LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

becoming comfortable with wearing diapers

Personally I always wear short sleeve leotards or onesies and they do a wonderful job of keeping things out of prying eyes and keep the diaper where it should be so there isn't any drooping or sagging. Sort of wish these were mandatory as underwear for everyone. Mr plumbers crack you know who you are...

• 5 years later...

Unfortunately, there is a stigma connected to adult diapers. So stupid... but it is a reality. That said, I think the situation is changing slowly. For example, lots of ads about adult diapers. My Men's Health magazine this month had at least 2 as I recall. As for the reactions from others, we just have to consider where it is coming from. Ignorance, immaturity, lack of empathy - it makes people behave like that. I don't flaunt that I am wearing a diaper but I don't hide it, either. I mean, it is what it is. If it sticks out of the top of my pants sometimes, who cares? If someone asks? I answer honestly. I was on the airplane recently and my untucked shirt rode up in the back when I was sitting in my seat. My diaper was exposed. I noticed the guy across the aisle from me was staring, then whispering something to his seatmate. Then laughing. I thought to myself "Total idiot." I never bothered to pull down my shirt. I mean, if someone's underwear is THAT entertaining for someone, then that is a life I would not want to have! My advice for you in dealing with the stigma is to try to let it go without getting upset or frustrated. The stupid reactions from others don't deserve our time or attention. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Most if not all people with incontinebce will run into this problem at some time.  I've had everything from a little girl asking in a very loud voice "mummy why is that man wearing a nappy" to outright abuse and that included being told i was a paedophile,  The nicest comment I had was while in a checkout queue at a supermarket, my t shirt had obvisiously ridden up while I'd been reaching for things and this dear old lady behind me touched my arm and very quietly told me my nappy was in view.  The worst experience was when I was out with a friend when my jogging bottoms slipped down exposing my complete disoposable in the middle of a car park.  He found it very funny, needles to say i didn't.  I've had some form of incontinence since birth so you'd think I'd be used to wearing and changing them, but it hasn't happened in nearly 65 yaers!  I think my worst part of the day is morning, (overnight I use a thicker disposable and a washable bed pad over my sheets in case of leaks), I swing my legs out of bed and look down just hoping that for once i won't see the tell tale signs of a very wet nappy.  normally I'm just bladder IC, but due to ongoing spinal problems I'm starting to suffer from bowel accidents as well and it is those that I personally find most distressing.  All I can hear as I clean up and change is my my mothers voice telling me what a "dirty little boy I am and I should grow up and act my age"

• Like 1

I would highly recommend you to get some onesies... I wear some polo ones, like these:

https://tykables.com/collections/snappies/products/snappies-polo?variant=6201087000614

If you have a work uniform, you should get some plain white or black to wear under:

https://tykables.com/collections/snappies/products/snappies-t-shirt

https://www.saveexpress.de/de/inkontinenz-mehrweg/care-4care/unterwaesche-undergarments/8979/airoliver-elastan-body-0982-mit-druckknopfverschluss-im-schritt-weiss-xxlarge?c=8480

https://www.saveexpress.de/de/inkontinenz-mehrweg/care-4care/unterwaesche-undergarments/8276/airoliver-body-2010-mit-druckknopfverschluss-im-schritt-anthrazit-schwarz

These are lifesavers for me at work!! You will feel more confident since they help you hide your diaper while leaning, sitting, stetching, etc...

Cheers!!