LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How long does a pair last you? You might want to consider switching to PUL pants.

I switched to PUL last October to wear over my cloth prefolds for overnight. Mine

still look like new with no staining.

What we do is use a large number of pants and rotate them. The bottome line is that plastic pants dont last forever but also that some types can last a lot longer than others. By using a wide variety and number of pants you eventually work out which ones last the longest and the results can be surprising. Also, change them often and wash in hot water.

• 3 weeks later...

What brand were they

The thicker the material the longer they last. I would not use material less than 4 mil thick and prefer 5 or more. For me, the panty material has outleasted the elastics and that is a number of years

Rinse thoroghly as soon as possible after using and dry thoroghyl before putting them away

I use the blue ice made by Gary for Angellfluff diapers. I have about 25 pairs in rotation. I like you can not wear "off the shelf" pants because of two rare genetic diseases that are destroying my muscles. You give them your measurements such as in my case a hi rise medium with small or extra small leg elastics. I have been using these pants for 8 years without a single pair fail yet!. Yes they are expensive but are we not worth it? I am incontinent so I wear 24/7 I have both pull on as well as snap on and love them. I can not say how quiet or noisy they are as I am confined to a power wheelchair. I also spent the extra money and purchased the wrapped elastics so no odorous develops in them prematurely. And so far the expense has been well worth it.these "blue ice" also have to be 7 or 8 mil thick . I tried the regular pants and they are much thinner material ( although the regular ones do come in every Colorado you can imagine) .if I can be off any assistance message me!

Even sitting untouched in an ideal environment, all plastics will degrade over time. The ozone in the air we breathe causes a loss of the plasticizers and that is not reversible :( The best you can do is avoid contact with anything oily or greasy, store them in the dark, keep them at room temperature or below, and avoid strong soaps or detergents ;) If you only wet, consider a very good rinse as an alternative to washing every time- those detergents also remove the plasticizers. The thicker the plastic, the more plasticizers there are so the longer they will last before embrittlement sets in. PUL is just another form of plastic and will suffer the same issues although I don't know if it is at the same rate. Being a laminate I think it's thinner- at least in places- so I would not have any great expectations from them in comparision. The way plastic is created is a one-way process of molecular change; there is no product which can un-do or even slow the loss of plasticity and many products which are supposed to rejuvinate plastic only make it shiny while actually accelerating the plasticizer loss <_<

You have it just about right

Although the average life expactancy is said to be a year, a good pair will last several years. I have had Comco panties where the body outlived the elastics. A few of the companies that made baby panties about 50 years ago used to claim that their product was boilable and most 4 to 7 mil panties can tolerate a very few excursions into very hot water

PUL is your best bet. Any kind of vinyl--especially white--will discolor. I had an adding machine on my desk at work that started out cream and ended up orange due to the discoloration of the plastic that the case was made out of.

Quite often there's a tradeoff between different characteristics when compounding soft vinyl film and sheeting. For instance most of us know that softness and transparency tend to be mutually exclusive - glass-clear plastic tends to be quite crinkly for the most part. My guess would be that most plastic film that's meant for use as incontinent pants won't have any specific ingredients added to combat discoloration from exposure to sunlight, and won't be extremely resistant to discoloration from other sources.

There used to be a soft, clear plastic, it was used for bubble umbrellas and other things. But that was some time ago