LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How long have you been a bedwetter?

stevewet

1 hour ago, bedwettermn33 said:

I'll admit I was wetting my bed every night from the age of 5 to age 15 or 16 (parents put me back in diapers at night at age 7)

Even though I'm 41 I still wake up wet 4 to 5 nights out of the week I guess it has been a life long journey

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Is there a medical reason that you began to wet every night at age 5? I wet every night as a child and into my teens, but AFAIK I was never tested for ADH level or bladder capacity. It would have been helpful to know why I wet so often, so I suspect you too would have felt better about your situation

As far as I know and can recall is there was no tests ordered so it could have been a combo of smaller than average bladder and under production of ADH all I know just from some of the conversations I had with my parents that I was also a heavy sleeper I could sleep thru anything.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Always been a bedwetter. Not everynight (Until recently after surgery) but I would get the "Pee Dream" where you're certain you're using the toilet only to realize you're not awake. Which happened every month or so. Now its fairly regular, woke up just yesterday to a wet diaper, no dream, no feeling the need to go then going after waking up and going back to sleep, just woke up, felt rested and the realized my diaper was soaked. Once I would have said this was great, but now I see the downside to really being incontinent, was fun when I was in control, now, not so much. Never minded the bedwetting much, as it was infrequent.

• 5 years later...
On 7/13/2015 at 6:29 PM, Drownedinp said:

I started in May, up to that time I had never been a child bed wetter, or a teen bed wetter. Doctor can't figure out why all of the sudden I began to wet at age 56!

Found out l had a hernia mesh put in for a hernia  and it with the scar tissue is tickling my bladder. I only wet now when l have pain where my hernia was at. As long as l dont over exert myself l dony get the pain. Was wet most of July as we moved from Phoenix, Arizona to a small town in Southern Utah population about 100. Love small town living.

• 2 months later...
On 2/25/2015 at 12:22 AM, bedwetter bobby said:

When I was a youngster started to bed wet at age 5, after my parents divorce. It was not long before I found myself back in night diapers and plastic pants.This went on for 3-4 years and gradually tapered off. All my life bladder control was kind of a challenge. Never really wet but needed relief alot. Of course what you drank had a huge effect on toileting.

As I got older (50's) things got worse with occasional wet spots. Then waking up at night to go,more and more. Having grown a childhood affection for diapers I began to explore that option.

Now I am back in night dapers and plastic pants with an occasional pad worn during the day.Fortunately my childhood diaper experinece wasn't all bad, so it is not that hard to be back in them and once again sleep thru the night. Seems to me that many who were enuretic as kids develop bladder issues when older. What do you think?

Issues and desires, soon after I stopped wetting the bed (around age 9) I longed to experience it again. 

• 1 month later...

I started wetting the bed after being 100% dry at night till I was 6-6.5 yrs old and I started wetting the bed bc I had undiagnosed type one so my sugars were In the 3-400s for like a few weeks and In that Time my parents and pediatrician were trying to figure out what was wrong with m. one night my mom took me to the ER bc I was throwing up, I had soaked the bed and I was acting extremely dehydrated (which I was because I was in full blown diabetic ketoacidosis) and the ER triage nurse had type one diabetes and recognized the symptoms I was having and I was on an insulin pump and cgm (omnipod and dexcom G4&g5 mobile at the time now im using Tslim:x2 and Dexcom G6) within a month and a half. I still some times wet the bed if my sugars are super "bad" meaning over 200mg/dl for 24hrs or more than ill most likely gonna wake up with wet sheets or a wet diaper.  

I became a bedwetter as the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old, and I have not been reliably dry at night since then. I'll be 80 next month. So I've had wetting issues for about 64 years.

• 2 weeks later...

I have wanted to be a bed wetter for as long as i can remember and it never happened. 4 years ago i started wearing a nappy to bed every night and made sure i wet it during the night, over the last few months i have wet while semi awake. 2 nights ago i had my first sleep wetting, i know i was dry when i went to sleep and when i woke up my nappy was soaked and i have no recollection of wetting.

