LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Aren't birthdays a requirement on profiles?

Lately I have been seeing a lot of profiles missing their birthday or the year they were born. I thought that it is a required field to fill out since this is a 18 and older site. Just curious not trying to get people in trouble.

Some time age it was decided that all members needed to have either their real age or birthdate listed on their profile. Since these fields were once optional, many older members don't have either listed :whistling: As we discover them we PM the member and ask that they update their profile with this info :) And as best we can, we check for this with new members ;)

it would seem to me that having both birthday and the Real Age field is redundant. If you look at my Brithday fieldand my Real AGe field they are different; I did that as a joke. Not that the Birthday OR Real Age necessarily has any real wey to check for accuracy as Darkfinn said. I could be in my mid 30's for all anyone really knows. why not use the birthday, since that yields the age consistent with that date as well and use the "Real Age" field for something else, like "interests" which would make the profile more robust and useful to understand the person. The ABKingdom has several such fields for interests, Faovorite Books, Faovorite Movies and Faovorite TV Shows. Antoher board I belong to which uses the same system as DD, does not have Real AGe and uses that field for "Interests" and uses the "Previous Fields" for something else entirely. It is time for the #1 ABDL site in the world, and heir to DPF, to reflect its place in the world

Welcome to the internet... where everyone can feel free to represent, or misrepresent, themselves as they desire. "Requiring" anyone to fill out anything they don't want to is just going to lead to lying.

Are you joking?! That is a cottage industry, all over the place, on the Web

Lately I have been seeing a lot of profiles missing their birthday or the year they were born. I thought that it is a required field to fill out since this is a 18 and older site. Just curious not trying to get people in trouble.

I brought this up many months ago and yes, it used to be optional many years ago but even Daily Di posted saying everyone needs to update their profile to show their real age.

If anyone would care to (with the approval of DD of course) I'd be happy to hand you the job of going through the 29,372 (and growing) accounts we have so you can take care of this for us :) Let's see, with my avererage-speed connection, Firefox, and W7 on a decent laptop it looks like about 500 hours work to do that one thing alone :oIt should be easy, right? :P Volunteers? Anyone? I didn't think so <_< You can't see it but those who ignore warnings and PM's from Admins do sometimes discover their priveleges here are gone- including those who ignore our requests that they update their profiles. Save us both problems and just do it please- that will keep everyone happier!

I get many visits from older accounts for some reason. Most of the ones not showing some age field are pre 2010 and have not been active for 5 or more years. Now and then I get one or two that are 2010 or later and more active that do not have the age fields filled in

I did notice one thing. In all the left-hand columns on posts, under the avatar, DOB does not show but Real Age does

Again... what is the point of requiring any personal information when there is no way to verify if any of it is true? People forget their web history... that's why screen names were invented in the first place, ANONYMITY. I'll share only the information I want to about my personal life, the rest of it is my business and mine alone.

That is why I have 4 email accountrs. I think it is as was said. The 25 year old wants to be sure that the person she is communicating with is not somke 55 year old perv, as if there are no 25 year old pervs. Also I think "gender" should be accurate since that can be a relevant variable since ALG's come in both genders (but very few females that I ever knew of), that is a discussion we had earlier. But then, how can you enforce all of this. There are or were some sites that had age verification tools but I have not seen them used recently

• 3 weeks later...