LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store
LittleABCo

Soft Paws diapers from Little AB Co

Baby Brian    341

And the one diaper that out-performs them all while also being truly babyish is

Dry24/7    72    $99.95    Shipping Included     =  $1.39 per diaper  (sized Large on xpmedical)

There is NO way these manufacturers can say the print on a diaper is going to cost $2 to $5 per diaper- especially when the diaper its self costs less than $1.50. It's a rip off plain and simple.

dyperbole    18

Hmmm....

Your complaint was that the diaper was going to be over $3.  Their price list showed that only the single bag size was going to be over $3, so that's what size I used to compare them to others.  And it showed that their diaper was priced competitively amongst that group for single bags.

You then bring up a limited-time price on a case of 72 diapers to compare them to.

If we're cherry-picking circumstances, then I can do that, too.

For 36 diapers, Dry247.com charges $92.00 for $2.56 a diaper. 
For 36 diapers, Soft Paws will be charging $68.04 in their limited time offer for $1.89 per diaper.

Geez, are Dry247s ripoffs?  I mean, they aren't even using any color design on their diaper, and yet their diaper price is much higher per piece than Soft Paws!!!!

This diaper company sells millions and millions of diapers to incontinent people, and yet can't cut their price down to beat a startup?????!???  Insane.  It's a rip off plain and simple.   /s

WBDaddy    551

@Brian...

Something you don't understand (but you would, if you did your homework) is that a small startup's fixed costs are downright brutal.  It's not the per-piece to get a Chinese company to make them for you that kills you (though the minimum order quantities do), it's the setup charges they hit you with to make those custom imprints, then the near-retail cost of having short-run boxes produced, then the retail shipping to the states, then the retail transportation from the dock to a warehouse, then paying the retail rent every month on that warehouse space, then paying near-retail at UPS or FedEx for shipping because you don't do enough business with them to get a volume discount, then the daily trips to the warehouse to ship out orders that trickle in.

ConfiDry doesn't have those issues.  ConfiDry has their own manufacturing here in the states, which means they're just buying wholesale raw goods (which is WAYYYYY cheaper than buying wholesale finished goods), wholesale boxes at major discounts for large quantity, and pretty much producing on an a la carte basis.  They can run off 5,000 or 100,000 of any size they carry whenever they need to.  They have contracts with FedEx and UPS and freight transport companies that get them much cheaper rates on shipping.  Oh, and they own that warehouse, so their overhead on the space is cheaper too, paying only local property taxes.

As I said earlier, this guy's decision to post one price may be his undoing, because people like you freak out about a price point and don't consider that, at small quantities, EVERYONE ELSE charges shipping, which is a BIG piece of the cost puzzle.

LittleABCo    0

@WBDaddy and @tbbuc I'd like to thank you both for helpful insight on the subject. 

Went back and forth on which way to handle the shipping cost. But I personally prefer that when I get to check out the price I saw is the price I pay, vs going to buy a case of diapers only to find out its going to cost another 20-30 bucks to ship. 

As our product line grows with more unique diapers we will be able to work out an even better deal with our manufacturer and pass the savings along to the customer.

As a sneak peak there are plans for a rewards program where you earn points on purchases that can be used for discounts, faster shipping, or special prizes that wont be available for sale.

Baby Brian    341

Hmmm....

Your complaint was that the diaper was going to be over $3.  Their price list showed that only the single bag size was going to be over $3, so that's what size I used to compare them to others.  And it showed that their diaper was priced competitively amongst that group for single bags.

You then bring up a limited-time price on a case of 72 diapers to compare them to.

If we're cherry-picking circumstances, then I can do that, too.

For 36 diapers, Dry247.com charges $92.00 for $2.56 a diaper. 
For 36 diapers, Soft Paws will be charging $68.04 in their limited time offer for $1.89 per diaper.

Geez, are Dry247s ripoffs?  I mean, they aren't even using any color design on their diaper, and yet their diaper price is much higher per piece than Soft Paws!!!!

This diaper company sells millions and millions of diapers to incontinent people, and yet can't cut their price down to beat a startup?????!???  Insane.  It's a rip off plain and simple.   /s

Not cherry picking, and that isn't a limited time price. That "promotional" price has been running for some time now, and there is no planned end right for it now either. Even without it, the price would only be another $20. That would make it $1.66 per diaper which is still way less. Not even sure where you are getting 36 for $92, That's not even close. You might want to double check that....

dyperbole    18

Not cherry picking, and that isn't a limited time price. That "promotional" price has been running for some time now, and there is no planned end right for it now either. Even without it, the price would only be another $20. That would make it $1.66 per diaper which is still way less. Not even sure where you are getting 36 for $92, That's not even close. You might want to double check that....

