LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Planning on Starting to Wear 24/7

Tmac136

Hey everyone, like the title says, I'm planning on starting to wear diapers 24/7. What sort of supplies should I get? I've already got a good supply of baby powder and about 60-something Abena M4's and M2's coming in the mail later this week. Should I invest in some plastic pants? A onesie?

i agree, diapers are going to be your main investment, so i'd go with double what you have plus some boosters. some people think wearing plastic pants or a onsie is good and some not, you'll just have to find out on your own.

also don't forget the wipes, i'd say at least 4 per diaper change if you use baby wipes, so make sure you have lots of those! and baggies for disposal, just use shopping bags as you can buy those cheaply from a dollar store, or so i hear.

also if you don't live alone you'll need someway to keep your diapers hidden until garbage day, so possibly buy another kitchen garbage can and some more bags and use that.

I'd add a word of caution, Tmac. I don't know what you know about the ABDL community / lifestyle, but there is a thing called the "binge/purge cycle" in which someone feels the need to wear all diapers all the time , or binge, followed by a purge cycle in which guilt and shame cause the wearer to just throw all of their ABDL stuff away.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, like the title says, I'm planning on starting to wear diapers 24/7. What sort of supplies should I get? I've already got a good supply of baby powder and about 60-something Abena M4's and M2's coming in the mail later this week. Should I invest in some plastic pants? A onesie?

I'd add a word of caution, Tmac. I don't know what you know about the ABDL community / lifestyle, but there is a thing called the "binge/purge cycle" in which someone feels the need to wear all diapers all the time , or binge, followed by a purge cycle in which guilt and shame cause the wearer to just throw all of their ABDL stuff away.

That is often the case, but thought that some words of caution were still necessary! Glad that you've put some thought into this beforehand! Some people just jump right on in!

Eeyup. Not that good of an idea if it's your first time haha. Also, I'm planning on trying to wet in my sleep. I have almost a full month once exams are done, so I'm hoping to be able do that at least once.

Ditto on the being well-stocked idea. And plan for away-from-home needs too. I'm almost always pretty close to my car so it's got a stash which gets used enough to prove it's worth ;) And I have several methods to handle other planned situations like overnight visits, camping out, whatever. When you have a need like this, you must always be ready for things like damaged or faulty diapers, unplanned diversions, and delays. You'll learn to think ahead far enough to make a decision on waiting or changing early based on the possibilities and probabilities and you'll get better at that in time :thumbsup: Even with that, being able to change at any time must always be your first thought now.

Once you have the basic down, that is stash of diapers etc. when to change, going to friends, travelling etc. then you can enjoy being free and just enjoy your able to wet yourself everywhere and anytime you need.

you will get accustomed to be in a wet diaper 24/7 or close to. In the beginning your skin may suffer a bit, but it will get used to constant being exposed to urine.

• Like 1

Well said Inconito :thumbsup: It's a different approach to daily living but it's a good one if it's what you really want. Once you try it got a few months you will know for certain how you feel about it. Your feelings about wearing may change but if it's really for you then it will always be good even if it becomes different :)

Well said. I'm on my 5th month of 24/7. At first it was quite a challenge and took some getting used to. I think there's lots of of trial and error, as well as finding just the right brands to wear that work for you. You very much get what you pay for in alot of cases with diapers. Some of the cheaper brands don't hold up well to any kind of active lifestyle and given the sheer volume that you need, it's tempting to considering buying cheap in bulk. I learned the hard way that it's not very practical and you end up investing more. I myself do own several pairs of plastic pants. Peace of mind against leaks is worth it. Never tried a onsie, though if you get a well-fitting one it might help prevent diaper sag in theory. Good luck to you, and I hope you have lots of fun! For me, it's generaly made me quite a bit happier with life in general. Makes even mundane things more interesting.

Might I also suggest some less absorbent diapers that are cheap. There'll be times where you need a change but know you won't be in that diaper long enough to get your money's worth out of it. Not worth dribbling into a diaper like the m4 at about $1.50 each when you can get a cheap cloth backed diaper or pull up for half that to just get you by for an hour or two.

I also wear the Gary Active Wear PUL cover most of the day. Cuts down on noise and won't leak. Best one I've bought out of the probably 50 plus pairs of plastic pants I've had. The abena M4s, Tranquility booster(if needed), Gary PUL, generic baby powder and I'm set!

Factor about $5 a day minimum for everything. Yup, it's about $2,000 a year to go 24/7.

Best price factor:

Abena M4 $55 per case of 42

$1.31/diaper. Minimum 3/day. $3.93

$1435/year in Abena's alone using 3/day. Will at times use more.

Cheap diapers like Attends.

$100/year

Plastic Pants. Gary Active Wear. Few pairs a year at most.

