LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A/B what you want to C clothing

stubaby7

hi i have a friend that is a professional seamstress and she is wanting to get into making A/B clothing i was wondering what you people want to see and maybe some input on sizing. what im asking is for what do you not like about the A/B clothing out there now? what would you like to see? patterns? sizing ? colors? more onses ? rompers? footed PJs? shortalls? what is it that you all want from your A/B clothing

I believe having too many measurements can get a little overwhelming for some people. If shorts can be made to fit with just one measurement and shirts with just one more, then why can't shortalls be made with just two?

I would say more modern style/designs. I see a LOT of designs where the pattern of the fabric is too busy like kids clothes from the 80's. But something to the likes of Oshkosh, Carter's, Gymboree would be nice. Even a good selection of quality onesies and rompers would be a great start! I can provide samples of what I would see as good basics should you want them.

In my opinion, the AB clothing is more catered to little girls than boys. I understand boys clothes are limited, but sailor suits aren't fun baby wear. Even swim suits, summer and winter Cotten PJ's for kids who live in warmer areas, etc.

Also, for the love of cookies and milk, can someone please make kiddie type underwear! Lol, the kind with the colored piping and prints on the but and whatever you'd do for girls because I'm not biased, blah, blah. Hahaha.

I shop around quite a bit, and being a "big(er) kid (IE Non A/B) there are a few things that I look for but have had little to no success in finding.

One of the things that I DON'T like is all the snaps in the available clothes (Ebay) I don't need snaps in the legs of pants or shorts or pajamas etc....sheesh!

I have been looking for kid type pants (jeans) with the elastic around the back typically refered to as "grow pants' since they stretch around the waist, but also have room for (you guessed it) Diapers! :D This goes for play shorts and or short pants. Back in the late 60's early 70's in the Sears catalog, they had cloth for kids (of coarse) but the pants / shorts had a feature where the seat was cut fuller to accommodate "bulky training pants or diapers" This was essentially a curved seam going across the seat of the garment for making the extra space...practical today, don't know...but I always thought it was neat! :D

One other thing I have been looking for is the kids "polo style' pajamas, with the top and bottom seperate, but with cuff around the wrist and ankles and waist of the top to keep these areas from riding up. This is way cool prints or cool colors would be great!

Also some Summer pajamas...short sleeve top and thigh length shorts bottoms....would be fun...

As paxy mentioned, underwear would be great also....not that many of us here actually WEAR such things :whistling:

Also, as a big kid, fun shirts, with a pocket to put stuff is cool..I wear them all the time (carhartt brand) but mine are adult things...I want kids stuff too ;)

But basically, just mimic what is available for kids today...what the heck. Use all the same colors and prints or fabrics, and I'm sure you'll hit a note with someone somewhere.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Here is a link to my gallery. It contains pictures of all the outfits I've made. They are all "little girl" outfits, but for those who want LG clothes, this should give you a good idea of what to make. I scour the Internet for clothing ideas and then make patterns to duplicate what I've found. Fun and rewarding! Hope you enjoy the pictures and gather some ideas you can use.

I have been trying for years now to get someone to make me a complete matching outfit. what I want is a heavy weight kahki overalls with a contracting. onesie for inderneath. this outfit needs a white terry cloth bib with a matching border around it . one that would fit in with the rest of the outfit. then I want all the items to have a matching embrodery theme such as puppy dogs or firetrucks or somehting like that. something that screams little boy. oh and it would have to have gripper snaps in the crotch. does that make sense at all. if it also had a matching and embrodered summer type hat that would be cool too... so in review looking for a dressier go to church kind of outfit. something you would see an 18 month old in

• 3 weeks later...

Basically just about any pair you see for toddlers in Walmart, boy or girl. It's possible that it's easier to find toddler type underwear for girls. However, not so much for boys.

Walmart, target, and the likes used to carry undies close, but now all they make are cartoon boxers. Specifically, I'm talking about the kind with colored piping and a print on the butt and/or front. Even carter's and Gymboree and giranimals makes a fun design. Google is a friend here. I'd post pics, but my phone doesn't let that happen.

• 1 month later...

Bib overalls. Once again with connection in back. And tamper proof connection. Mabey a simple loop conecter that a small lock can be used on so once again bad boys and girls can't get at the0ir diapers

• 3 weeks later...