LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Punished for Bedwetting

Yes I was punished and humiliated many times up to age 10 for wetting the bed or having daytime accident. First if I had an accident in bed my mom would spank me first with a wooden spoon while still in my wet pajamas which then I would start crying and pee more. After the spanking she would make me strip the bed and wet clothes and take to washer. After putting in washer she would scream at me and tell me since you are a little baby you will wear diaper at night for 2 nights after each wetting. She would also put me in a diaper that day and make me wear the diaper and plastic pants all day in front of my friends and neighbors. She would not let me wear pants and she would make me wet them in front of others. She would also do this when visiting family and relatives. This is what started me down the road of being AB/DL.

yep, i was I had a problem with peeing the bed. Mum took me to the doctors who recommended diapers until i got over it. She used to diaper me with cloth diaper and pants. Most nights it was not a problem the diaper would be dry in the morning, other nights I would wake in the morning to a wet diaper. This went on for 4 years before hitting puberty,a the dry nights increased and the wet nights stopped. I still wore diapers just in case and at 12 years old i started pinning my own diapers on and pulling my own pants on.

I suppose it wasn't a punishment more of a way to cope with a wet bed.

Yes, also born in the 70's, times were different then, If I wet the bed (didn't happen often thankfully) my dad would give me the belt as "Only babies wet the bed", and had to stay in wet underpants. Fortunately that was only shortly after being potty trained, I was 5, and still had "accidents" til I was 6. After that bedwetting happened infrequently, and like many of us back then I tried to "Hide the sheets" which usually got me the belt again as "Now the sheets are ruined" I was NOT however forced back into diapers, that was my call which happened years later.

1. After being forced into potty training I never wet the bed by accident, I can remember waking up to a dry bed and diaper with a full bladder in need of emptying and I would lay there in bed and wet my diaper and it normally overflowed getting the bed wet also.

• 3 weeks later...

Surely nowadays parents don't punish bedwetters. Back when I was a kid it was standard practice.

• 1 year later...
On 2014-08-25 at 1:51 PM, stevewet said:

Surely nowadays parents don't punish bedwetters. Back when I was a kid it was standard practice.

I agree that it was standard practice in the past. If it went past a certain age it was seen as a discipline issue. I was a wuss and used to cry at the breakfast table when I woke up with a wet bed and that sometimes helped me avoid the standard 3 or 4 OTK whacks with back of the hairbrush. It was never severe but was intended for embarassment more than anything. More embarassing was having the wet sheets and pjs hung out on the line to dry. My father wouldn't allow diapers because he felt it encouraged bedwetting by making it more comfortable. Things have changed a lot over the last 4 decades and now there's a much better understanding of the causes for bedwetting and that it shouldn't be punished except maybe for making older bedwetters do their own laundry.

• 2 months later...
On September 27, 2014 at 0:59 PM, Three Rivers said:

I remember my brother wetting his bed when he was 5 yrs old, then he went thru a phase of pooping his pants for about 3 or 4 months. My mother was not very happy, and always made him scrub his underwear in the bathroom sink.Then put him in a diaper and nothing else, it was meant to embarrass him I guess. I think he enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard and read a lot of horror stories over the years, so I feel very fortunate about my experiences. I wet every single night until my mid-teens. My folks and siblings never made an issue of it. I was never teased or punished. My mother washed my sheets without a word. I started doing it myself when I started getting a little self conscious of it around 10 or so. I was also regaled with stories of famous people who wet the bed and turned out ok.

Only ever had a few embarrassing moments over the years outside the home but I don't feel like I was scarred by them or anything. Slept over at a friends house when I was 8 or 9 and completely drenched their pull out couch. They never said a word to me about it. I also went to a weekend jamboree for Boy Scouts when I was 13 or so, and wet my tent cot 2 out of the 3 nights. I just tried to hide it as best I could. I remember being embarrassed by both, but nothing came of it.

• 4 years later...

I know I was a bedwetter, but I only remember one incident. Which I guess is to say, no, I wasn’t punished for bedwetting. I’d remember that. I remember several daytime accidents, but never waking up in a wet bed.

The one bedwetting episode I do remember, it wasn’t my bed. I was sleeping in my parents’ bed, and the next day my mother asked me if I wet their bed. I told what I thought was the truth: no. I didn’t remember doing it, and I didn’t remember waking up wet or in wet pajamas. 

My mother asked if that meant she or my dad did it, and I said yes. If I didn’t do it, and I didn’t so far as I knew, it was only logical that one or both of them did. I mean, shoot - maybe they did! I still don’t remember doing it, just being confronted about it.

I don’t remember what my mom said, but I do recall on another occasion, after an accumulation of day time incidents, being told she’d put me back in diapers if I kept having accidents. I was 4-6. She asked me if that’s what I wanted, the way parents do (“Do you want a spanking? Is that what you want?”) And I said no, but I wish like hell I’d said yes.

I never really had wetting issues growing up aside from the rare accident. I would always hide my wet underwear and pajamas somewhere in my room. They always ended up magically laundered and back in my dresser eventually. I wet so infrequently my parents never said anything about it and probably just saw it as part of growing up. I was in 4th grade when I had my last accident at night. 

I peed my bed twice in one year when I was 11 years old, but was never scolded and my parents never mentioned anything. Yet being gay and coming out of the closet warranted me getting thrown out of my house. I am so much better off now than I was 5 years ago. I have forgiven my parents for throwing me out, but I will never forget their actions and one day if I have my own kids I will never forget what unconditional love did for me. 

• Like 1

Nope, I was never punished for wetting my bed. My parents never bat their eyes about it.  Early on, my mom would help me change my wet pajamas, put on a bath towel over the wet spot and put me back to bed.  Upon waking up, my mother would change the sheets for me.  As I got older, I didnt need my parents to help me so I took care of it myself by going to the bathroom to change, grab a bath towel to place over the wet spot and go back to sleep.  My mother continued on changing the sheets for me.