Not cherry picking?  You compared Dry 24/7 case with 72 diapers to Soft Paws' single bag prices.  OF COURSE the case price is going to be cheaper. 

Not limited?   Hmmm......on XP Medical's web site, there's this line about 2/3rds down the page concerning Dry 24/7 that says verbatim....

Dry 24/7 new production - limited time promotional pricing

Now you are trying to say it's not a limited time price.  Really?

As for the $92, why don't you double check what I typed.  That web site is Dry247.com, not XP Medical.  You know, the company's actual web site.  They have 18 diaper bags priced at $46 per bag.  To buy 36 diapers, you'd have to buy 2 bags for $92.  Not only is it "even close", it is exact.  And it is much more expensive than buying 36 of the Soft Paws diapers.  

WBDaddy    551

While Brian is being exceedingly pedantic here, he has a point I'm sure he doesn't even realize himself: 

Dry247's website features full retail pricing, because they don't want to compete with their distributors on price.  

dyperbole    18

While Brian is being exceedingly pedantic here, he has a point I'm sure he doesn't even realize himself: 

Dry247's website features full retail pricing, because they don't want to compete with their distributors on price.  

Which may be true, although there is nothing on Dry24/7s website listing other distributors.  I like Dry 24/7, and I prefer to get them from XP Medical myself.   

And I can come up with  ways to make Dry 24/7s cheaper by the diaper than Soft Paws, even when comparing actual quantities. I just think it is baloney to call them a "ripoff, plain and simple".  

Baby Brian    341

Not cherry picking?  You compared Dry 24/7 case with 72 diapers to Soft Paws' single bag prices.  OF COURSE the case price is going to be cheaper. 

Not limited?   Hmmm......on XP Medical's web site, there's this line about 2/3rds down the page concerning Dry 24/7 that says verbatim....

Dry 24/7 new production - limited time promotional pricing

Now you are trying to say it's not a limited time price.  Really?

As for the $92, why don't you double check what I typed.  That web site is Dry247.com, not XP Medical.  You know, the company's actual web site.  They have 18 diaper bags priced at $46 per bag.  To buy 36 diapers, you'd have to buy 2 bags for $92.  Not only is it "even close", it is exact.  And it is much more expensive than buying 36 of the Soft Paws diapers.  

No I'm not "cherry picking", but if you're not going to shop around then don't blame me for your having to pay more. Of course I'm going to also pick what ever size packaging that makes the most sense. Don't blame me is Soft Paws doesn't offer case packaging either. And, yes- I am saying that a "limited time promotion" without an ending date is not actually limited or a promotion- that is their price until such time as it changes. Just the same as everyone else does pricing.

dyperbole    18

No I'm not "cherry picking", but if you're not going to shop around then don't blame me for your having to pay more. Of course I'm going to also pick what ever size packaging that makes the most sense. Don't blame me is Soft Paws doesn't offer case packaging either. And, yes- I am saying that a "limited time promotion" without an ending date is not actually limited or a promotion- that is their price until such time as it changes. Just the same as everyone else does pricing.

You cherry-picked.  You compared the per-piece price of Dry 24/7s from a case to the per-piece price of Soft Paws from a single bag, and based on that comparison you declared Soft Paws to be a "ripoff plain and simple".  

You could easily just figure out the price of Dry 24/7s for a single bag price and compare it to Soft Paws and the rest in my list.  So just for grins, I'll do it.  XP Medical charges $32.95 for a bag of 18 Dry 24/7s, plus $7.79 USPS shipping, for a total of $40.74, or $2.26 per diaper. Pretty good price, unless you go back to your statement that the diaper should cost less than $1.50 each.....

As for Soft Paws not coming in case packaging....not sure what you mean by that.  They provided a list of their prices and quantities, and in their Kickstarter they are offering a discount on orders up to 96 diapers at a time (at $1.56 per diaper).

Like it or not, the web site says "limited time promotional pricing" - the words are in black and white.  When XP Medical removes that line from their web site, then the prices are no longer limited time promotional pricing.

