LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why the hell are employers not so straight forward?

So, I applied at about 9 different places, One lady I applaud for not giving me the "round about" wild goose chase or make me wonder if I am able to be employed or not. She told me straight up right after the interview that "Sorry we can't employ you".

Tip don't tell them you been off work for so long. Tell them you tried self employment and its not making end meet.

Good luck with that. They are certainly going to ask what you were doing and probably even ask for proof of that too.

Yeah you can fudge it for a food job put down self employed be creative and you can work around that, have your story straight though if they ask too many questions. For a food job they won't, if you find a job that keeps asking questions or ask for proof then don't worry about it eventually something will come along.. You can't keep your resume blank for 10 years you have to come up with something, they might buy a year unemployed with the bad economy or even 2, but not 10! Good luck!!

If employers are kinda put off by you not having much activity lately, perhaps you could do some volunteer work for a while? That might help in some way shape or form. It would give the employer a chance to call whoever you volunteered for to ask if you're on time and what not.

• Like 1

Good luck with that. They are certainly going to ask what you were doing and probably even ask for proof of that too.

Plus if you do and it comes to light that you told a Lie, then it may be grounds to reconsider the employment offer too.

If employers are kinda put off by you not having much activity lately, perhaps you could do some volunteer work for a while? That might help in some way shape or form. It would give the employer a chance to call whoever you volunteered for to ask if you're on time and what not.

Yes cos you need to demonstate

If a would-be employer tells you outright that they're not going to hire you, it's usually because they already have someone in mind for the position you're applying for. The company keeps doing interviews because they need to make it look like they did an actual search for who they hired, even if it was the second person they interviewed.

There are several reasons why you get the "we'll call you later" response from other companies though.

So, I applied at about 9 different places, One lady I applaud for not giving me the "round about" wild goose chase or make me wonder if I am able to be employed or not. She told me straight up right after the interview that "Sorry we can't employ you".

Good luck on your job hunting. I know it sucks:(. In my case I had a back injury required 3 surgery,spent a year recovering from that. I did get disability and decided I couldn't live on my 1200 a month so went looking. I had a great employment history,13 years with one company. Supervisor/ job foreman when I got hurt. Even with all that took me a year to find a company to hire me bc of the risk they say of lawsuits. I did get a job and work everyday now making good money. Hang in there don't give up..

I know around here, both myself and my friends are getting phone calls for jobs we applied for over 6 months ago. It's a tough market out there. I am keeping busy running a small business on the side but am still seeking something more steady.

I know it's not our business, but could you explain why it is you haven't worked? It may help a bit more. Just out of the Blue, I simply noticed your 25...then you say you haven't worked for 10 years. Now I know laws vary state to state. But in my state I can easily see you have never held a full time job in your life. I say this as you must be 14 in my state to even hold a part time job that is actually in the system.

I know it's not our business, but could you explain why it is you haven't worked? It may help a bit more. Just out of the Blue, I simply noticed your 25...then you say you haven't worked for 10 years. Now I know laws vary state to state. But in my state I can easily see you have never held a full time job in your life. I say this as you must be 14 in my state to even hold a part time job that is actually in the system.

At the original question two things come to mind- One is that they all have a 'standard' non-committal answer which you and everyobne else gets at first. Second is that this answer 'covers their behinds' so that you aren't taking away expectations which they haven't given.

• 4 years later...

OK. This bit of advice is a little bit shifty, but as an employer myself, I've been fooled by this tactic on more than one occasion.

Find a company which has recently filed for bankruptcy / been liquidated / closed down and claim to have worked for them until you were one day out of a job when the company unexpectedly went belly up. Not only will this fill in gaps in your resume, but it will engender a sense of loyalty, that you "went down with the ship." It's next to impossible to disprove, and provided you work hard in your new position, it will do your new employer no harm.

Sometimes employers advertise for staff when they're in financial difficulties, to make the business look stronger than it is, either that or the job has already been promised to one of the manager's friends or relatives, and they interview others to hide this,,,

In America, businesses are allowed to get away with whatever they want to. It's part of being in a capitalist society: no one can tell businesses how they should be run. That's why we have labor unions. I was lucky enough to put in 36 years working in city and state jobs with full medical coverage and a pension plan. I was also a union member with my state job. CSEA is far from perfect, but it did give me a little protection, security and benefits and now I've been retired for four years.

• 3 weeks later...

Let me update all of you since this post. Ive currently gotten a job with a reputable company with a full benefits package. (Dental, Vision, Health insurance ect) A friend of mine helped me out with getting a job at a gas station. I worked there for 2 years and just last year gotten my current job. So, there is light at the end of the tunnel for this post. :D unfortunately now, I am dealing with family stuff and can only WISH this was the worst of my problems in life.