LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

should I tell a therapist?

Eating disorders are more common than you think. It probably is a good idea to seek help with it. Just think, if you were allergic to peanuts and yet didn't even notice you were eating them at first, then you could have been in real trouble.

• Like 3

Regarding privacy, in the US under HIPPA if any licensed medical care provider gives any personal information about you out without a warrant being served or their deeming you as a potential imminent risk to somebody's safety, you can sue the pants off of them plus they can lose their license <_< It's taken very seriously in the Courts. I don't know the status of it but there has been a call for Doc's treating Medicare/Medicaid patients (and maybe more) to be forced to digitize these records, however HIPPA still applies so any encroachment would be via hacking which would make proof of a Doctor's intent impossible, make liability for the security breach land on the Doctors, and that was the main argument against it. Doctors of the 'mental' variety are usually very careful with these things so I'm not worried- my therapist kept only written records and would quit before going through the gargantuan task of transcribing them :P

• Like 1

My rule of thumb regarding this topic is if you bring it up, it should from the following reasons:

- It is a means of how you cope with things

- Because you cope in such a way, it's causing you to function less than you normally do and is interfering with daily life

- The topic pertains to anything prominent in your life, such as your behaviors and responses. (This would most likely derive from regressive littles)

If you only want to tell your therapist because you'll get your jollies up and out of it or your seeking to find another person to share your excitement, refrain.

If you believe your AB/DL desires are impacting your ability to live your life or if you cannot achieve sexual gratification without thinking about AB/DL concepts, please DO talk with a therapist about it.

To evangelize something from the BigLittle Podcast, you hire your therapist. If you want to talk about your diaper interests, I guarantee your therapist has either seen it before or seen something that you would consider to be even weirder. If they react harshly or condemn you, fire them. Take your business elsewhere and get a new therapist. It'll be an awkward rest of the hour, but find someone who will actually work for you and not just tell you how to live your life. If you have to find a new therapist who is kink aware, I'd recommend the kink aware professionals list from the National Coalition for Sexual Freedom. And if your current therapist is receptive, tell them about the list.

I can only speak from my own experience but after a few sessions with my therapist I felt comfortable enough to tell her. She said that it sounded like it brought me a great amount of comfort and as long as it didn't stop me from achieving any of my goals it was fine. Telling my therapist was also hugely beneficial to me because then I could talk openly about anything and as far as I'm aware that is the whole point to seeing a therapist.

• 2 months later...

I am only offering my advice both as a mental health patient and psychology student/future therapist. Personally, my therapist knows about all of my medical issues because they all affect my daily life. She does not know that I have an account here or that I have purchased a baby bottle. Although I'm considering telling her since the bottle calms me/helps me sleep. Honestly, the biggest goal in therapy is generally to find a therapist you feel comfortable with and can be honest with. Look for someone who's caring and supportive but who'll also establish boundaries with you. Depending on what you want out of therapy, it may be helpful for you to look for someone who-for instance-has experience with trauma or depression. Honestly what you bring up in therapy is totally up to you but it should be a safe space where you can be honest & vulnerable. You & your therapist should be a team.

I have a different take. First, do you really think your secret world is really secret from the Government? They already know, even if you use TOR. If you frequent this site then they already know. So what... my wife knows, my mom knows.

I have a different take. First, do you really think your secret world is really secret from the Government? They already know, even if you use TOR. If you frequent this site then they already know. So what... my wife knows, my mom knows.