I love the way you shoe-horned Dry 24/7 into this conversation, anyway.  I listed diapers that have a whole diaper color design, and found their per-bag prices.  You insisted that because a whole white diaper is "truly babyish", all of the others should be compared to the Dry24/7.  Baloney.  When did I say the word "babyish"?  Just because a diaper has a whole diaper color design doesn't make it babyish.  Look at the design on the Spoiled -- how is that babyish?  My wife has a shirt with a similar pattern, and I'd never think to consider it babyish.  It's dishonest to add a diaper to that list that doesn't need to have its plastic cover printed by the manufacturer in a color design, as that is an additional expense that Dry 24/7 doesn't have.

WBDaddy    551

It's dishonest to add a diaper to that list that doesn't need to have its plastic cover printed by the manufacturer in a color design, as that is an additional expense that Dry 24/7 doesn't have.

Except, and I know this from doing my own research, there is no additional expense for graphics other than the up-front setup charges.  No per-unit cost on the color design.  Now the extra tape panel  with graphics certainly adds additional cost, but not because of the colors, rather because of the panel itself and the cost to attach it.

It was Kyle (ABU) who got us all thinking it was some big extra expense to do an all-over print on a diaper.  It's just not true.  In fact, with the Chinese companies I interfaced with when doing my initial research for PetiteAB's products, even the setup charges for a 3-color all-over print were less than $1000, which adds a tiny percentage to the raw cost of even the initial order, considering the minimum order quantities necessary to even get them to make the product in the first place.

One thing you all have to understand about manufacturing diapers:  The unit cost on these things from the manufacturer is as much setup time as it is anything else.  If you're ordering half a million units per size, they get to run the machine for a good solid 8 hours after they set it up for your order, which means that setup time represents a LOT smaller piece of your final price.  If you order 50,000 units (about enough to fill a 20' container, which is as low as most of these companies will go), they spend two hours setting it up and maybe an hour actually running product, so you're paying a LOT more for setup time.

And before you question the whole labor part, keep in mind that this is a single machine that runs the entire job, from cutting the topsheet and backsheet to mixing the pulp and SAP to heat-sealing the whole thing together, and there are half a dozen people including skilled mechanics involved in setting it up as opposed to two or three unskilled laborers to run it.  The more customized you want the thing (cut, pad coverage, tapes, tape panel, single or double elastics on the leg, elastic on the waist, etc), the longer it takes to set up, and the more you're paying in labor costs.

By comparison, the time it takes them to imprint the film for the backsheet is infinitesimally smaller, because they just bust out a whole roll, keep the screens for future reorders, and charge you that cost right up front.  Some of the companies even refund that back to you once you hit a certain TOTAL order quantity, because at that point they've made up the cost of creating the screens and don't mind printing it for you gratis going forward, because the printing itself is such a minor cost if they have in-house equipment.

dyperbole    18

Pretty cool, thanks for the info WBDaddy.  It explains why Bambino doesn't give a price break for their Biancos with plain tape versus their Teddies and Classicos.

So it sounds like there isn't much profit in creating an AB/DL diaper.  

DailyDi    1,307

The main factor in diaper price is quantity. Dry24/7 and others have lower prices because they can buy in such bulk to get the per diaper cost really low. This is because they can play in the incontinence and medical arenas as well as the fetish world. An adult size furry diaper can not do this, especially on their first run. Let them get started and prove the business and then they can place larger orders for lower prices.

WBDaddy    551

The main factor in diaper price is quantity. Dry24/7 and others have lower prices because they can buy in such bulk to get the per diaper cost really low. This is because they can play in the incontinence and medical arenas as well as the fetish world. An adult size furry diaper can not do this, especially on their first run. Let them get started and prove the business and then they can place larger orders for lower prices.

Dry247 and Tranquility have the advantage of having their own manufacturing facilities here stateside, so there are a LOT of costs they don't deal with that small companies that have to source from overseas do.

It's like saying anything more expensive than Attends are a ripoff because KC has a huge facility capable of rolling out millions of units at a moment's notice, not to mention they own the paper and plastic manufacturing plants that deliver their raw materials...

dyperbole    18

Dry247 and Tranquility have the advantage of having their own manufacturing facilities here stateside, so there are a LOT of costs they don't deal with that small companies that have to source from overseas do.

It's like saying anything more expensive than Attends are a ripoff because KC has a huge facility capable of rolling out millions of units at a moment's notice, not to mention they own the paper and plastic manufacturing plants that deliver their raw materials...