$100/year

Tranquility 21oz booster $55 per case of 200

2 cases per year

$110/year

Powder. Rash cream(not often used)

$25/year

• Like 1

Might I also suggest some less absorbent diapers that are cheap. There'll be times where you need a change but know you won't be in that diaper long enough to get your money's worth out of it. Not worth dribbling into a diaper like the m4 at about $1.50 each when you can get a cheap cloth backed diaper or pull up for half that to just get you by for an hour or two.

I know exactly what you mean! There were a few times where I was faced with exactly this situation! So in an effort to NOT do that, I went and bought 6 bags of tranquility ATN's and 3 bags of tranquility slimlines. I've used both before and like them, and I know I can depend on them for everyday usage. Once I get them, I'm planning to start wearing 24/7 for a week, just to see how things go. I'm gonna take all of my regular underwear, throw them in a bag, and then padlock that bag shut. I'm not sure where I can put the key though, and I don't want to be tempted to just pull out some regular underwear in the middle of this trial lol.

I can't stress hygiene enough. My diapered life involves wetting only so if you will be messing too, plan on soaking in the tub when you get home every day so you can keep diaper rash at bay. Use a good barrier ointment like A & D or Desitin with every messy diaper change and you might want to take Chloryphil tablets to help reduce the odor of messy diapers, In addition make sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Someone mentioned the binge purge cycle. To help prevent this from happening, discard all of your adult undies. it will put you in that "no choice" position.

Would something like petroleum jelly work as well?

Well said. I'm on my 5th month of 24/7. At first it was quite a challenge and took some getting used to. I think there's lots of of trial and error, as well as finding just the right brands to wear that work for you. You very much get what you pay for in alot of cases with diapers. Some of the cheaper brands don't hold up well to any kind of active lifestyle and given the sheer volume that you need, it's tempting to considering buying cheap in bulk. I learned the hard way that it's not very practical and you end up investing more. I myself do own several pairs of plastic pants. Peace of mind against leaks is worth it. Never tried a onsie, though if you get a well-fitting one it might help prevent diaper sag in theory. Good luck to you, and I hope you have lots of fun! For me, it's generaly made me quite a bit happier with life in general. Makes even mundane things more interesting.

Yeah, I sure know it makes mundane things more interesting! I wore to work last week (I'm a stocker) and it sure was a rush! I had to make sure my diaper didn't show every time when I bent over to pick something up! ^^ I have an 8 hour shift tomorrow though, so I may have to bring a change. The trash can they have for the bathroom is tiny though, so I'm thinking about bringing a plastic bag like one from walmart to tie the wet diaper in.

I also agree with keeping a stash of diapers in your car. I'm almost never very far from my car either (especially with me being somewhat disabled).

That is a pretty good point! I could probably throw a few diapers and some baby powder in a small bag (the one where you can pull the strings apart to close the top) Also, would you recommend powdering the diapers beforehand?

That is a pretty good point! I could probably throw a few diapers and some baby powder in a small bag (the one where you can pull the strings apart to close the top) Also, would you recommend powdering the diapers beforehand?

Personally I don't need to use any powder for changes away from home. I only carry just the diaper and don't worry about needing anything extra unless I already have a rash.

• 2 months later...

My job doesn't allow for me to wear 24/7. The sound of plastic backed diapers swishing around while I'm walking wouldn't work too well, and I'm around people the entire day. I did take a gamble and wear one last night to a part time job. It was only for 2 hours but being on the job in diapers was a rush. I didn't wet while I was there though, I couldn't either because of nerves or the fear that someone would notice the bulge of the swollen diaper (XP media's A+ 4s swell about 3 times their original thickness when wet)

My job doesn't allow for me to wear 24/7. The sound of plastic backed diapers swishing around while I'm walking wouldn't work too well, and I'm around people the entire day. I did take a gamble and wear one last night to a part time job. It was only for 2 hours but being on the job in diapers was a rush. I didn't wet while I was there though, I couldn't either because of nerves or the fear that someone would notice the bulge of the swollen diaper (XP media's A+ 4s swell about 3 times their original thickness when wet)

If you're worried about noise most of that is just in your head. You can hear it because they are on you. It's not as loud as you may think. Still, you cut almost all of the noise by wearing some pul pants. The have a nylon outer cover and are very quiet. Plus they will contain any potential leaks which is a bonus for their concealment.

If your worried about the bulk of a diaper just wear loose or baggy pants. It's extremely difficult to tell if you're diapers this way (unless again you're tuned into it). Fortunately most people aren't in the habit of start g at your crotch, if they are then you have other more pressing concerns.

I've worn the thickest diapers I can at my office (currently Dry24/7) with quieter plastic pants (or now pul which seems even better) for 11 years and nobody the wiser to them yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I wear a uniform and there's about a 10% chance that I'll be involved in a fight every day. Plus the guys I work with like to play a game called "radar" where they try to catch you off guard and swat you in the nuts. There's also the Irish handshake which you can probably use your imagination to figure out