LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tena Slips "Original" now shipping (plastic backed version).

As most of you will know, SCA Heathcare switched their primary tape-up brief (the "Tena Slip" line) to a cotton-feel/fabric-like backing version during the middle of last year as part of a shift to their new range, renaming the old line "NB".

My girlfriend is incon and the Tena Maxi where a real standby for us for a long time. When they were discontinued we kinda freaked out. There wasn't really too many other options. XP started carrying the Basic Super which was a godsend. Fortunately these seem to be staying the same.

I'm gah!ghost's girlfriend, and I just wanted to add that I'm highly disappointed in Tena and every other manufacturer that thinks it's a good idea to take good products that incontinent people RELY on every day and turn them into heaping piles of garbage that provides no solution for managing incontinence.

I'm right there with you ashley. I've had WAY too many manufacturers out there do this same thing over and over again. Heck, I remember when Depends actually used to be dependable.

I have no proof of this but I think a big part of it is also reducing shipping weight. I just weighed the old all plastic ones and one of the new ones. The old weighs 130g and the new is 100g. That's a nearly a 25% savings in weight. I think the whole "thinner is better!" marketing is also in relation to that. Thinner equals smaller dimensional size and lower weight.

I have no proof of this but I think a big part of it is also reducing shipping weight. I just weighed the old all plastic ones and one of the new ones. The old weighs 130g and the new is 100g. That's a nearly a 25% savings in weight. I think the whole "thinner is better!" marketing is also in relation to that. Thinner equals smaller dimensional size and lower weight.

Don't forget the cotton that is replacing it strips the land too. It requires strip mining other areas for the minerals that need to be replaced, and adds pollution and cost to transport, distribute, and apply those minerals. I hope you support insecticide and water depletion too because cotton also requires a lot of both of those too.

Yeah we all get plastic isn't good for the environment, but please don't pretend cotton is all that better of an alternative.

If you are that unhappy with a product then please take the time to write or call in a complaint. Perhaps if they get enough negative feedback they'll change their diapers back to the better version.