I root for all AB/DL diaper manufacturers to succeed.  In my opinion, the more diaper choices available and the more competition, the better.  While I'm not a furry, I will certainly try these not only to see how they look and work, but to support those businesses that cater to me.  In turn, hopefully more people will consider offering AB/DL products to the public.

This is why it bothers me when someone called this startup a "ripoff".  Charging $3.40 per diaper when a customer buys a single bag of 12 AB/DL diapers is not a ripoff.  If Soft Paws starts to take orders without filling them (a la ABU), then we can call them a ripoff.

Baby Brian    341

Hey, if Attends had any where near the same capacity and performance of a Dry24/7 then I'd be one of the first to say a Dry diaper is a rip off. You do get what you pay for, there's just no reason to pay for more than what you're getting.

WBDaddy    551

Hey, if Attends had any where near the same capacity and performance of a Dry24/7 then I'd be one of the first to say a Dry diaper is a rip off. You do get what you pay for, there's just no reason to pay for more than what you're getting.

We GET IT, Brian.  You have zero respect for boutique diaper companies.  So DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS.

Meanwhile, kindly keep your ill-informed, judgmental, and arrogant attitude to yourself.

Baby Brian    341

Actually it sounds like the biggest problem is that soft paws just don't offer case shipping. I'm always going to compare their best per-diaper pricing so if all they have is a pack then it will never be able to compare to any other diaper that comes in a case.

Also; regarding the dry24/7 "promotional pricing". You do realize that just an advertising gimic to get people to buy them- under the assumption that it will run out soon. Since it isn't going to run out soon it's quite logical to realize it's not actually promotional after all.

And; regarding my using them as a comparison, I did this since they are just as- if not more- absorbent than soft paws is among to be. In this regard I'm using them as a bench mark for quality just as much as I am for pricing. I could have used Abena, but regardless of price those don't perform as good now do they.

Edit: And for the record, I would love to be able to use a "boutique" diaper with awesome designs on them. Being incontinent though, they would need to perform good with few leaks and not cost me much more than the thousands of dollars I'm already paying each year. If Soft Paws could do that then I'd be in front of the line to use them (or any other one for that matter).

What I don't like is the added cost for no real reason (just offer case shipping really), and getting diapers that have the lower tapes positioned towards the middle (which prevents a decent fit for diapers that are properly sized).

dyperbole    18

Actually it sounds like the biggest problem is that soft paws just don't offer case shipping. I'm always going to compare their best per-diaper pricing so if all they have is a pack then it will never be able to compare to any other diaper that comes in a case.

Also; regarding the dry24/7 "promotional pricing". You do realize that just an advertising gimic to get people to buy them- under the assumption that it will run out soon. Since it isn't going to run out soon it's quite logical to realize it's not actually promotional after all.

And; regarding my using them as a comparison, I did this since they are just as- if not more- absorbent than soft paws is among to be. In this regard I'm using them as a bench mark for quality just as much as I am for pricing. I could have used Abena, but regardless of price those don't perform as good now do they.

Edit: And for the record, I would love to be able to use a "boutique" diaper with awesome designs on them. Being incontinent though, they would need to perform good with few leaks and not cost me much more than the thousands of dollars I'm already paying each year. If Soft Paws could do that then I'd be in front of the line to use them (or any other one for that matter).

What I don't like is the added cost for no real reason (just offer case shipping really), and getting diapers that have the lower tapes positioned towards the middle (which prevents a decent fit for diapers that are properly sized).

Actually, the biggest problem appears that Soft Paws might not get enough Kickstarter funding to move forward with the project, so this thread may end up being much ado about nothing.  It doesn't help when a seasoned member of this board calls their efforts a "ripoff, plain and simple".

I still don't understand the case shipping aspect.  Soft Paws lists 48 diapers for $80 including shipping, and 96 diapers for $150 including shipping.  Like most adult diapers, it appears the more you buy, the cheaper they are per diaper.   Bambino sells cases at 48 diapers (six bags of 8 diapers), and Rearz sells Inspire and Spoiled diaper cases at 48 diapers (four bags of 12 diapers).  Doesn't sound like Soft Paws is doing anything different that other companies are doing.

As regarding the Dry 24/7 "promotional pricing"....You do realize the difference between a fact and a opinion.  The fact is simple -- the web site says "Limited time promotional pricing".  Your opinion that the web site is puffing is just that -- an opinion.  As as far as your opinion, it may be true or false; only the owner of XP Medical knows for sure.

