LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
Shy-Diapers

Your Favorite TV Show as a Kid

132 posts in this topic

Arthur was the bomb!

Does anyone remember rhe big comfy couch?

It depends how old. When I was 5 I loved Playschool. (an Australian educational TV show) and Mr Squiggle... a show where a puppeteer draws something upside down and you have to guess what it is.

When I was older (under 12) it was Teenager Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, Where's Wally (Waldo for non-aussies), Hercules and Xena (the really bad New Zealand made shows), Stargate SG-1, Pokemon and basically anything that was on Saturday Disney (Saturday morning cartoons).

When I was a preschooler (probably up to the first grade, when we moved so I remember that) my favorites were:

Captain Kangaroo

Fireball XL-5 (I remember I had a Fireball XL-5 lunchbox to go to school)

Diver Dan

The Three Stooges (I was particularly fond of Shemp rather than Curly for some reason).

Later...

Tennesee Tuxedo and His Tales

Bugs Bunny

Get Smart (I remember I got to stay up late to watch this)

Ultraman

Various Marvel Comics Cartoons (The Hulk, Spiderman, Fantastic 4)

Tobor the Eighth man

Speed Racer.

Mickey Mouse Club. Little raskels,  Laural and Hardy. Most of you will not know these shows, But a few will,  :doh:  :Crylol:   :)

As a wee one, I remember really loving Thomas the Train Engine, and then I fell into again when I was about 5 and my 2 year old little brother discovered it. Even dated a guy in the last few years that really liked it (and ironically dismissed My Little Pony as not being suitable adult programming). Doesn't really hold up for me. Lifeless eyes and proto-facist work comes first makes it all a bit creepy. Other than that I watched a lot of stuff on Nickleodian I can't really remember and hundreds of animal shows. Transitioned from that at around 8 or 9 to after school anime. That meant my new favorites were Digimon, Pokemon, Sailor Moon, and Dragon Ball Z. Looking back I really do feel for my mother trying to awkwardly explain "he just really likes the show" when I ran around grammas house, vanquishing cousins in the name of the moon.

Yaaaay!

Batman (1966)

Six Million Dollar Man

Sesame Street

Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

Those are my all-time favorites... plus a bunch others :)

Shoot!

I forgot:

The Brady Bunch

Bewitched

I remember loving Thomas as a wee tot as well xD. There was some magic train station show that I would almost always watch before school. I think someone's made a post here about it before.

I usually got home in time to catch the ending of Sailor Moon and the Gundam and DBZ runs that came on after that. I would also get up super early to watch Pokemon.

Anyway, since I never really got a chance to watch it as a kid, I recently started watching Sailor Moon! I finished the first run, but I didn't realize that there were several different runs of the show totaling 200 episodes >.>

Thomas the tank engine. I have them on VHS still and love them. (Ik I shouldnt have them still or a VCR player either still but Im old fashon) I also remember Ed, Edd and Eddy.

Are you kidding me? Only the best shows and movies are on VHS! VHS forever!

Was a massive sword and sorcery lover as a kid, so naturally I ate this up.

As a very young child I was all about Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers. When I was a bit older I loved Punky Brewster.

Changed at different times. The first one I remember being my favorite was the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. It shifted later on to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and then later on to things like Hey Arnold and Tiny Toons Adventures.

I realized that there wasn't a thread like this, so I thought I'd make one. :)

What was/is your favorite show(s) from when you were a kid?

My favorites would include: Jay Jay the jet plane, totally spies, strawberry shortcake, blue's clues, and teletubbies.

Totally Spies rules! But I was already a teen when that came out so only technically a 'kid' *giggles*.

I'd say Are You Afraid of the Dark is way up there.

Oh my gosh! I loved "Are You Afraid Of The Dark?"! I used to watch it every Saturday night on SNICK.

I also really liked Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Salute Your Shorts, Wild and Crazy Kids, and a bunch other shows that were on Nickelodeon in the early 90's.

1 person likes this

Oh my gosh! I loved "Are You Afraid Of The Dark?"! I used to watch it every Saturday night on SNICK.

I also really liked Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Salute Your Shorts, Wild and Crazy Kids, and a bunch other shows that were on Nickelodeon in the early 90's.

Rocko was great. I need that on DVD! I remember Kablam, Alex Mack, Hey Arnold, As Told By Ginger and some other shows on that channel like ChalkZone or Adventures of Pete and Pete that I actually like more now than i did then... Not that I disliked them. I can't really think of anything on Nickelodeon now that i like though.

Howdy Doody was definitely my favorite!

Captain Kangaroo was very entertaining!

These children's shows were way after my time but you can't beat:

You Can't Do That on Television

and

Danger Mouse

I remember getting into them when we first got Nick on cable TV.

These children's shows were way after my time but you can't beat:

You Can't Do That on Television

and

Danger Mouse

I remember getting into them when we first got Nick on cable TV.

YCDTOT, kidvid's Monty Python, what a show, back when Nickelodeon could almost get away with murder. Definitely a show that would never get greenlit in this day and age, and I love it for that. Dangermouse was also top shelf, and I like that Nick didn't think the show's distinct British-ness would turn kids away. 

I loved Danger Mouse!  One of my all-time favorite cartoon shows- I was so thrilled back 15 years ago when I found a .wav file of the theme song on a TV theme site and I played it over and over all night, probally annoyed my neighbor with that one- lol.  When I was real little I loved The Flintstones, Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry- a show that would never get green-lit now...  never missed those and would get upset if they were interrupted. 

As I got older around 6 I got hooked on Dukes of Hazzard, 'CHiPs', Airwolf also was one I never missed, M*A*S*H was a staple in our house- as my mom never missed it and when I was older after 10 I liked DuckTales, Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and TaleSpin.  LOVED those shows...  even have DuckTales on DVD and want the others too. 

My parents would not ever let me and my sisters watch You Can't Do That On Television so I had to sneak that one... lol.   God writing this is making me think of the 1980s... sigh.  I miss that decade...

BabyChris121675

Daktari, Flipper and Gentle Ben.  I also loved Mickey Mouse, Captian Kangroo and Beanie and Cecil.

Daktari (My wife doesn't understand why I call our doctor that)!    Never much cared for Gentle Ben.

C'mon kids lets flip our lids,

Higher than the moon!

Cause now here's Beany and Cecil in (A Whole half hour!)

a Bob Clampett Cartoooooon!

Does anyone remember the big comfy couch?

I loved me some rugrats