LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Molicare Brand

I was a big fan of the old Molicare Supers that were all plastic, even on the sides, and was sad to see them go. But I recently ordered a bag of the Molicare Comfort Supers, and I think they are great. They're basically a cross between traditional-style diaper and Tena's flex (or maybe Tena Flex and Prevail Fits-to-a-T). They're cloth-backed and white with purple Molicare markings and small blue rectangles down the center of the diaper as a wetness indicator.

They're very trim and fit well under clothes. In fact, I can't imagine a diaper being more discrete (although I'm still a little too paranoid to wear in situations where I might see someone I know). The best thing about these diapers is, as others have mentioned, the amount of SAP. These things will swell and swell. But I find it best not to flood them repeatedly, at least after an initial flood. Rather, wetting frequenlty will help you to get the most absorbency out of them. They're my new favorite.

• 1 month later...

The two Molicares I've tried are Super Plus and Air Active (both size small).

I find the tapes on the Super Plus are good and they have good fit, are full plastic, and are a quiet crinkle. They last 2-3 hours without a stuffer for me.

The Air Actives are thinner but seem to hold just as much, the fit is terrible though and they seem to come loose at the waist no matter how tight I try and make them. On top of that, every single Air Active I've worn has ripped the tapes due to an elastic component to them that just wears down really fast. If I sleep in one, I wake up to an entire side of ripped tapes. I advise against buying these.

Man, this last bag of Molicares I got must have been defective or something. Each new one gets worse and worse. They don't leak but have all sorts of manufacturing errors like the absorbent matt extending all the way to the edge of the plastic, the standing leak guards being totally off center, or the elastic just straight up not being attached to the leak guards. So weird. I have never had any issues before, must have just gotten a bad batch.

• 2 months later...

Finally bought some more Pluses and they're A-OK. Must have just gotten a bad batch. It was weird. They where just wrong all over. Padding off center or missing, leak guards in the wrong places and/or falling apart, and poor cutting on the backing leaving random extra bits of plastic.

This new bag are all more or less perfect. Quiet a large difference actually.

I also keep meaning to place an order for some samples at XP as I want to try the new Protection Plus Pullups and the new Molicare Supers. I have recently come to appreciate thinner diapers more. Really thick diapers increasingly are just uncomfortable and not a fun experience. I do still like them on occasion but generally Molicare's Super Plus' are about the thickest I can comfortably go, which is still pretty thick.

Part of my problem is that XP ships FedEx which given my FedEx guy means even if there's no signature required he just straight up won't leave the package unless someone is home. I have tried leaving a note on the door with the tracking info an a signature to no avail. I'm hoping if I have XP tell FedEx to leave it at the door they will, but who knows.

Do you live in an apartment or duplex or some other dwelling with several families with one common entrance? Fedex ground/home delivery cannot deliver to these places without a signature or driver release form filled out... and its at the drivers discression... if they have a claim for improper driver releases they can lose his/her job or the contractor lose his contract for improper delivery ..... the rules/regulations put on fedex ground drivers/contractors is rediculous!

It's worth looking into regardless ;) At least you'll know where the problem is if you look into it. With that knowledge, maybe you can find a workable solution :thumbsup: Sadly I have lost my 'discreet shipping' address and I live where it's not an alternative to have anything shipped here without my being here to get it when it's delivered- in this neighborhood only an idiot leaves anything which might be of any value exposed and unsecured :( And I now find that I want to order some diapers online again so I'm going to have to figure out a workable solution that I can afford here too :rolleyes: Oh well, none of life's problems are insurmountable except taxes and death so I'm sure something will solve our dilemmas :)

Bettypooh

Betty: that sucks.

blue: Yeah I went from living in a house to an apartment so that may very well be it. Good to know. UPS guys apparently have a lot more discretion. So if I have a retailer tell FedEx to leave the package at the door they still probably won't?

You can call 1800 Gofedex .... give them the tracking number and customer service will relay the message to deliver it or driver release it anywhere you want. Most of the time, depending on the apartment complex... there is a "main" office for the complex.... they can deliver to those... apartment complex offices and what not. Yes UPS can do or does a lot of stuff fedex won't do. It's part of their costomer service stuff.... trust me the driver doesn't like bringing back a package... they just have to see it the next day.

