LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Purple Penguins

BabyTara

"A Nebraska school district has reportedly told teachers that instead of referring to male and female students with gender-specific terms such as "boys" and "girls," they should instead try something less offensive, such as "purple penguins."

Guest babykim

Yeah I think it's stupid we're all born as a boy or a girl that's how we're defined! They shouldn't be trying to confuse these kids cause of their bias or political correctness. Let them get there on their own if they wanna change that.

It's not tough to use gender-neutral terms most of the time once you get used to it ;) Yet there are some situations where it isn't easy to do that. It's going to slowly change in society because society only changes slowly :whistling: What I am more adamant about is when someone separates kids into two groups based on their apparent birth-sex when there is no need to while totally disregarding their gender or allowing those kids to choose the group they prefer to be in :bash: It's easy to address a school group as "y'all", "people", folks", students", "friends", "kids", "children", or simply "students" instead of saying "boys and girls" :)

One's anatomy does not define who a person is in their heart and mind B)

Bettypooh

I am on the fence about this one. I grew up in an age where someone tried to literally strangle me while riding the bus with my scarf because I was "different." Also, the kids I was around were absolutely malicious in their attempt to ostracize me. I believe and feel that any change (like considering boys and girls as penguins) is better than what I had to experience while growing up. While having the animals representing kids though could cause issues. I'm thinking of metaphors like "penguins can't fly so I waddle everywhere." Still a change is better than thinking they have no issues with gender discrimination so it is a positive step I believe.

I've seen a few forms with no gender choices required and one that had "M","F", and "NA" (not applicable). It may not seem like a big thing to the Cisgendered majority but to a TG it can pose a problem. Many TG's simply leave it blank then whoever reviews it glances up and puts in whatever they think. And many times they check the wrong box :POnly in matters of health and intimacy does a person's sex or gender matter and as the world begins to see the truth in this the limited choices and discrimination are going away B)

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Part of including groups in society is removing them from the "other". It's a big part of communication theory and sociology the idea of the "in group" and "out group", and this applies from the smallest family unit to humanity as a whole. As a species we've never been good at empathising with the other, they are the out group;