LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Soft Paws diapers from Little AB Co

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not cherry picking, and that isn't a limited time price. That "promotional" price has been running for some time now, and there is no planned end right for it now either. Even without it, the price would only be another $20. That would make it $1.66 per diaper which is still way less. Not even sure where you are getting 36 for $92, That's not even close. You might want to double check that....

No I'm not "cherry picking", but if you're not going to shop around then don't blame me for your having to pay more. Of course I'm going to also pick what ever size packaging that makes the most sense. Don't blame me is Soft Paws doesn't offer case packaging either. And, yes- I am saying that a "limited time promotion" without an ending date is not actually limited or a promotion- that is their price until such time as it changes. Just the same as everyone else does pricing.

It's dishonest to add a diaper to that list that doesn't need to have its plastic cover printed by the manufacturer in a color design, as that is an additional expense that Dry 24/7 doesn't have.

The main factor in diaper price is quantity. Dry24/7 and others have lower prices because they can buy in such bulk to get the per diaper cost really low. This is because they can play in the incontinence and medical arenas as well as the fetish world. An adult size furry diaper can not do this, especially on their first run. Let them get started and prove the business and then they can place larger orders for lower prices.

The main factor in diaper price is quantity. Dry24/7 and others have lower prices because they can buy in such bulk to get the per diaper cost really low. This is because they can play in the incontinence and medical arenas as well as the fetish world. An adult size furry diaper can not do this, especially on their first run. Let them get started and prove the business and then they can place larger orders for lower prices.

Dry247 and Tranquility have the advantage of having their own manufacturing facilities here stateside, so there are a LOT of costs they don't deal with that small companies that have to source from overseas do.

Dry247 and Tranquility have the advantage of having their own manufacturing facilities here stateside, so there are a LOT of costs they don't deal with that small companies that have to source from overseas do.

Hey, if Attends had any where near the same capacity and performance of a Dry24/7 then I'd be one of the first to say a Dry diaper is a rip off. You do get what you pay for, there's just no reason to pay for more than what you're getting.

Actually it sounds like the biggest problem is that soft paws just don't offer case shipping. I'm always going to compare their best per-diaper pricing so if all they have is a pack then it will never be able to compare to any other diaper that comes in a case.

Also; regarding the dry24/7 "promotional pricing". You do realize that just an advertising gimic to get people to buy them- under the assumption that it will run out soon. Since it isn't going to run out soon it's quite logical to realize it's not actually promotional after all.

And; regarding my using them as a comparison, I did this since they are just as- if not more- absorbent than soft paws is among to be. In this regard I'm using them as a bench mark for quality just as much as I am for pricing. I could have used Abena, but regardless of price those don't perform as good now do they.

Edit: And for the record, I would love to be able to use a "boutique" diaper with awesome designs on them. Being incontinent though, they would need to perform good with few leaks and not cost me much more than the thousands of dollars I'm already paying each year. If Soft Paws could do that then I'd be in front of the line to use them (or any other one for that matter).

What I don't like is the added cost for no real reason (just offer case shipping really), and getting diapers that have the lower tapes positioned towards the middle (which prevents a decent fit for diapers that are properly sized).

Actually it sounds like the biggest problem is that soft paws just don't offer case shipping. I'm always going to compare their best per-diaper pricing so if all they have is a pack then it will never be able to compare to any other diaper that comes in a case.

Also; regarding the dry24/7 "promotional pricing". You do realize that just an advertising gimic to get people to buy them- under the assumption that it will run out soon. Since it isn't going to run out soon it's quite logical to realize it's not actually promotional after all.

And; regarding my using them as a comparison, I did this since they are just as- if not more- absorbent than soft paws is among to be. In this regard I'm using them as a bench mark for quality just as much as I am for pricing. I could have used Abena, but regardless of price those don't perform as good now do they.

Edit: And for the record, I would love to be able to use a "boutique" diaper with awesome designs on them. Being incontinent though, they would need to perform good with few leaks and not cost me much more than the thousands of dollars I'm already paying each year. If Soft Paws could do that then I'd be in front of the line to use them (or any other one for that matter).

What I don't like is the added cost for no real reason (just offer case shipping really), and getting diapers that have the lower tapes positioned towards the middle (which prevents a decent fit for diapers that are properly sized).

Actually, the biggest problem appears that Soft Paws might not get enough Kickstarter funding to move forward with the project, so this thread may end up being much ado about nothing. It doesn't help when a seasoned member of this board calls their efforts a "ripoff, plain and simple".

