LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

For most of my life and before, one of a little girl's pride and joys was a bride doll. Her fabulous dress and headpiece spoke volumes

I have a bride doll who would be the envy of ever RLG that I knew in my life. She is 32" and her name is Cassandra Lynette Estelle Christine. I got her from ebay. Her major point of interest was a tiara that she had but I was looking for a bride doll anyway and her white gown gave her a start in that direction. I put in a bid and did not think I would win since I expected the collector fanatics to run the price up in a bidding war but I was wrong. I did have to do a bit of work. Her dark blonde hair was a rat's nest and had to go and was replaced by long light blonde hair and she needed a veil and more appropriately sized tiara. I also made a lace full-length cape for her with a jewelled pin for a clasp: Voila! Her veil is separable from the tiara so she can go without it. The first tiara I gave her broke and I gave her another one: NO Paradise girl goes about without a tiara. Alsoshe came with panty hose that were too lagre and helid in place with pins, I got rid of those. Her panties are actaully a pull-on diaper or training panty so I put a pair of rhumba panties over them since they had some lace ruffle trim

A doll is a bit more than a simple decoration

When I was a newly minted 5 year old, my sister came to live with us for awhile. Shortly after she arrived, I noticed something. It was person-shaped. Now, I had seen toy soldiers and other 2 to 4 in figures as part of things like construction sets and the like, but this was much bigger by several times. I got a close look and picked it up and held it. It had hair that felt like real hair and it wore clothes that could have been real; a brown plaid dress with a white rounded collar that was edged in lace. The hair was blackish brown and the rest of the coloration was like that of a person. Unlike other figures, the face was full-featured and fully three dimensional. Th eyes were glass and sparkled and the lips were pink and sort of pursed

I was a bit flummoxed. It had characteristics of both a toy and a person and I could not make up my mind as to which. The fact that it had some expression (I did not know that word then) made it seem alive in some ways. I ended up deciding in favor of some kind of person. I was told she was a "doll". Well I got so much more play out of her than my sister, who was in her late 3's that my aunt used to refer to it as my doll

I have since concluded that a doll is a homuncula or anthropomorph, having enough "person" characteristics to trigger some psycholigical activity along the lines of projection. You might want to look into TALES OF HOFFMAN (Contes d'Hoffman) from which came THE NUTCRACKER by way of "The Mouse King"

There is a certain beauty to austerity; and I do not mean cheapness or aceticism with it's implied self-denial. I mean, uncomplicated and uncluttered. My non-LG side is art decco "retro future" istic

So your doll does have a purpose beyond just looking pretty. It has a special meaning to you which I can at least understand.

For me, my normal logic is keep it simple stupid (kiss). Of course we are still emotional animals by nature so many people have difficulty in seeing the logic in logic it's self.

This is in the branch of philosophy called Esthetics and goes back to Aristotle. Everybody is logical in that their choices in what is attractive is found in their identity. The problem with figuring it out is that it is buried in the emotuions and you need to figure how they fit into the person's identity. It also gets mooshed in with what you are or were doing and how it made you feel when you acquired the particular taste

Wherever I have gone that has any feminine culture to speak of, I bring the tiara fancy and it catches on. like TGGuide, Girltalk to and Wetville

So your doll does have a purpose beyond just looking pretty. It has a special meaning to you which I can at least understand.

Upon reflection, I do not know if you would properly say that she "serves a purpose". I was told by a girl friend that I "anthropomorphisize" dolls. I said. "Have you looked at one up close? It seems that we are 'hard-wired", in the area above the eyes, to respond in special ways to a human visage. Is that not what they are for? We give them person names, dress them: When you were little, did you not talk to them [she mostly talked about her Chatty Cathy and Suzie Smart dolls. Prior to the talking dolls, we had to do it all ourselves]". My point here is that part of the process is that they have their own imputed lives. All I can say is that there is a relationship that in some ways is between equals. To give something it's own individual name is to imbue it with personal qualities that point to an independent, almost sentient, existence. This is magnified since a doll is usually a girl and is therefore alike to the little girl whose doll she is (which is why "Gay Bob" never really went anywhere plus the explicit sexual implications). Also "Dolly" implies more than just doll, Ever since I could make the distinction, "dolly" meant a doll who was played with and loved. I alsways felt bad for the "collectiable" dolls that were not played with or could not be played with: They "served a purpose". I guess you could say that, for girls, dolls become the physcial embodiment and repository for rhe "imaginary friend" which, in the adult becomes "talking to yourself [which I do quite a bit: I like to converse with an intelligent person and I like to hear an intelligent person talk:]". In all such cases there is an implied level of independent existence as some kind of equal in the "target", as I said earlier, along the lines of projection/transference (used in a wider sense than a simple "defense mechanism" as Freude identied it. Freude was dealing in abnormal situations to start with. I am not)