LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

People should know that, yet most don't seem to. They try and use religion to describe intelligence, the sun rising and setting, the tides, magnetism, etc. If their religion can't fully explain something yet science can they have a very long history of proving they will do all they can to squash that science. This goes on to this very day, but luckily is getting less and less, as the perseverance of facts and information becomes harder to keep repressed.

You're missing the point, religion doesn't have to explain why or how things happen science is quite able to do this and most believers are happy with this otherwise we would all still be gazing in wonder every time a light is switched on. The fact that it can be explained doesn't mean that it can be recreated and despite such unenlightened comments doesn't mean that all those who believe in God or a Deity is living in ignorance.

• Like 1

Summertime is right. As a scientist, I know how important it is to respect other peoples' thoughts and beliefs (not saying I'm perfect), because guess who controls the funding, a politician. Characters like Richard Dawkins make us all look like douche bags and I think it is the wrong approach, because the only people you are going to convince are the people who already have the same opinion as you. Therefore, people like Richard Dawkins polarize the public rather than bring everyone together for the common good to solve problems, which is what a scientist should do.

• Like 1

Its irrelevant, no one will be swayed by anything anyone else says on opinions like this... But as long as there are extreme religious zealots preaching their believes every which way, I have no problem with ardent atheists doing the same thing.

Whether there is a decline in Christianity there is certainly an increase in the number of Muslms with an annual global increase of 2.2% and by 2930 we will account for 26.4% of the population and is seen as the fastest growing religion. Some writers claim that this is in part due to forced conversions but this is probably just idle speculation on the part of the anti Iskamic establishment, so take care chaps

Whether there is a decline in Christianity there is certainly an increase in the number of Muslms with an annual global increase of 2.2% and by 2930 we will account for 26.4% of the population and is seen as the fastest growing religion. Some writers claim that this is in part due to forced conversions but this is probably just idle speculation on the part of the anti Iskamic establishment, so take care chaps

People should know that that is not the purpose of religion. Religion cannot describe physical reality. Like I said, there is no proof that Jesus existed. What I am trying to tell you is you can think of religion as a story in a book with interesting plots that get you thinking about yourself and how you act. That's what most people do. It is certainly not the best tool for that, but it is popular in culture.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet that when ISIL comes marching through your town you'd be a recent muslim convert too. At least for those that live in the battle areas any ways.

Not a surprising response, the statistics were related to the general population not the extremists and as for being a recent convert I don't think 1996 now counts as a recent convert

And if you look further back, you will see that other sects have controlled that land before then.

And if you look further back, you will see that other sects have controlled that land before then.

I'm not against religion or all religious people, I just hate the radical, overly-cruel and persecution-happy sects that end up getting the most attention devoted to them. I learned almost everything about religion from Flowers in the Attic, and it essentionally built up my foundation for religious indifference and hatred for the sects that make something that is meant to be pure utterly putrid. I'd rather gut myself like a fish than have to touch a radical of any kind, and most things I liked as a child and still enjoy now are tainted by radicals who whine about it, so they can ruin the fun for everyone. I've learned to distance myself from all religious sects in the process of discovering this.

I'd argue against the value of organized religion's use for "building faith" simply because in the "socializing" there is always pressure to conform to that particuiar religions doctrine, and there will be the usual arguments made for them to justify it which can mislead you. I do volunteer work without involvement of organized religion and I could add charity work to that list but my plate is full with what I'm already involved with ;)

Religion isn't becoming irrelevant and the churches aren't conceding it's "ACTIVIST JUDGES" forcing them..

Would you please define that statement.

Judges only rule on questions brought before them. An activist goes out to lobby for changes.

The two words are complete opposites and should not be used together.

It really bugs me that not very many people know what the core role of a judge really is.

The one piece at the core of freedom, and very few could define the task. Many even advocate for removing that protection entirely.

If you can't correctly answer the question, What is the core function a judge must uphold, you deserve to be subjugated.

Think carefully, a judge should never be the target of criticism, someone either proves their case, or they don't.

It's not the judges fault if someone can't come up with enough evidence to prove their case.

Institutionalized discrimination is very much still present.

Religious influences play a very large role in putting those in place, and resisting any efforts to accommodate diversity.

A judge is the only line of defense available to combat state sponsored discrimination.

In an ideal world- yes. Where I live you can buy some judges if you have enough money, and there have always been judges who hand down illegal rulings, knowing that the poor slob who gets hurt can't scrounge up enough money to appeal their ruling <_<

This is NOT an ideal world and people do not always do as they should- including judges, religious leaders, and everyone else.

Bettypooh

Thankfully, I live in a place where judicial corruption isn't an issue.

No elected judges here. The only path available to get to the judiciary, is law school, obtain and maintain good standing with the bar, many years of successful law practice, then finally could be named to the bench.

The system here isn't perfect for the poor, but legal aid is accessible and lack of finances won't deny an appeal.

The ideal world is a goal to work towards, not an impossible dream.

If you don't believe it's possible, it will never happen.

I refuse to conceed the future to defeat. We may one day reject the people who will tell you anything you want to hear in favor of competent, truthful management.

Someone with such a cynical view of the system and future should probably think about moving to a better country.

• 4 months later...

i do technically have a religion but its more theoretical, i feel that there is a greater being but not any single onipotent being, more of a collective of beings that command fine control over multiple planes of exsitance through the dimensions (E.G.3rd, 4th, 5th dimensions) which is seperated by frequency....

hmm this is covoluted, to simplify agnostic with metaphysical underpinnings

Hey, I believe in God, I understand Christianity better then most people do. I'm Psychic and Clairvoyant, I was raised to be a Jehovah's Witness, I wrote Rap God, Pills and Potions, Tyga Style, uptown funk, I want you to know..

Edited by fetacular
Incomplete

Hey, I believe in God, I understand Christianity better then most people do. I'm Psychic and Clairvoyant, I was raised to be a Jehovah's Witness, I wrote Rap God, Pills and Potions, Tyga Style, uptown funk, I want you to know..