LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tree Forts

Yesterday I was taking my dog for a stroll around my neighborhood. I do this often but usually when I do I'm just looking straight ahead not paying much attention to my surroundings.

Well for some reason I decided that I was going to look at the exterior of each house and decide whether or not I'd like to live there (it was just something I thought would be kind of fun). The neighboorhood I live in has been around since the 80's so it has some pretty big trees in it and I noticed that 7 houses had legitimate tree houses in the back yards.

I thought it was so cool. I actually started getting a little jealous because I always wanted a tree house. I remember as a kid nailing a 2x4 to the tree in my back yard about 4 feet up and that was my pathetic attempt at a tree house.

Well, I was just wondering if anyone else had a treehouse growing up?

I loved in a wooded area and we had all kinds of tree platforms and one genuined fully enclosed 7x7 tree cabin with an upper deck. In 1981 I went through the woods in an area about a half-mile away and found a unit that we had built in that area 20 years earlier and the children of the ones we built it with were using it and it had been maintained very will, I could see both original and new material in the structure. A few of the kids were there and I told them the story of it's building and of the "Empire" that it was part of

In 1958 I was in South Tiverton RI with my aunt and uncle looking at a piece of property to which we might move. It was really bonndocks and a huge piece of land. The house was a bit rundown but could be renovated. In the front was this large tree fort, about 6x12 with a roof that might have been usuable ans an upper deck spanning two trees about 10 feet apart, about 10 feet up with an actual stairway, We did not buy the property

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

When I was in my early teens, a friend of ours had a cool tree house that we practically lived in during the summer. It had 2 floors with an trap door entry, and a deck on the roof. The first floor had bean bag chairs, carpet, and power for the tv, CD player, VCR, NES, Super Nintendo, Genesis, Turbo Graphics 16 and a lamp. The second floor had a sleeping area, enough for 4 or 5 of us. On clear nights we could look at the stars with the telescope on the roof top deck, and even had a BBQ once in a while. We had a lot of fun that summer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One afternoon, in the 1940's, I went with my parents to a Country House in Hampshire with quite extensive gardens.

What a sad end to such a noble strucutre

RIP

In England, petty siblings of hitler in some 'local planning offices' have taken legal action against parents who had build their children Tree Houses.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I always wanted a tree house as a kid, but we never had the right size/age trees, and my dad wasn't as adept at carpentry as I have become. So when my kids got to the right age, we built a tree house together. A spiral staircase wrapped around one tree and up, then a straight stairway led further up to the house stretched between 4 more trees. It was purposely lopsided, with a sleeping loft, garden window, and a front porch. We used tons of building scraps to make it, and the kids learned lots about framing as well as material re-use.

• 4 years later...

My playhouse was built on stilts, and you had to climb a ladder to get into it. Even so, my friends and I still called it a "tree house", although this technically wasn't correct. When I was around 9 years old, we enclosed the bottom of it and put a door on it, to make a "ground floor" if you will. It also had a slide, and one of my favorite things to do was climb up the slide after sliding down. I also remember pushing my toy cars down the slide.

• 1 month later...

I had a tree house (den) that me and some mates built in early teenage years, took over two weeks of school holidays to make and was the best den ever with rope ladder to stop just anyone going in (unless they had a ladder of there own). We built it in a farmers field next to the local cricket pitch but some one complained to the farmer it was an eyesore and the farmer destroyed it. He had to cut the branch it was on and he broke a rip (or badly hurt so the story I have been told) himself when the scafold pole I used for the main floor support hit him.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a tree house fort built by my dad when I was 10 . I remember after school climbing the ladder into the tree house and just escaping from everything. I was in my own little world up there. I was not very popular growing up at all so this tree house was a sanctuary of sorts for me to play with my Army Men or Baseball Cards and just be in my own space. I suppose I do that now when I am finished with work each day and I go into the adult baby lifestyle and become a 3 year old little boy. I escape into my own little world that makes me extremely happy, especially after a stressful day(like during tax season). I am a CPA. ?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

When I was a kid we had four acres of land, and in one tree we had sort of a tree "platform".  It was a floor with 2x4 planks around it to keep us kids from falling out, and it had a bucket on a rope that we could use to haul things up and down with us in.  We also had a little hut of sorts that we'd built dug into the side of a hill.  It was cool but we didn't use it much because wasps nested in it.  What I'd give for a tree fort now.

Well i never had a tree hut but me my sister and friends made huts out of doors.When we moved into our house in 1961 the cellor was full of doors.So we took some into the woods in back of our house.The huts where not that tall.

Heck we even had carpets on the floor.A bunch even had three or four rooms.My dad even came down one day with a bunch of rolls of plastic to cover the roof.Of all the huts we made we onley made one with the doors upright.It was just to high for us to nail them together.We spent many nights in those huts.Some of the best times i had growing up was spent making and playing in those huts.