• Like 2

I have noticed several comments that ask what caused you to still wet the bed as a teenager, or start back up as a teenager, but decades ago when I was a kid, I don't think most parents ever even considered going to the doctor to find the medical reason.  I just know that I had a rubber sheet on my bed and wore cloth diapers (disposable diapers were still rarely used in the early 70's, and my mom never used them).  Sleeping in the same room as my younger brother (2 years younger) was really tough considering I was still in diapers until around 12 and he had stopped wearing them when he was around 4-5.  It was even tougher having a sister that was almost 5 years younger than me and who also stopped wearing diapers to bed several years before me.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I remember my Dad diapering me (cloth diapers) and stating that my sister and I were getting too old to be wearing diapers. Since I am 15 months older than my sister I figure that I had to be nearing age 4, I was only diapered for Bed. When I was 4 I was promoted to sleeping in my older brothers room, no diapers just an old shower curtain underneath my sheets to limit the damage. I continued to wet the bed into my teen years, only being diapered for a week of vacation when I was 7 years old. When I was around 13 I became infatuated with the thought of wearing diapers again as I continued to wet the bed once or twice a week. I finally started puberty when I was around 15 1/2, I thought I was over bedwetting until I had a rather traumatic accident one weekend that is another story. I remained dry until I experienced a rather extended prostate infection that took two years to clear up. My bedwetting came roaring back and I continue to wear diapers every night due to permanent conditions the infection left. I sometime wonder if the adult bedwetting is tied to my adolescent issues, like others have stated I don’t remember discussing the problem in a Doctors office until I was an adult so no diagnosis to refer to from childhood. I guess we just kept our embarrassing family secrets you ourselves in the 60’s, probably why it is so hard to find a therapist today! 

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 10:50 PM, bi-bedwetter said:

Including the three years I trained to bed wet, I've now passed the 15 year mark!  I have never regretted this decision for even a minute!  I absolutely LOVE being a bed wetter!

Me too.

I was an Olympic-class bedwetter until I was about 10 1/2. Similar to @ken2988, I had a younger brother who did not wet the bed, and he and I shared a room, so once he got out of diapers at somewhere around age 3, I was the only one left in them - my older sister outgrew them on a normal timeline. I used to get diapered on his bed and then climb up to mind; I remember when he and I switched bunkbeds, when he was about 4 and I was 7, with me moving back to the bottom and him moving to the top, because he was old enough to climb the ladder, and since I still needed to be diapered, and he didn't, it made sense for me to be on the bottom bunk rather than him, according to my parents. 

I went back to wearing diapers to bed full-time about 4 1/2 years ago, and went 24/7 a bit over 3 years ago, but I've only recently started considering myself a "bedwetter" again, because wetting incidents, while unpredictable, occur with enough frequency that I would not be comfortable going to bed without a diaper on. For a long time, I doubted it was happening, but there are definitely occasions now where I go to bed, sleep like a rock, and wake up wet. However I still have weeks were it doesn't happen.

I didn't set out to become a bedwetter again, I just set out to wear diapers all the time, but my "practicing" of waking up, peeing, and then falling immediately back to sleep again,  seems to have caused me to sometimes skip the "waking up" part. Which is fine with me - it's a pain, and I prefer to sleep uninterrupted. 

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I last wet as a child at 13yrs then dry for several yrs then in my 2nd yr of my 2nd marriage in my 50's started having accidents.My wife and I discussed it and back in diapers were the answer also later developed ibs so to be safe always in them.

• Like 1

After reading some of the above, I seem to be a bit confused now?  Are you considered a bed wetter only if you are wet when you get up, and have no recollection of it, or as I always thought, if you wet in your bed even if you are awake when you do it?

4 hours ago, deewet said:

After reading some of the above, I seem to be a bit confused now?  Are you considered a bed wetter only if you are wet when you get up, and have no recollection of it, or as I always thought, if you wet in your bed even if you are awake when you do it?

Or how about if you’re wearing and the bed doesn’t get wet.  Are you still a bed wetter?

In my mind a bed wetter is someone (diapered or not) that wets in their sleep.  On the other hand, I can’t deny someone that voluntarily wets the bed is not a bed wetter.  It’s confusing.  Hope one of our wordsmiths (@oznl @Little Sherri) weighs in on the subject.

• Like 1

Hi, @WBxx - My definition of what constitutes a "bedwetter" has shifted a bit, lately. For most of my life, I considered a betwetter to be someone who wets the bed unconsciously while they are asleep, ergo they have to wear protection, or use a protective cover or whatever the preferred strategy is to mitigate the consequences of dispensing liquid where you sleep. For myself now, and for my parents when I was a kid, the solution was for me to wear a diaper, because while I also had a plastic sheet on my bed, an uncontained incident still meant the bedding had to be stripped and washed, and in the early years of my life, we lived in an apartment and my mom had to lug the bedding down to the laundry room in the basement, and pay to wash them. Ergo, putting me in Pampers was the least arduous approach for them. 

