LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
dyperbole

Rearz Diapers -- "Inspire" and "Spoiled" -- quick review

dyperbole    17

I recently was on www.rearz.ca and saw that they had two diapers they have branded their own:  "Inspire" and "Spoiled". The "Inspire" diapers appeared to be similar to Biancos / ComfiDry 24/7s.  The "Spoiled" ones appeared to have colored footprints all over the diaper. I was intrigued, so I ordered some from them.  So here's a quick review:

Delivery from Canada to the US was fairly fast -- I ordered them on the 7th, and I got my order on the 12th.  However, the box was beat up all to hell, and was massively retaped (although none of the contents were visible).  Rearz may want to invest in better boxes. Inside the package, the diapers were undamaged.  

I first tried the "Spoiled".  The colorful footprint design all over the diaper is cute without necessarily being babyish, so that can be a plus for some.  It worked as well as most of the quality diapers out there now (Bambino, Fabine, ComfiDry 24/7), and was a comfortable diaper for overnight usage.  The next night I tried the "Inspire". Very similar to a Bianco, although putting them side-by-side, the "Inspire" seems to be slightly more compact; closer to a ComfiDry 24/7, but I don't have one to compare it to at this time.  It was also a comfortable diaper for overnight usage, and worked as well as other quality diapers work.   

Obviously the price for these is higher when they have to ship to the US, so I wouldn't recommend them for regular usage in the US.  And the price of the "Spoiled" is higher due to the print, so I wouldn't recommend them as an everyday diaper unless you have money to burn.  But they are both excellent diapers, and I'd recommend anyone in Canada to give them a try.  For those of us in the US, consider getting some if you have a little extra cash to spend.  They're a little bit cheaper right now, as the exchange rate is about 15% in favor of the US Dollar -- in other words, $100 in US Currency is worth $115 in Canadian Currency.  So factor that in when ordering from Rearz.ca.

AwakenEvil    206

wow that's like 5 bucks a diaper... Does it wipe and change my ass too?

• Like 1

WBDaddy    546

well you can wear depends if you want cheapos.

or mid range brands,

clearly these are top range

Clearly there are top range (Bambino, Dry 24/7) diapers which can be had for a hell of a lot less than 5 bucks apiece.

dyperbole    17

$250 for 48?  Nah.  Don't think so.

Certainly pricey, but $250 CAD is for shipping 48 of their Spoiled diapers across the Atlantic.  Not sure how much Bambino charges for sending 48 of their diapers overseas.

I bought a bag of Inspire diapers and a bag of Spoiled diapers (total of 24), and with shipping I paid a little less than $4 USD each.  I will certainly keep buying Bambino Biancos and/or ConfiDry 24/7s at less than $2 USD per diaper instead of the Inspire diapers, but I can see myself getting a pack of the Spoiled diapers once in a blue moon. I like the whole diaper color design on the Spoiled diapers more than the designs used by Classy Comfort, Aww So Cute, Fabine, AB Universe's Cushies, and Snuggies. 

One side effect of wearing them is I have a yen to eat poutine, drink Timmies coffee, listen to Rush, and watch hockey. 

• Like 1

erevu    64

Either someone read something wrong, or they dropped in price dramatically. I was seeing 48 for 135. Still a lot, but nowhere near as much as five bucks and diaper.

Nia    31

Being in Canada I bought a case of each and they are great diapers. The only issue for me is the medium is a bit big. They fit like the Abena M4. I have been buying the conficare from rears and the fit is better for me (more like bambinos) and they are as absorbent. That being said I really like the print on the spoiled and they are a nice change to just white diapers. They are definitely as good as the other ultra absorbent diapers out there.

DLdapper    33

These are really made for Canadian consumers, and for that purpose they are good enough. For everyone else they are just to expensive to justify the cost when there are other much more economic products available.

• Like 1

leafgoalie    0

They are well designed and do hold a lot.  If you go to youtube and type in "Rearz" there are some videos of the product.  

WBDaddy    546

Either someone read something wrong, or they dropped in price dramatically. I was seeing 48 for 135. Still a lot, but nowhere near as much as five bucks and diaper.

48 for $250 is anywhere outside of Canada.  

WBDaddy    546

those are mid range,

So you are claiming that the OP's review is inaccurate?

It worked as well as most of the quality diapers out there now (Bambino, Fabine, ComfiDry 24/7)

If the OP is to be believed, these diapers are on PAR with Bambino and ComfiDry, but those two diapers can be had for a lot less than $5 apiece.  Seems to me this brand is aiming specifically at Canadian consumers, who prior to this point were having to do what you suggest we non-Canadian consumers do - order out-of-country.

dyperbole    17

48 for $250 is anywhere outside of Canada.  

Rearz has apparently removed the "48 for $250 Worldship" option for overseas orders.  Considering that Rearz advertises on DailyDiapers, it's possible someone from Rearz saw this thread and realized that listing could drive away potential buyers.  If so, hopefully they also read my issue with their boxes and will fix that, too.

The site says that Rearz ships to North America for $19.99 CAD;  looking at my bill, I was charged $19.99 for shipping, so that checks out.  