Yeah I thought the first time this happened they'd just leave the package at the leasing office and went down to collect my package only to find they hadn't. They seem to not want to do that either. I order a lot of stuff online, not just diapers but pretty much everything but food. Fortunately most people seem to use UPS or USPS so it's generally not an issue.

• 3 months later...

This hasn't been updated in a while, so figured I'd post a quickie.

Some of the more popular diapers seem to be changing... in the mean time Molicare Super Plus is still plastic backed, still thick, and still pleasantly purple. Ordered a case for my wife the other day b/c she is tired of the back and forth with quality issues from Abena and Dry.

So, if you want an "old standby" that hasn't been altered... go for Molicare Super Plus.

I completely agree with Darkfinn. I have not had quality issues with Abena before, but I wear by choice, and rarely 24/7, so perhaps that has something to do with me not noticing that aspect of it.

Anyhow, I am here to discuss Molicare. Specifically the Super Plus model. Back around 2003-2004, I tried Molicare Super Plus diapers for the first time. Found them at a speciality diaper store in my area after hearing about them on the Internet. The woman who helped me was surprised I wanted Molicare diapers because they were just starting to discontinue carrying them, and didn't seem to have the feedback of 'Best Absorbency' the Internet was claiming. I bought the two bags they had left.

I found out two things with the Molicares then; One, the tapes were horrendous. Second, because of the poor tapes, I never got a great fit, and got a lot of leaks. I think in the end I even threw some out because they were just no fun to use. I was also disappointed because I just adored the light purple colour.

Within the last year I've only been wearing Abena M4's. Casually. I love the fit and feel, which only seems to get better as I wet. What I don't like is what happened the next time I bought a bag of them. The price jumped up. DRAMATICALLY. I am talking about a 40-45% increase in price. So a bag of M4's were once $20.95, they were now $29.95. I bought them any ways because they are my favourite brand, and I don't wear 24/7, so the price has less of an impact for me. But every time I would go buy more Abena's, I would see the Molicare Super Plus bag right next to the M4's, for $15.95. Everytime I would resist buying some them due to my first experience with them.

The last time I went in the store, the woman who initially helped me out in 2003 asked if I needed help, etc.. She brought up the price of Abena's, and how they were really disappointed the price shot up so high, so quickly. She offered the Molicares Super Plus as an alternative. I mentioned my tape issues from back when, and she said that Molicare diapers had changed a lot recently, and that it's a much better product now.

So I picked up a bag of Super Plus', as well as a bag of M4's.

Long story, short; The Molicare tapes are great, and I find the plastic backing of the diaper forms quite nicely to my body. I am currently wearing a Molicare Super Plus under my jeans at work. I would have never done that with an M4. Too thick to not be noticed, not to mention the crinkle noise.

So after a weekend of testing and comparing, I am a definite Molicare fan now. I went back to the store and bought a case of 56 for the same two bags of M4's would have cost me.

So now I have two great diapers two choose from, depending on where I am going and what I am doing. Really happy I chatted with the woman at the diaper store.

Has Molicare fixed the problems with the Supers yet? There was a design change in the last year where the plastic started breaking away from the sides in the back. I would wake up in the morning with stuffing on my bed and a gap in the diaper. I would've complained to Molicare, but their website makes that practically impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Molicare Super Plus for years. The padding is very thick and the diaper is very absorbent. Ive never had an issue with the tapes - the have always held up really well. The problem is that the product hasnt changed at all in years. Other brands have been through a lot of changes and they have now overtaken Molicare Super Plus. It seems that all of the innovations they have introduced never seem to make it to the Super Plus. I think that the product could do with an elistic waist. I also find sometimes that I put the product on too tightly and it does cause irritation to the legs.

• 1 month later...

Just got a couple of bags of the Super air actives. The tapes are awful. I'm going to need a roll of duct tape to keep them on. The elasticy bit in the tapes just keeps breaking. I broke two just putting one on yesterday. Really disappointed, not how I remember Molicares at all.