LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

You and I might desire to hold someone to a rational standard, but they themselves are under no obligation to. In fact, the only standard they probably consider valid is the one given by their church.

There are not many people out there that could accept a direct challenge on their religious views, myself included. It is viewed as a personal attack rather than processed logically. For example, people used to try to tell me about mormonism all the time. They'd make offhand remarks, or even try to actively convince me of my error. They only succeeded in making me defensive and made me want to prove them wrong. I never considered that they might have truth to their arguments. I was only able to realize the truth myself and via non-biased information sources, prompted by no one but myself.

I've wondered whether there was something I could have said to my past self to convince myself I was in error. I have come to the conclusion that the answer is no. I would have viewed my future self as a fallen apostate and not taken him seriously. More than that I would have held contempt for him.

I guess my belief is there is an Ultimate Supreme Being but don't really have a clue what Religion is the correct one to follow. I guess that is why I just choose to stay away from religions and just make my own beliefs.

• 2 months later...

I'm an agnostic. It's my own personal belief that no mortal person can truely, definitively know the existence of "God", whatever "God" may or may not be. I believe in the possibility of something out there, something that creates life but that's as far as I go. I don't believe in organized religion but I do respect other people's religious views and I'm glad religion can give some people hope and comfort.

The problem with most religions is that everyone believes their "god" is the true "god" and destroy everyone else. When Christianity began in early Rome, it was a religion of one god that loved anyone no matter what. I don't know what happened over the years, it has changed. While I am of the Wicca religion, I find that studying other religions and talking with others about it usually leads to a heated discussion. People are so insistent on defending their religion that they can even resort to untruths or outright lies. I tend to try to stay away from talks of religion because I usually piss people off. Perhaps it is the way I speak or the way my views are. I have had several people try to get me to church or worry about my "soul" I respect other religions, just don't try to get me to change mine.

Early Rome saw the "One" God as a threat to their household Gods which resulted in the persecution of the early Christians, it only took a few hundred years for the Crusades and the mass slaughter of Jews and Muslims to regain the Holy City of Jerusalem for the Catholic Church and to gain forgiveness for the Crusaders' earthly sins. Sadly little has changed since then with extremists primarily from the three Abrahamic faiths trying to promote their particular version of God and killing anyone who fails to accept this. We also see the various powers such as America and the UK politicising their intent to demonise Islam, I'm sure another non Christian belief will soon take its place under the guise of "The war on terror" with the principal aim of promoting Christianity as well as secularism; they seem strange 'bed fellows" but both appear to need the support of each other in the short term. Despite being a convert to "the Darkside" Islam and like many others I fail to see the issue with other religions and belief systems mainly because they all seem to have the same underpinning tenents of being good to one another, an Amish group I used to belong to failed to accept my argument and I was "shunned" lol

Although many see religion as archaic and an anachronism in the 21st century one only has to look at many of our laws which have their origins in religion to see that it still impacts on our daily lives. Personally I subscribe to Pascal's Wager, if one believes in God and there is an Aftelife then the rewards are immeasurable if there isn't then we won't know and nothing will be lost.

You know your "religion" is wrong when it tells you that you must believe something even when you can prove it to be wrong using their own beliefs, texts, etc. and they cannot disprove you :ph34r: Either you're smarter than them which says a lot about that "religion" or they will not admit their erroors and thus cannot become better than they are now, which is usually not very good at all :bash:

The point about religion is that it's a faith, you can't touch it, feel it or see it but it touches many millions, millions draw strength from it in their darkest hours and equally millions see the wonders and disasters of God's creations every day. I agee that it isn't tangible BUT science has yet to disprove the existence of God but neither can we prove that He / She does exist.

As House said "talk to God and you're religious but if God talks to you you're psychotic"

It's interesting that even in this "advanced" age there are more and more people turning to and back to religion, here in the UK there has been an increase in the number of women joining convents and world wide, despite the negative press we are growing in numbers

So the Jews were seeking Him at the feast and were saying, "Where is He?" Nope!

Nah, it was just something I read on the wall of the John in the 7-11.

The point about religion is that it's a faith, you can't touch it, feel it or see it but it touches many millions, millions draw strength from it in their darkest hours and equally millions see the wonders and disasters of God's creations every day. I agee that it isn't tangible BUT science has yet to disprove the existence of God but neither can we prove that He / She does exist.

As House said "talk to God and you're religious but if God talks to you you're psychotic"

It's interesting that even in this "advanced" age there are more and more people turning to and back to religion, here in the UK there has been an increase in the number of women joining convents and world wide, despite the negative press we are growing in numbers

All religions and all the sects thereof have corrupted themselves in an attempt to justify themselves and their beliefs in preference to doing the very hard work of changing themselves to become more right and more truly righteous <_< A truth can stand alone- it needs no justification because it is clear and obvious to those who will seek it and see it. The moral things like being good to all other people, not taking what is not yours, and not causing others needless harm do not need a religious basis, and indeed we often see those claiming religion doing the exact opposite of those good things :bash: IMHO, religion has caused more harm than good in this world. If you need a religion to 'keep you straight' then you still have the problem inside of you happening that you had before becoming religious, only now you have given yourself an excuse for being that way :o

I feel like religion invalidates itself when it changes with the times... You follow the words of a book absolutely, until it becomes more advantageous not to do so, then you interpret the words differently or you just ignore the point. I'm pretty sure that goes for most religions.

