LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

2015 Dress of the Year

BabyJune

Every once in a while I find a dress on the Internet that screams at me, and when I saw this one, I knew it was "the one." I found the dress on the cover of a book by Kari Mecca called "Sewing With Whimsy" over a year ago. I searched for a long time to try and find an exact match for the fabric with no luck. I finally found a fabric that came close. And as luck would have it, THIS fabric is now sold out! I found complementary fabrics and managed to design a dress that was as close to the original as I could. It's great! It has a full skirt with a hem line that matches the split sleeves and vestee, with lots of yellow rick rack trim attached to multicolored striped bias strips. It took two-and-a-half days to complete, and probably an equal amount of time to design the paper patterns, which are actually based on a "Kelsey's Best" Quick-Sew V-neck pattern from which I previously made a couple other dresses. NOTE: The original dress is done in "tea length," which means that it falls between the knees and ankles. Mine falls at knee-length as I'm not one for really long dresses (not sure why).

• 2 weeks later...