LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

For the first time

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after about 3 weeks of total urinary incontinence I have gotten used to the whole process. I shower more. I go through 4-5 diapers a day. I always have a bag with supplies. What I guess I am trying to say is it has not changed my life that much. I won't let it. I actually feel ok knowing that I am basically healthy except got the incontinence. I choose to think of myself as very lucky that this is my only problem. It's all how you look at it. I do not want any surgeries that could affect me in other ways

Jill

Latest

Rash is so bad I have resorted to using an external catheter. I am very careful down there, but I guess I have to be more careful. I have been trying different rash creams but I have not found the one I like. So far it's Dr smiths. But I am open to any suggestion. Desiton and the commercial brands do not help me.

Jill

Try using a gentle soap when you clean up. Avoid soap if you can. Soap strips away the naturally protective skin oils.

If what you're fighting is a yeast infection, try some of the common athlete's foot remedies like Tinactin or Lotramin. It sounds silly, but athlete's foot is a fungal infection, too. I've successfully warded off rashes this way. The best thing is to catch them before they get too bad.

Rash is clearing up. Still using externall catheter. It is helping. Nervous about the test Tuesday. My potassium levels are fine. I was cramping because I was not drinking enough water. Going to a hockey game tonight so this will be interesting. I like the diapers better. Don't feel as secure with the catheter. I got aloft of exercise so that's not it. I honestly don't know how I feel about Tuesday. Part of me wants to know that there is a reason for this. The other part of me doesn't want a problem at all!,( more because of health). I have been in diapers and such for 7 weeks and am getting used to the process. I don't know however if this is something I want forever. Has anyone actually gone through this entire process only to find out that they are 100 percent fine physically? And if so what happens next? Please don't speculate.

Jill

PS. I am a very positive and social person so either way I will not let this change my life at all. The summer at the beach will be a challenge. But my plan is to use an externall catheter and tuck it between my legs behind me with a tight cotton panty to keep it in place.

Calmoseptine is wonderful for skin care for dry, mild rashes minor broken skin, cracks, etc. If it's a rash definitely use something that is designed for yeast infections. If the rash shows improvement in a couple days you are on the right track.

If you haven't already had one, the neurologist will need an MRI of your lower back to diagnose pinched nerves or spinal problems.

What happens if the doctors can't pin-point a specific cause is they hang the label "idiopathic" on your incontinence. That's the medical term for a shrug and "I have no idea what your problem is." After that, it depends on how persistent you are at pursuing the issue and how long your insurance will continue paying for the tests.

If you haven't already had one, the neurologist will need an MRI of your lower back to diagnose pinched nerves or spinal problems.

What happens if the doctors can't pin-point a specific cause is they hang the label "idiopathic" on your incontinence. That's the medical term for a shrug and "I have no idea what your problem is." After that, it depends on how persistent you are at pursuing the issue and how long your insurance will continue paying for the tests.

They tried to do the test today where they put a tube up inside me and fill my bladder with water. I could not take the pain. They gave me a topical but I could not handle it. I will try it again but there will be an anesthesiologist to put me out before hand. So now I am just uncomfortable. Not a great day

Jill

Have been urinary incontinent for the past 4 yrs seen numerous urologists and neurological doc and been through all the tests and mri's and everything came back normal. So they didn't find anything wrong or ad normal. Have been wearing 24/7 and live my life normally. The only problem I find with having to wear diapers 24/7 is finding a men's bathroom when I'm out and about that has a garbage can to trough the used diaper away sence everyone is going to air hand dryers and so their for don't need a trash can for the used paper towels. And the rashes at times can be a pain but sense balmex came out with an adult diaper rash creame that works pretty good for me it's really not that bad wearing diapers 24/7.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I have to accept the fact that I am incontinent. No control and in diapers 24/7 again. I used to be such a DL but now not so sure. So different when you don't have a choice

Lots of truth in that.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok. Here's the latest. Still haven't had my Cisto test yet. Switched Dr after the last mishap. Test is in 2 weeks. I did get a prescription for Diapers from the Dr but my health insurance won't take it. I am resigned to the fact that I am incontinent and anything they find from here can only help. Hope everyone is well. Diapers are hot in the summertime. :)