LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Reality strikes...

So I've been a DL for as long as I can remember. But now it looks like it is time to visit the doctor. I'm 41 and developing urge incontinence. I get maybe a minute or two at most of warning before it becomes absolutely impossible to hold in. I've had a couple small accidents already, so it wasn't just a one time thing. Yesterday I got about 30 seconds warning and couldn't hold it and ended up with wet underwear. I can't have this happen at work, so now I'm (reluctantly) wearing at work.

I just needed to share with someone, figured you guys were the best option.

If you don't want to wear to work your doctor can prescribe meds to lessen the amount of accidents they don't stop all the accidents. They do have side effects that I don't like so I choose not to take them. I did try one and I had symptoms are of a heart attack. It may take several months to find the right one and is a chance that none of them will work. But the doctor needs to rule out UTI first then run incontinence tests.

Get an appointment with a urologist but until you see him just wear 24/7 try Abena level 2 air briefs or plastic back I currently use Abena M2 airs for my day time protection, I have the same issue as you no real warnings some times so it's better to be protected and still try to make it to the bathroom when you can but if you can't it's good to know you are protected.

You realy have to look close to see I am wearing the, when they are dry, but when wet they do have a bulge in front, but I wear a longer t shirt.

I have decided not to try the meds due to the potential side effects but that's my choice and we all have to decide how to handle our conditions, I guess the tipping point for me on the decision not to take meds was the urologist was to excited to get me into the case study and the potential side effects and the fact I probably wouldn't know the med version I was taking at any given time to keep the case study unbiased

See you see the doctor listen to his or her advice and then make your decision on your next steps in treatment, but don't delay in seeking medical advice.

I don't get to wear often, so it isn't a result of wearing. Something is definitely changing though, I'm just not sure what.

I am a diabetic, and have been for about 15 years, so the possibility of neurogenic bladder is also there.

My doctor is really awesome. She never makes me take anything or do anything I don't want to. She also knows I will do all the research I can on a topic so I know the options she gives me and aren't just blindly doing whatever.

At this point, I think if she suggested meds I would try them. But if the results weren't perfect or the side effects were bad (I'm not taking anything that causes erectile dysfunction that's for damn sure), I'd just go to wearing 24/7 and call it a day. I wouldn't intentionally try to lose control, but if it means being able to work and live life without wet pants, it isn't the end of the world.

I've been too sick in the past to worry about having to wear a diaper 24/7. In all honesty, other than trying to hide it as best I can, I don't really see that it would be a big deal anyway. I guess that's what happens when you have been through a lot, these things become small potatoes. I just want to rule out anything major being the cause - I'd hate to miss an early diagnosis of bladder cancer or something.

It's a LOT different being able to choose diapers vs having them forced on to you isn't it. While I am truly incontinent I do still love wearing diapers. I just wish I didn't HAVE to- you're one of the few who knows what I mean.

I don't get to wear often, so it isn't a result of wearing. Something is definitely changing though, I'm just not sure what.

I am a diabetic, and have been for about 15 years, so the possibility of neurogenic bladder is also there.

My doctor is really awesome. She never makes me take anything or do anything I don't want to. She also knows I will do all the research I can on a topic so I know the options she gives me and aren't just blindly doing whatever.

At this point, I think if she suggested meds I would try them. But if the results weren't perfect or the side effects were bad (I'm not taking anything that causes erectile dysfunction that's for damn sure), I'd just go to wearing 24/7 and call it a day. I wouldn't intentionally try to lose control, but if it means being able to work and live life without wet pants, it isn't the end of the world.

I've been too sick in the past to worry about having to wear a diaper 24/7. In all honesty, other than trying to hide it as best I can, I don't really see that it would be a big deal anyway. I guess that's what happens when you have been through a lot, these things become small potatoes. I just want to rule out anything major being the cause - I'd hate to miss an early diagnosis of bladder cancer or something.

My incontinence is mainly caused by my diabetes. I suggest you get checked out a.s.ap. but be prepared that you may have this for the rest of your life. I wear nappies all the time now as I have very little control and no cure is available. Vesicare helped a bit but I didn't like the side effects. It did nothing for my night time wetting in any case.

I don't have any night time troubles as I'm able to make it to the loo in time. It's when I'm out and about that I have problems. Yesterday I was just driving and it hit... And I didn't quite make it to the washroom in time and had already soaked my underwear. It was less than five minutes between when I first felt the urge to go, and I started to leak. So today I'm in a diaper, working, and feeling paranoid that everyone knows I'm wearing.

I decided to wear a Molicare plastic backed, because covered with clothing they make no noticeable noise. But they are kinda bulky... But my thought is that I'm likely going to end up flooding a diaper and if that happens, I would prefer to be in one that actually can handle it. I'd wear a Dry24/7 or Comficare but they are just too loud.

I guess I'm lucky, I enjoyed wearing before, and have a hell of a stash of every kind imaginable. But it was always just for fun before. Realizing that I'm actually needing them kinda sucks. But at least if I have to use them for an actual medical problem, I'll be able to get them paid for by my insurance. One bonus!

I wear Abena's cotton fixing briefs over a disposable diaper to minimize leaks and noise. They hold the diaper close to the body and make it more effective at absorbing floods.

I'm wearing the Abena cotton fixing brief over top too. I learned a long time ago that as soon as it gets a little wet, it starts to sag, and a saggy diaper is a leaky diaper. That plus they help keep the noise down too, I like silence!

Yup I'm booked in with my doctor to get it checked out.

I actually noticed awhile back that after urinating, I'd quite often end up dribbling a bit for awhile after - but not every time. So I was going to go in for that anyway, now the urge incontinence is just way more than a dribble. And I *HAVE* to wear protection, because I'd have pants completely soaked otherwise. Not easy to explain to a customer...

Doh... Can't get into my doc until April 2nd. I guess I'm wearing 24/7 for the next month. That'll be interesting... Oh well, it could be so much worse. I'm just nervous to tell my girlfriend, but I think she will be okay with it. I guess I'll find out tonight or tomorrow...

I've been paying closer attention to timing and circumstances, and discovered that the instant I feel the urge, there is a small amount of leakage. I seem to be able to hold it back, but things like bending over to pick up something or pressing my abdomen at all will result in more leakage. It also intensifies the urge to go. Today I made it most of the day, but before dinner I had the urge to go and it was so intense I could hardly finish what I was working on. I stood up and I just couldn't hold it anymore. So I'm guessing it is really a mix of urge and stress incontinence. I'm not sure if that's a good thing for prognosis or not. Oh well, onwards and upwards...

I'm already on the wait list to get in. I can see lots of other doctors in an instant, I'm just really wanting to see my family physician because she knows me so well, and I know she will be honest about what will work for me and what is going to have side effects I won't tolerate. I'm not willing to live with erectile dysfunction or chronic constipation or a mouth so dry my teeth fall out. Hopefully we can find something that works and I can keep my diaper wearing to a recreational thing, but if that isn't the case I will wear 24/7 and still have a happy life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I guess I'm lucky, I enjoyed wearing before, and have a hell of a stash of every kind imaginable. But it was always just for fun before. Realizing that I'm actually needing them kinda sucks. But at least if I have to use them for an actual medical problem, I'll be able to get them paid for by my insurance. One bonus!

Once I got over the initial shock of actually needing to wear nappies I decided accepting and enjoying them was the way forward. I did a lot of research on sites like this and discovered lots of people enjoy nappies so becoming DL was the way forward. I thoroughly enjoy my incontinence now and wouldn't want to be any other way now.