Doing a little bit of math, here's what I got for 48 Spoiled diapers from Canada to the US:  $135 for the case plus $19.99 for shipping equals $154.99 CAD. Currency converter shows that as $129.31 USD.  Dividing 48 diapers into that equals just under $2.70 USD per diaper.  

For comparison with other similar diapers with whole diaper color designs, Snuggies is currently charging $85 for 50 diapers with $10 shipping (special for the holiday season) for $1.90 per diaper, and AwwSoCute charges $125 for 50 diapers with $55 shipping for $3.60 per diaper.  ABU charges $68.95 for 40 ABU Cushies diapers with $22.38 shipping for $2.28 per diaper, but I don't consider Cushies to be the same quality as Snuggies / Rearz / AwwSoCute. 

So upon further review, the shipping costs for Rearz diapers isn't that bad. 

WBDaddy    546

Rearz has apparently removed the "48 for $250 Worldship" option for overseas orders.  Considering that Rearz advertises on DailyDiapers, it's possible someone from Rearz saw this thread and realized that listing could drive away potential buyers.  If so, hopefully they also read my issue with their boxes and will fix that, too.

The site says that Rearz ships to North America for $19.99 CAD;  looking at my bill, I was charged $19.99 for shipping, so that checks out.  

Doing a little bit of math, here's what I got for 48 Spoiled diapers from Canada to the US:  $135 for the case plus $19.99 for shipping equals $154.99 CAD. Currency converter shows that as $129.31 USD.  Dividing 48 diapers into that equals just under $2.70 USD per diaper.  

For comparison with other similar diapers with whole diaper color designs, Snuggies is currently charging $85 for 50 diapers with $10 shipping (special for the holiday season) for $1.90 per diaper, and AwwSoCute charges $125 for 50 diapers with $55 shipping for $3.60 per diaper.  ABU charges $68.95 for 40 ABU Cushies diapers with $22.38 shipping for $2.28 per diaper, but I don't consider Cushies to be the same quality as Snuggies / Rearz / AwwSoCute. 

So upon further review, the shipping costs for Rearz diapers isn't that bad. 

Nope, $2.70 per is much, much more reasonable.

And yeah, Cushies aren't much better in terms of performance than an Attends 6...

Dontpanic    4

I just received an order from Rearz. I got their sampler pack.

I am currently in an Inspire.  It is very absorbent, and very comfy feeling when wet.  The outer plastic doesn't have any feeling of seepage.  The plastic feels a bit like the wellness brand.

I have had some side leakage due to the tape location.  I find upper/middle tapes which this has hard to get a good fit around the legs.

I think I will try the Spoiled one next.

Repaid1    473

Here is a couple of videos on youtube...There is something about her voice and those high heels....nummy!  And yes you can see what see looks like if you search youtube, man I wish I was in Canada, she needs to start a babysitting service! (If she don't already ;) )

I actually just ordered some last Monday and I received the order in today. Basically it was what the OP stated, the package was the vintage attends I bought, along with 1 of the rearz diapers (I think just the blank one), wrapped in grey paper and taped. I have not tried the rearz one because I had to try the vintage attends 10 first. For what the packaging is worth, I think they are trying to save overhead costs (no sh!t sherlock). But I also heard that the gal was trying to tell a commenter that $19.99 was not bad because it was on shipping and not tacked on to every unit. Of course, it is another marketing tactic. It maximizes the amount you have to pay for anything and still allows profit. Think the shipping is maybe $6.99 to the U.S., there you go. 

Really, if you get caught up in the cost, it is no good. Technically, I think you pay US dollars either way (something I either saw on the site or she had mentioned), do not really care. I got 29 diapers for $119 and I am not phased. All on a credit card $0 APR for 15 months, so I can take my time to pay that off. 

Anywho, just my two cents to confirm. 

Dontpanic    4

I ordered a sample pack from rearz.

I tired the Inspire last week.

I just put on the Spoiled one, the one with the footprint design.

It so far seems the same as the other one, just with a different shell. 

Also for canadians who order from agecomfort, they added rearz diapers and added them to the samples section too.  Worth a look.

I tried they cost to much for me ! its printed with feet . not babyish which I like  just not for me. but each to there own . but I did get a great sale on pacifiers mommysnursery on ebay is selling those large silicone pacifiers for 11. 99 while they last . I got 3 of them

Repaid1    473

Showing no such seller on ebay :huh:  can you check for the correct name? :) or post a link.

Shy-Diapers    34

Showing no such seller on ebay :huh:  can you check for the correct name? :) or post a link.

I think you have to go to the link the OP mentioned in the first sentance. www.rearz.com

babychubby    14

Well I got mine today!!!!! They ate petty good I think the sizing is a little small but not too much. They are thin so will see if they live up to what they say. The plastic is rougher but to me seems pretty thick. The tapes seem really good but I just put one on. Will let everyone know how they worked for me!!!

Baby Brian    340

Well I got mine today!!!!! They ate petty good I think the sizing is a little small but not too much. They are thin so will see if they live up to what they say. The plastic is rougher but to me seems pretty thick. The tapes seem really good but I just put one on. Will let everyone know how they worked for me!!!

You're not supposed to eat them! No wonder you think the plastic is rough. 

babychubby    14

Dumb auto correct on phones........ so far they are good.

babychubby    14

Well I guess watch the tapes. They stick good but pull off the back easy.