I still don't understand the case shipping aspect. Soft Paws lists 48 diapers for $80 including shipping, and 96 diapers for $150 including shipping. Like most adult diapers, it appears the more you buy, the cheaper they are per diaper. Bambino sells cases at 48 diapers (six bags of 8 diapers), and Rearz sells Inspire and Spoiled diaper cases at 48 diapers (four bags of 12 diapers). Doesn't sound like Soft Paws is doing anything different that other companies are doing.

As regarding the Dry 24/7 "promotional pricing"....You do realize the difference between a fact and a opinion. The fact is simple -- the web site says "Limited time promotional pricing". Your opinion that the web site is puffing is just that -- an opinion. As as far as your opinion, it may be true or false; only the owner of XP Medical knows for sure.

As for adding Dry 24/7 for comparison, I have a hard time believing that. If so, why stop at adding Dry 24/7? It was pretty obvious that a lot of quality diapers used by AB/DLs were not in the list. Your statement that Dry 24/7 outperforms all of the ones on the list I created is interesting, considering the fact that Soft Paws haven't even hit the market. I'm not even sure what your performance criteria is, and what testing you did to determine Dry 24/7s outperform Aww So Cutes, Cuddles, Fabines, Snuggies, and Spoiled, for that matter.

I mean, we get it. Dry 24/7s are great diapers. And like you, I prefer white diapers over printed ones. But you and I do not represent every AB/DL. Not all AB/DLs are incontinent. Not all AB/DLs spend thousands of dollars on diapers a year. Not all AB/DLs wear diapers every day. Not all AB/DLs have room in their house or apartment to store a case of diapers. Not all AB/DLs need a diaper that can hold four litres of urine before leaking. Not all AB/DLs need diapers with multiple tapes, three tapes, or lower tapes. And not every AB/DL wants an all white diaper.

You're right, I am posting what is my opinion- just as you and everyone else is. You are wrong though- I actually would prefer a printed diaper over a plain one. There just aren't any available out there that actually perform good while not costing too much. That is kind of my whole point here.

Cuddles, fabines, Aww so cute, etc simply do not perform very well (at least for my body shape). Their lack of lower tapes means they will all leak long before reaching their rated capacities. Dry24/7 does not have this problem and will even last me over 8 hours. I fail to see how soft paws will be any different for the ones I know don't work, as they are to use the exact same taping system. Add in the fact that they all cost no less than double (for half the capacity), this is a rip off in my book. Simple.

I also get not all ABDL's want the same thing, but you'd at least think more than one company would want to cater to the largest and loudest crowd for what we want. If I don't speak up then how will anyone know what I want. Besides, we already have a bunch of other companies doing the exact same thing as what soft paws wants to do. It makes sense that if any other company wants to get in to this business- and succeed- then they would need to do something either different, or better, or both- not the same as everyone else. If their startup is already failing thanks to consumers overall then that speaks louder than even me- by far.

If your spending thousands, and your IC, your buying the wrong diapers. Molicare only need to be changed twice a day, and at $65 a case, thats only 800 a year.

Ha, Molicare supers work great for their capacity, but they barely last me 4-5 before being soaked up the back and in need of a change. I can get away with using about 6 per day, but at that cost-per-day the dry diapers are a better deal.

Also, I know I'm drinking right at the recommended amount of water per day per the W.H.O. Are you sure you're drinking enough? It doesn't sound like it if you can get away with just two per day.

Actually scratch that. I had an extra cup of coffee this morning and now 5 hours later even my Dry diaper needs changing. (which while at work I do not take them to their full capacity. Usually around 75 percent capacity and my chances for a leak while sitting start getting to high to remain reliable).

You're right, I am posting what is my opinion- just as you and everyone else is. You are wrong though- I actually would prefer a printed diaper over a plain one. There just aren't any available out there that actually perform good while not costing too much. That is kind of my whole point here.

Cuddles, fabines, Aww so cute, etc simply do not perform very well (at least for my body shape). Their lack of lower tapes means they will all leak long before reaching their rated capacities. Dry24/7 does not have this problem and will even last me over 8 hours. I fail to see how soft paws will be any different for the ones I know don't work, as they are to use the exact same taping system. Add in the fact that they all cost no less than double (for half the capacity), this is a rip off in my book. Simple.

I also get not all ABDL's want the same thing, but you'd at least think more than one company would want to cater to the largest and loudest crowd for what we want. If I don't speak up then how will anyone know what I want. Besides, we already have a bunch of other companies doing the exact same thing as what soft paws wants to do. It makes sense that if any other company wants to get in to this business- and succeed- then they would need to do something either different, or better, or both- not the same as everyone else. If their startup is already failing thanks to consumers overall then that speaks louder than even me- by far.