• Like 1

I believe there is a God. I believe miracles occur. But I also see God far differently than most do because I do not let anyone lead me to conclusions about this- I can see for myself, read for myself, and think rationally for myself. Only those who are led can be misled; I choose not to be led, and thus I need no religion to tell me anything or to use as a support for anything I believe ;)

If you need a religion to 'keep you straight' then you still have the problem inside of you happening that you had before becoming religious, only now you have given yourself an excuse for being that way

Only the reactive type of person would excuse themselves in such ways. Religion should teach you that you are response able and that you have the ability to choose your own consequences, though sometimes they don't, but that is my point. If I was into religion, I would preach "God opens the door, but you must walk through it" or something like that. I believe some of the stories in the bible are about this very idea, which should be the meaning they are really trying to convey and teach. If religion didn't exist people would just use another stupid excuse, so I hardly think the thing you mention is religion's fault.

Only the reactive type of person would excuse themselves in such ways. Religion should teach you that you are response able and that you have the ability to choose your own consequences, though sometimes they don't, but that is my point. If I was into religion, I would preach "God opens the door, but you must walk through it" or something like that. I believe some of the stories in the bible are about this very idea, which should be the meaning they are really trying to convey and teach. If religion didn't exist people would just use another stupid excuse, so I hardly think the thing you mention is religion's fault.

And what of the scrolls found in recent times which have clearly been shown to be meant as part of those religious texts? What of the Bible's removed books? What of those things which we now know are inherently wrong that were based only on popiiar beliefs when they were written and adoppted? Instead of seeking and accepting the truth, organized religions make vast efforts to not change, to not admit errors, and above all to not alienate ther followers who empower them to exist in the first place. It's all politics under a different name and the only way through it is to not foillow anyone. Read, learn, and understand on your own and you too will come to see no need for organized religions un your own life B) Once you know by learning on your own your beliefs will be stronger and more certain, and you will become better from having made the effort and the choice. And you, like me, will never become misled B)

I'm finding it quite fascinating that the truly religious are not responding here. Is it possible they are actually beginning to realize you simply CANNOT justify or even remotely begin to explain any one particular religion? Keep in mind here I am not talking about God itself (him/her) here, I mean any one religion in it's "organization". Have we reached a point where it makes more sense to be non-religious/other than it does to follow a particular religion? What a day for logic to finally come to a realization!

Maybe they just want to avoid the inevitable shit storm that comes their way if they tried to defend their beliefs, like anywhere else on the internet.

• Like 1

The Injil, the original gospel, the Psalms and Torah are accepted by Islam as a true revelation by God the reason the modern version aren't is because they have been changed and modified to suit modern attitudes which, as anyone with any knowledge knows is why the Qur'an is only read in Arabic, the various translations are only "the meaning of" because the original meaning is easily lost or changed with translation.

As for the "truly religious" not responding, whose to say who fits that definition certainly not anyone who doesn't know the individual personally.

And what of the scrolls found in recent times which have clearly been shown to be meant as part of those religious texts? What of the Bible's removed books? What of those things which we now know are inherently wrong that were based only on popiiar beliefs when they were written and adoppted? Instead of seeking and accepting the truth, organized religions make vast efforts to not change, to not admit errors, and above all to not alienate ther followers who empower them to exist in the first place. It's all politics under a different name and the only way through it is to not foillow anyone. Read, learn, and understand on your own and you too will come to see no need for organized religions un your own life B) Once you know by learning on your own your beliefs will be stronger and more certain, and you will become better from having made the effort and the choice. And you, like me, will never become misled B)

Bettypooh

People should know that that is not the purpose of religion. Religion cannot describe physical reality. Like I said, there is no proof that Jesus existed. What I am trying to tell you is you can think of religion as a story in a book with interesting plots that get you thinking about yourself and how you act. That's what most people do. It is certainly not the best tool for that, but it is popular in culture.
  • Like 1

People should know that is not the purpose of religion. Religion cannot describe physical reality. Like I said, there is no proof that Jesus existed. What I am trying to tell you is you can think of religion as a story in a book with interesting plots that get you thinking about yourself and how you act. That's what most people do. It is certainly not the best tool for that, but it is popular in culture.

People should know that, yet most don't seem to. They try and use religion to describe intelligence, the sun rising and setting, the tides, magnetism, etc. If their religion can't fully explain something yet science can they have a very long history of proving they will do all they can to squash that science. This goes on to this very day, but luckily is getting less and less, as the perseverance of facts and information becomes harder to keep repressed.