LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

ignoring bladder signals

i have seen that ignoring bladder signals can cause bedwetting and incontinence. is this a recommended way to permantley becoming incontinent? what are the dangers (if any)?

As long as incontinence is your desire this is the way to go.

Remember if you decide to use the diaper most times and skip heading to the bathroom in a short time you body will realize you are protected and will,start to release with little or no warning. I have had my blader release with no warning and I can say it's not a great feeling when it can happen with out notice . I have been lucky and it's never happened at a clients but has happend while out and about. My issue is medical and has gotten slightly worse over the fast 5 months but lately my no warning floods have happend more often in a shorter time frame between floods. I was diagnosed with a OBA but I think having to wear 24/7 has increased my issue.

Don't ignore your bladder always make it to the bathroom if you can but its your call and I can say being wet is no fun but you can deal with it if you have no choice but if you force your self to lose control you may have a change of heart one day and regret creating the issue that could have been avoided .

Wearing 24/7 can cost $2000 plus per year in added expenses and is one expense that you can't change once you lose control

Ignoring bladder signals will not make you incontinent.

Your bladder will simply fill and then empty when you can no longer hold it. The timing will depend on how much liquid you have consumed.

It would be incontinence if you were physically disabled and couldn't make it to the bathroom on your own, but purposefully not getting there is not incontinence.

After many years your bladder would act like a young child, when it got full, it would empty suddenly without much warning.

Still not incontinence, as you could preempt that behavior by practicing timed voiding, emptying the bladder before it got full.

As the bladder is filling full before emptying, incontinence is probably less likely since the muscles will operate normally and the bladder will retain it's full capacity or gain more.

In the initial stages of relearning to use diapers, most people's toilet training reflexes are very strong. As a result, they simply won't wet their pants and they will have to make a conscious effort to empty their bladder. After wetting their pants (diapers) a few times, that automatic reflex is lessened. But it will still take a conscious effort to go. By consciously trying to keep the external sphincter relaxed, automatic bladder emptying can achieved more quickly. It is still not a fast process to overcome years of toilet training.

"None of us is born continent. Continence is a skill acquired, at a variable age, and retained often with difficulty" (Norton, C. 1986 "Nursing for Continence") Generally continence is lost after a physical, pharmaceutical or psychological intervention not two night of wishful thinking.

• 2 weeks later...

I think incontinence is like any habit practice long enough and you won't be able to break it. Unlike most habits it is totally harmless and gives much pleasure I thoroughly enjoy my incontinence.