As for adding Dry 24/7 for comparison, I have a hard time believing that.  If so, why stop at adding Dry 24/7?  It was pretty obvious that a lot of quality diapers used by AB/DLs were not in the list.  Your statement that Dry 24/7 outperforms all of the ones on the list I created is interesting, considering the fact that Soft Paws haven't even hit the market.  I'm not even sure what your performance criteria is, and what testing you did to determine Dry 24/7s outperform Aww So Cutes, Cuddles, Fabines, Snuggies, and Spoiled, for that matter.  

I mean, we get it.  Dry 24/7s are great diapers.  And like you, I prefer white diapers over printed ones.  But you and I do not represent every AB/DL.  Not all AB/DLs are incontinent.  Not all AB/DLs spend thousands of dollars on diapers a year.  Not all AB/DLs wear diapers every day.  Not all AB/DLs have room in their house or apartment to store a case of diapers.  Not all AB/DLs need a diaper that can hold four litres of urine before leaking.  Not all AB/DLs need diapers with multiple tapes, three tapes, or lower tapes. And not every AB/DL wants an all white diaper. 

scoobybaby    1

If your spending thousands, and your IC, your buying the wrong diapers. Molicare only need to be changed twice a day, and at $65 a case, thats only 800 a year.

Baby Brian    341

Actually, the biggest problem appears that Soft Paws might not get enough Kickstarter funding to move forward with the project, so this thread may end up being much ado about nothing. It doesn't help when a seasoned member of this board calls their efforts a "ripoff, plain and simple".

I still don't understand the case shipping aspect. Soft Paws lists 48 diapers for $80 including shipping, and 96 diapers for $150 including shipping. Like most adult diapers, it appears the more you buy, the cheaper they are per diaper. Bambino sells cases at 48 diapers (six bags of 8 diapers), and Rearz sells Inspire and Spoiled diaper cases at 48 diapers (four bags of 12 diapers). Doesn't sound like Soft Paws is doing anything different that other companies are doing.

As regarding the Dry 24/7 "promotional pricing"....You do realize the difference between a fact and a opinion. The fact is simple -- the web site says "Limited time promotional pricing". Your opinion that the web site is puffing is just that -- an opinion. As as far as your opinion, it may be true or false; only the owner of XP Medical knows for sure.

As for adding Dry 24/7 for comparison, I have a hard time believing that. If so, why stop at adding Dry 24/7? It was pretty obvious that a lot of quality diapers used by AB/DLs were not in the list. Your statement that Dry 24/7 outperforms all of the ones on the list I created is interesting, considering the fact that Soft Paws haven't even hit the market. I'm not even sure what your performance criteria is, and what testing you did to determine Dry 24/7s outperform Aww So Cutes, Cuddles, Fabines, Snuggies, and Spoiled, for that matter.

I mean, we get it. Dry 24/7s are great diapers. And like you, I prefer white diapers over printed ones. But you and I do not represent every AB/DL. Not all AB/DLs are incontinent. Not all AB/DLs spend thousands of dollars on diapers a year. Not all AB/DLs wear diapers every day. Not all AB/DLs have room in their house or apartment to store a case of diapers. Not all AB/DLs need a diaper that can hold four litres of urine before leaking. Not all AB/DLs need diapers with multiple tapes, three tapes, or lower tapes. And not every AB/DL wants an all white diaper.

You're right, I am posting what is my opinion- just as you and everyone else is. You are wrong though- I actually would prefer a printed diaper over a plain one. There just aren't any available out there that actually perform good while not costing too much. That is kind of my whole point here.

Cuddles, fabines, Aww so cute, etc simply do not perform very well (at least for my body shape). Their lack of lower tapes means they will all leak long before reaching their rated capacities. Dry24/7 does not have this problem and will even last me over 8 hours. I fail to see how soft paws will be any different for the ones I know don't work, as they are to use the exact same taping system. Add in the fact that they all cost no less than double (for half the capacity), this is a rip off in my book. Simple.

I also get not all ABDL's want the same thing, but you'd at least think more than one company would want to cater to the largest and loudest crowd for what we want. If I don't speak up then how will anyone know what I want. Besides, we already have a bunch of other companies doing the exact same thing as what soft paws wants to do. It makes sense that if any other company wants to get in to this business- and succeed- then they would need to do something either different, or better, or both- not the same as everyone else. If their startup is already failing thanks to consumers overall then that speaks louder than even me- by far.

