LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

ABDLism =/= LGBT

Elfy

The hippoctatic oath more closely follows "do good, or failing that at least do no harm". My urologist is attempting to make me incontinent via a sphincterotomy. True it is technically harming my body, but first and foremost it is doing me more good.

Back on topic. Let me reiterate that I do NOT believe ABDL and LGBT are the same. They are two completely different things, with their own sets of problems. LGBT does have have it harder with social acceptance, however; I am trying to point out that there ARE some similarities between them.

Something I really don't like about myself is how inarticulate I can be, and how I struggle to put my ideas across, something you clearly have no problem with since that was such a well put together post! Of which I agree with most if not all of it... I particularly agree with the part I bolded but the whole post was very good :)

If being ABDL were ever regarded as a medical condition affecting one's identity that has the option for surgery to become incontinent as part of its spectrum of care, then so be it.

• Like 1

Yes, I imagine if ABDLism was treated the same way as transgender then the goal would be to become as close to a baby as possible right? So maybe surgically damaging vocal chords so the person cannot speak, removing all their teeth, severing nerves to hinder walking and bodily control, heck, why not even a procedure like a lobotomy to stop them thinking as an adult since the idea of transitioning is that you become the role you are transitioning too as fully as possible. Maybe now it's starting to seem ridiculous?

Yes, I imagine if ABDLism was treated the same way as transgender then the goal would be to become as close to a baby as possible right? So maybe surgically damaging vocal chords so the person cannot speak, removing all their teeth, severing nerves to hinder walking and bodily control, heck, why not even a procedure like a lobotomy to stop them thinking as an adult since the idea of transitioning is that you become the role you are transitioning too as fully as possible. Maybe now it's starting to seem ridiculous?

You try and use this as and extreme example, yet having your sexual organs severely damage beyond any real future, practical use, even mangled by some considerations, is already an extreme example according to a number of conservative and religious people out there. YET, there are plenty of people who still undergo the sexual reassignment surgery on a daily basis. Why, because 20 years ago being transgender was something you kept to your self and nobody outside your own bedroom should know about it? Not by today's standards, which has to make you wonder what if you're wrong about tomorrow's standards and were just ahead of the curve here. You should also take note that not every transgender undergoes the surgery though, there are varying degrees which are acceptable to people with any kind of identity disorder.

Baby Brian, you completely and utterly misunderstand the process of transition up to and including sex-reassignment surgery, as well as what is involved in the series of surgeries that make up that process, the results of SRS, and life after SRS.

Guest YoungZeppelin

Baby Brian, you completely and utterly misunderstand the process of transition up to and including sex-reassignment surgery, as well as what is involved in the series of surgeries that make up that process, the results of SRS, and life after SRS. Your surgical history does not equate or adequately compare to any form of SRS in their methods or results. You have also either misunderstood or chose to ignore most of what I've been trying to say here because you are still focusing on the surgical part of transitioning without paying any attention to the process leading up to that point and everything that legally changing one's gender identity entails. At this point, I'm just going to assume you're trolling.

I think he was just trying to state the change in acceptance over the years.

Being transgender is a extremely complex and differs person to person. It is something that sits in ones mind like a compulsion that never goes away, it is not a complustion but a persoal reflection on ones self. I know u mean well Brian, but I think this thread has gone too far. There is no progress, just everyone bickering.

I couldn't agree more YoungZeppelin. I've made my point well enough for a few people to have understood it. If a couple others wish to keep to their narrow views and argue how their minority opinion alone is right, then that is their choice of view. There is no point in arguing with a brick wall though, so I'm just going to leave it as is.

I've discovered that when a group of people are wrong you will find them seeking and pointing out justification to support their point of view- they need that 'proof' because deep down inside they know they are wrong but they just can't handle that :o We're all wrong sometimes- it goes with being human- so it is a sign of a lesser mentality to simply reject that premise and seek out justification instead :( I really don't see much of an argument going on here and I don't give a hoot what's going on elsewhere if I'm not there :whistling: Sure, there's differing opinions here but most of us see the other's side and don't have a big problem with it- we just see some things differently, that's all. If Fetlifer's want to feed on the leftovers from here let them- I never saw much there that I cared for anyway :P

As I always say, you will get what you ask for but it might not be what you wanted :o Pride Events were originally intended to simply show the world that LGB people look, act, and live just the same as everyone else except in the privacy of the bedroom. They have become far different now, though there are still large numbers of LGBT's in them who fit the original concept- in fact I'd venture a guess that this covers half of us B) But we're not the most visible- those who push society's boundries of acceptance are the ones who get noticed. This also goes along with life in general on all the other days of the year.

A loud minority can ruin an image. I do not imply that sexuality is a choice, but i push that it is a choice to show it. In the same way i do not want People people preaching their religion at my bus stop, i do not want people making out there ether. if any sexuality should be kept in the bedroom, then all of it Should. While my pain med seem to have made me a little incoherent last night, The Purpose of my post was to express that they are not dis similar struggles. ABDL is as much a part of me as my sexual orientation, and i would like to remove the stigma of diapers and age play so i can be free to be me. LGBT want to be accepted for who they are. Same fight. they have the added struggle of not being legal, but that change would come sooner and easier if some of them got into politics and did it right instead of just shouting "Look at us we are gay!" But LGBT people have to have it separated, they have to be labeled and you HAVE to know that they struggle.

So, you believe that we should just leave it up to the select few of our oppressed community who manage to successfully wage a political campaign costing millions of dollars to get elected into office and then let those select few LGBT members of state and federal legislature convince the majority of their peers to pass laws granting us rights despite their overwhelming history of voting against equal rights for us.