LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Soft Paws diapers from Little AB Co

All good points. You may not know this but in past threads we had somewhat come to a general consensus that a diapers capacity is not what they rate them at with blue colored water. In reality, a diapers actual capacity is how much urine it can absorb when worn on a person's body. Obviously this means everyone's mileage will vary.

My own experience is that I actually can get a dry diaper to reach their rated 96oz (about 2800 milliliters). Where as any diaper that does not use actual lower tapes (middle and upper, often with a tape landing zone), will leak on me well before ever reaching half capacity. In other words, a soft paws likely will not hold more than 2000 milliliters (about 68oz).

We've already covered the costs and that I will always take the most cost effective packaging/shipping. Ergo, my math came out to more than double the cost, and at less than half the absorbency.

For what it's worth, I have also found that these kind of diapers with the higher tapes only work good if you are wearing a size too small. With diapers like these a common problem is the tapes popping off, splitting in the rear, and them generally feeling tighter. If this works for you then obviously your mileage will vary greatly from mine.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All good points. You may not know this but in past threads we had somewhat come to a general consensus that a diapers capacity is not what they rate them at with blue colored water. In reality, a diapers actual capacity is how much urine it can absorb when worn on a person's body. Obviously this means everyone's mileage will vary.

My own experience is that I actually can get a dry diaper to reach their rated 96oz (about 2800 milliliters). Where as any diaper that does not use actual lower tapes (middle and upper, often with a tape landing zone), will leak on me well before ever reaching half capacity. In other words, a soft paws likely will not hold more than 2000 milliliters (about 68oz).

We've already covered the costs and that I will always take the most cost effective packaging/shipping. Ergo, my math came out to more than double the cost, and at less than half the absorbency.

For what it's worth, I have also found that these kind of diapers with the higher tapes only work good if you are wearing a size too small. With diapers like these a common problem is the tapes popping off, splitting in the rear, and them generally feeling tighter. If this works for you then obviously your mileage will vary greatly from mine.

This is very nice. It's like you're trying to use logic to say gravity pushes you away from an object. I've said what I've said and stick by it. I'm done arguing with you on this. Use what ever comparisons or logic you want because I don't care any more.

This is very nice. It's like you're trying to use logic to say gravity pushes you away from an object. I've said what I've said and stick by it. I'm done arguing with you on this. Use what ever comparisons or logic you want because I don't care any more.

"your statement is not only illogical but also unworthy or refutation" Leopard Nimoy.

Darned autocorrect. Yeah I did mean "of" and I did mean "Leonard". And he did say it while playing as the character Spock but it was still Nimoy that said it.

Well, I don't know who "Leopard" Nimoy is, but somehow I'm not shocked that you feel the need to try and get the last word in, no matter how petty it comes off.

Actually the character Spock said it, and I believe it's supposed to be "unworthy OF refutation", but I digress......

He can have the last word -- no big deal to me. It would be nice to understand how he came up with his position that Soft Paws costs over twice as much as a Dry 24/7, and is less than half as absorbent as a Dry 24/7. It's not easy to make circumstances where his position is correct. But I'll try....

First, I'd have to buy six (6) bags of Soft Paws, but order them one at a time over a short time period, or insist to Soft Paws not to give me a price break. So the math on that is 6 bags times $40.80 equals $244.80, which is over twice of the cost of 72 Dry 24/7s when purchased from XP Medical.

To make the Soft Paws diaper less than half the absorbency of a Dry 24/7 is tougher. First, I have to assume that one can get all 2800 millilitres of urine into a Dry 24/7 without leaking, simply due to the wider spaced lower tapes. Second, if the Soft Paws diaper holds less than half of a Dry 24/7, then I have to assume that the Soft Paws will leak at or below 1400 millilitres. Since the Soft Paws' specs show it is supposed to be able to hold 4 litres, I have to assume the diaper can actually only hold 35% or less of that. Third, I have to assume the actual Soft Paws diaper will perform as poorly as speculated.

So that is an example of the circumstances where a Soft Paws diaper can cost twice as much as a Dry 24/7 with half the absorbency of the Dry 24/7.

Last word or not doesn't bother me, what does bother me is when people start speaking incorrectly on my behalf, or without my consent, or miss-quoting me.

You are out of line, please apologize.

