty much stopped going there.

Personally, I prefer the local "mom-and-pop" operations to the national chains. The food is not only cheaper, but better quality with more nutritional value.

My "McSalads" are still twice as healthy and the usual burger-and-fries from anyone, even if the delicious dressing recipies never considered nutrition, only flavor :D Affordable but not a bargain I could make the same thing (actually better) here at home for less but when the convenience is factored in at the end of a long work-day, they're worth it ;) I just wish the non-beef sandwich choices were half as good :(