However, what I've become now is, a person who deliberately wets in my bed (in a diaper) if I wake up and need to pee, because otherwise I'd need to get up at least a couple of times every night, I suspect because my daytime laissez faire approach to wetting has reduced my useful bladder capacity a bit. Doing that, however, has resulted in occasional, unpredictable wetting incidents that I do not remember at all, suggesting that they are happening in my sleep. So, I now have to wear a diaper to bed, because otherwise I might wet the bed, but also, I'd sleep like crap, out of fear that I might wet the bed. 

I hesitated for a good while to confer the title of "bedwetter" upon myself, because as a kid, I basically never did it deliberately, I just woke up in a wet diaper probably 5 days out of 7. But, upon reflection, it has become apparent that I need to wear protection at night. Ergo, I believe I am a bedwetter. Feel free to disagree. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, WBxx said:

Hope one of our wordsmiths (@oznl @Little Sherri) weighs in on the subject.

Thusly I have been called hither from vanilla world and I pontificate thus:

A “bedwetter” is primarily, the vernacular term for somebody who habitually urinates whilst sleeping.  The formal name for this practice is “nocturnal enuresis”.

Urinating in bed whilst awake (conscious intent) does not make one a bedwetter although a bed may get wet.

Conversely, urinating in bed asleep in a diaper (so the bed remains dry) does not alter the urinating entity’s status as a “bedwetter”.

I believe my first high-likelihood diapered sleep wetting was in August 2019.  It remained vanishingly rare but slowly became more common.  My first verified "bedwetting" (a bedwetter, wetting the bed asleep NOT wearing a diaper) was in May 2021 and made a hell of a mess.

I am a semi-regular bedwetter today but it's very hard to know exactly how often as insight fades over time.  I suspect it's around half the nights, possibly more and the frequency of it ebbs and flows.

I am well aware I can no longer go to bed without wearing protection.

• Like 1

Thanks for the great comments on this subject, and I see a common thread in all the responses.  I will be glad to know that as I now "have to" wear protection to bed every night, that I can be classified as a "bed wetter".  Granted I do not use this protection every night, and some nights/mornings I am awake when I use it, the fact that I have been relegated to NEED it due to a bed wetting occurrence some time back, puts me into this category if I am understanding of what I see. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/24/2015 at 11:22 PM, bedwetter bobby said:

When I was a youngster started to bed wet at age 5, after my parents divorce. It was not long before I found myself back in night diapers and plastic pants.This went on for 3-4 years and gradually tapered off. All my life bladder control was kind of a challenge. Never really wet but needed relief alot. Of course what you drank had a huge effect on toileting.

As I got older (50's) things got worse with occasional wet spots. Then waking up at night to go,more and more. Having grown a childhood affection for diapers I began to explore that option.

Now I am back in night dapers and plastic pants with an occasional pad worn during the day.Fortunately my childhood diaper experinece wasn't all bad, so it is not that hard to be back in them and once again sleep thru the night. Seems to me that many who were enuretic as kids develop bladder issues when older. What do you think?

That sounds a lot like me had problems growing up,then dry for several yrs but in my 50's started again been in diapers for around 30yrs.

On 1/18/2023 at 11:42 AM, deewet said:

As far as I am concerned if you wet while in bed in nappies or not awake or not then you are a bedwetter and should be proud of your achievements.

Stay wet and stay happy.

15 hours ago, sport said:

That sounds a lot like me had problems growing up,then dry for several yrs but in my 50's started again been in diapers for around 30yrs.

My mother always said "Once a bedwetter always a bedwetter "

On 7/13/2022 at 8:00 PM, ken2988 said:

I have noticed several comments that ask what caused you to still wet the bed as a teenager, or start back up as a teenager, but decades ago when I was a kid, I don't think most parents ever even considered going to the doctor to find the medical reason.  I just know that I had a rubber sheet on my bed and wore cloth diapers (disposable diapers were still rarely used in the early 70's, and my mom never used them).  Sleeping in the same room as my younger brother (2 years younger) was really tough considering I was still in diapers until around 12 and he had stopped wearing them when he was around 4-5.  It was even tougher having a sister that was almost 5 years younger than me and who also stopped wearing diapers to bed several years before me.

My mother had me to the Doctors several times during my childhood and teenage years but the standard response back then was just "Oh he will grow out of it" I never did until my early 20s. My folks gave up trying to get me dry at night and to be honest I just didn't care. 

My sister found it a great source of amusement that her older brother still wet his bed every night as she was completely out of nappies at 2 years old.

It was no secret I wet the bed as she made sure everyone knew.