And fyi, you were the one that said you wanted the single packs so that is why I compared them instead of by the case. I will always compare them by the case is certainly I know it is a much better deal. Yes I can get a dry diaper to absorb all (though I sometimes change sooner to mitigate the risk of leaks). And yes this is mostly due to the tapes being position ed lower which provides a better seal that leaks much, much less often. Like I said before, have g the tapes positioned higher away from the legs does not allow for that same seal. Every diaper I have ever tried which had this, has and will leak on me long before reaching even half their rated capacity. This is their actual usable capacity, I just increased it to half for simplicity and to at least be so, we had fair to the manufacturers in spite them having poor designs that dot work. Again, like I said before though, if you wear a size too small then your fit will be tight enough to not leak. If that's what you like then fine, but I do not like having the problems associated with wearing a small diaper. And fyi 1oz equals 29.5ml,so 96oz equals about 2800ml. I said I can reach full capacity of a dry diaper (2800ml), but at best only half of a soft paws (2000ml). Since 2000 is less than 2800 my last statements still stand. And finally, yes I do assume the same general design of a soft paws diaper which generally matches the same design and fit as every other one I've tried will also perform generally the same. This is not a hard concept to understand- really.

Now please do go ahead and refute this all you want. This is after all only my opinion which I have formed based on the facts and my personal experiences.

Last word or not doesn't bother me, what does bother me is when people start speaking incorrectly on my behalf, or without my consent, or miss-quoting me.

You are out of line, please apologize.

And fyi, you were the one that said you wanted the single packs so that is why I compared them instead of by the case. I will always compare them by the case is certainly I know it is a much better deal. Yes I can get a dry diaper to absorb all (though I sometimes change sooner to mitigate the risk of leaks). And yes this is mostly due to the tapes being position ed lower which provides a better seal that leaks much, much less often. Like I said before, have g the tapes positioned higher away from the legs does not allow for that same seal. Every diaper I have ever tried which had this, has and will leak on me long before reaching even half their rated capacity. This is their actual usable capacity, I just increased it to half for simplicity and to at least be so, we had fair to the manufacturers in spite them having poor designs that dot work. Again, like I said before though, if you wear a size too small then your fit will be tight enough to not leak. If that's what you like then fine, but I do not like having the problems associated with wearing a small diaper. And fyi 1oz equals 29.5ml,so 96oz equals about 2800ml. I said I can reach full capacity of a dry diaper (2800ml), but at best only half of a soft paws (2000ml). Since 2000 is less than 2800 my last statements still stand. And finally, yes I do assume the same general design of a soft paws diaper which generally matches the same design and fit as every other one I've tried will also perform generally the same. This is not a hard concept to understand- really.

Now please do go ahead and refute this all you want. This is after all only my opinion which I have formed based on the facts and my personal experiences.

That's right, but I believe now where you got confused on this. To reiterate; The soft paws cost twice as much (based on yours and my original purchase comparisons), and the soft paws will have about half of their rated capacity (based on how they are made and perform- at least on me). Once again, my statement still holds, you just miss-understood (to which I forgive you).

See, he was done arguing, until someone disagreed with him again. :screwy:

I am done arguing over their cost and performance. I've said what I needed to and if you're still confused then maybe you should try re-reading everything from the beginning.

What I will never be done with is people miss-quoting, or otherwise miss-directing what I've said. Of course, when I get a continuing question about something I'm going to answer it as well.

Maybe that's just because kickstarter didn't even remotely realize there are a half dozen other adult diaper exactly like it (aside from the print design). I really do believe they would have done better if they had tried to make a better design- then put their prints on it.

Maybe that's just because kickstarter didn't even remotely realize there are a half dozen other adult diaper exactly like it (aside from the print design). I really do believe they would have done better if they had tried to make a better design- then put their prints on it.

Actually, the folks at DryCare probably already did their market research and discovered that the vast majority of their customers ARE AB/DL's, and hence it's of no significant financial benefit to them to start up a "designer" diaper company to appeal to people who already are the majority of their customer base.

Seems a shame that Kickstarter pulled it, not sure if you looked into Indiegogo same sort of thing as kickstarter but not sure if they have the same rules on that mite be worth looking into, also you have gofundme but again dont know there rules on that.

Actually, the folks at DryCare probably already did their market research and discovered that the vast majority of their customers ARE AB/DL's, and hence it's of no significant financial benefit to them to start up a "designer" diaper company to appeal to people who already are the majority of their customer base.

Seems a shame that Kickstarter pulled it, not sure if you looked into Indiegogo same sort of thing as kickstarter but not sure if they have the same rules on that mite be worth looking into, also you have gofundme but again dont know there rules on that.