LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Old Were You As A bedwetter When You Started Diapering Yourself For Bed?

rusty pins

I wore diapers fulltime until I was 5 and continued wearing at night for bedwetting until I was 10. My mom always diapered me in the evening usually after my bath. I would go into my room and my mom would have my diapers and plastic pants laying on my bed with pins, diaper cream and baby powder on my dresser. She would make sure I was throughly dry and lay me on my bed and diaper me just like a toddler including applying ample amounts of diaper cream to my bottom. I was always double diapered for bedtime, so I would have this huge diaper bulge under my pjs for the rest of the evening. I would go to bed snug in my diapers and wake up wet every morning. During the weekends, I stayed in my wet diapers watching cartoons until my mom woke up and took off my diapers. I never diapered myself in my youth and it was always my mom, aunts or babysitters that diapered me.

• Like 1

I was in nappies all the time until I was nearly 5 years old and for several years longer at night because I was a nightly bedwetter. I was always put in nappies by my mother as a kid. I went back to nappies at night as a teenager because I still wet the bed most nights but had to put them on my self. By this time it had been accepted I was unlikely to be dry at night and expected to deal with my own wet sheets, nappies etc.

I didn't wet the bed as a kid. But my siblings did.

What I remember is that they were diapered until approx age 4 or 5 at which point my mom switched them to pull-ups. They did those themselves. One sibling bedwet until age 8 or 9 or 10. The other did until 6 or 7. They were two years apart and yet stopped wetting right in sync with each other curiously.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was 11 before I learned to diaper myself always wore cloth diapers

I had to learn to put my nappies on myself when I started wearing the ones given to me by the continence nurse when I was 15.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

When I started getting "too old" to wet the bed, I tried to hide that I was doing it. But when mom found out (I actually think she was never unaware) I started having to wear good nights to bed. I thought the problem stopped around when I was 7 years old, but when I was taken out of good nights and back into regular underwear, I started wetting the bed again and that didn't stop for a long time. I was put on a long term plan to deal with wetting the bed. No matter what I tried I always found that I'd either wet the bed, or the diaper I was in. Needless to say I started putting my own diapers on, maybe around ten years old. before then it was always embarrassing for my mom to put on diapers for me, but she didn't seem to mind, only concerned that I was still wetting the bed. I always thought "I really will need diapers for ever!"

• Like 1

Shortly after turning twelve I reached puberty. Less than a week later I reverted to bedwetting. That was when my mother and older sister taught me how to pin on my own gauze diapers.

However, years earlier I was taught how to diaper Missy,  my youngest sister, for bed. Our Mom felt is was safer to change someone else using pins, By the time my baby sister was 11 Mom let her pin on her own diapers. By then I was 16; we shared the same changing table.

When I was 5, my mother told my sister (a year older) and me that we had to start diapering ourselves. We had two younger brothers at the time, and my mother was tired of diapering four kids every night. I remember it very clearly!

I was in cloth pin-on diapers every night until I was 12. My brother, 2 years younger, was also in diapers for bedwetting until he was 14. Fortunately we were never shamed for our wetting, and diapers were just the way our wetting was managed so we could sleep comfortably. We weren't made to feel immature or babyish for wetting or wearing diapers. Even so, I remember feeling quite grown up when I started pinning on my own diapers around age 9. Seems kind of ironic looking back on it now, but at the time it was something I was proud of... :)

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I made the choice to go 24/7 6 years ago so that would be 47 when I starting diapering for bedwetting. It took me a few years to lose blatter control and I just lost bowel control this year.

I started out diapering myself for bed, at 39. Now I somehow have gotten what I wanted since 4-5 times out of 7 in a week I wet in bed, not sleep wetting since I still wake up a bit before going, but still enough so that from now on, it's diapering up for bedtime no matter what.

• 9 months later...

I started to lose daytime control in the early nineties, but I didn't start to have bedwetting accidents until five years ago. My CNA usually cloth-diapers me at night (I taught them all how), unless for some reason I have to cancel the evening visit. Then I do it myself.

I became incontinent as the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old. At that time, I quickly learned to diaper myself.