Baby Brian    341

If your spending thousands, and your IC, your buying the wrong diapers. Molicare only need to be changed twice a day, and at $65 a case, thats only 800 a year.

Ha, Molicare supers work great for their capacity, but they barely last me 4-5 before being soaked up the back and in need of a change. I can get away with using about 6 per day, but at that cost-per-day the dry diapers are a better deal.

Also, I know I'm drinking right at the recommended amount of water per day per the W.H.O. Are you sure you're drinking enough? It doesn't sound like it if you can get away with just two per day.

Baby Brian    341

Actually scratch that. I had an extra cup of coffee this morning and now 5 hours later even my Dry diaper needs changing. (which while at work I do not take them to their full capacity. Usually around 75 percent capacity and my chances for a leak while sitting start getting to high to remain reliable).

dyperbole    18

You're right, I am posting what is my opinion- just as you and everyone else is. You are wrong though- I actually would prefer a printed diaper over a plain one. There just aren't any available out there that actually perform good while not costing too much. That is kind of my whole point here.

Cuddles, fabines, Aww so cute, etc simply do not perform very well (at least for my body shape). Their lack of lower tapes means they will all leak long before reaching their rated capacities. Dry24/7 does not have this problem and will even last me over 8 hours. I fail to see how soft paws will be any different for the ones I know don't work, as they are to use the exact same taping system. Add in the fact that they all cost no less than double (for half the capacity), this is a rip off in my book. Simple.

I also get not all ABDL's want the same thing, but you'd at least think more than one company would want to cater to the largest and loudest crowd for what we want. If I don't speak up then how will anyone know what I want. Besides, we already have a bunch of other companies doing the exact same thing as what soft paws wants to do. It makes sense that if any other company wants to get in to this business- and succeed- then they would need to do something either different, or better, or both- not the same as everyone else. If their startup is already failing thanks to consumers overall then that speaks louder than even me- by far.

Ok -- point taken.  You called Dry 24/7s "truly babyish", but didn't  say you preferred that to a printed diaper.

I haven't noticed any significant difference in leakage due to the positioning of tapes.  Personally, I prefer tapes to be closer together so it looks closer to how I think a diaper should look because I'm more interested how a diaper looks and feels than its capacity.  Having said that, wearing a diaper for 10-12 hours without it leaking is pretty cool; but virtually all of the diapers I wear hold a lot without leaking:  Bambinos, Spoiled, Fabines, and Dry 24/7.  MMDV (My mileage does vary).

As for the largest and loudest crowd, the proof is in the purchasing.  Right now, Dry 24/7 may be making what we believe is the best diaper around, but how well is it selling?  At this point, I can only find five places on the net to buy them:  Their web site, their Amazon listings, Agecomfort.com ($184 for a case of 72 Dry 24/7 diapers!!!), Rearz in Canada, and XP Medical.  Will there be another lengthy period waiting for new production like last year, or was that problem solved?  With all of the other diaper options available to AB/DLs, it doesn't appear right now that the majority of AB/DLs consider Dry 24/7 the Mac Daddy of adult diapers. 

And you are going to have to start showing your math.  Claiming that Soft Paws will hold less than a Dry 24/7 for more than double the cost is bull, and you know it.  According to XP Medical, the Dry 24/7 holds 96 ounces.  Soft Paws claims their diapers will hold 4000 millilitres aka 4 litres aka 135 ounces.  Last I checked, 135 is not less than half of 96.  Additionally, 96 Soft Paws cost $150 including shipping, which is $1.56 per diaper.  72 Dry 24/7 diapers cost $99.95 at XP Medical, which is $1.38 per diaper.  $1.56 is not double of $1.38.  Even 48 Soft Paws for $80 including shipping ($1.67 per diaper) isn't anywhere near double the price of Dry 24/7s. 

As for Soft Paws providing a similar item that others are providing,  I don't see that as a bad thing.  There are obvious differences between the products, although mostly it's the printed design and not the functionality.  If these companies generate enough business to at least stay afloat, then other possible entrepreneurs may consider targeting a less-tapped market: people who want a fully functional adult diaper with widely separated tapes and a printed design.  

But I agree -- ask for what you want.  I recall asking Bambino Diapers to produce their Classico with a plain taping panel, and not long after that, out came the Bianco.  Would they have produced it anyway?  Likely, but asking certainly didn't hurt.