LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How does being a bedwetter make you feel?

stevewet

Seeing there are a lot of bedweters using this site I wondered how do you feel about your bedwetting? For me it was a shock when it came back after quite a few years of totally dry nights. At first I felt ashamed and dirty but my wife who like me was a chronic bedwetter all through her childhood said I shouldn't worry about it and as long as we took steps to protect our bed and I agree'd to wear pads or nappies she wasn't in the slightest bothered by it. This did make me feel better. I started to do some reserch on the net to find just how common adult bedwetting is. This was before I saw a urologist. I was amazed to find there are lots of adults who wet at night and then with some deeper searching I discovered there were many who actually enjoyed it and the further I looked the more intruiged I was. It seems to me that many accept their incontinence and become DL as a way of coping with it. I quite liked this idea and started to explore sites like this and decided it was the way forward for me.

I have now become interested in all aspects of bedwetting and incontinence. I like reading other peoples stories and posts and have come to enjoy wearing pads, pull ups, incontinence pants

• Like 1

Growing up as a child I never wet the bed after being toilet trained until the age of 5, or at least that's what my mother has told me.

I remember wanting to wear diapers again at the age of 5 and would often wake up in the middle of

• Like 1

As a kid I never wet the bed, I must have been potty trained at a early age because I have little memory of wearing diapers as a baby. Growing up I always wanted to wear diapers, but as life is I didn't put on a diaper until several years ago. I guess I became a somewhat of a bedwetter after wearing diapers to bed each night and if I woke up I just wet my diaper and went back to sleep. Now my body is trained that if I have to go it just lets it go and I wake up in a very wet diaper. the only downside is if I'm staying somewhere and I can't wear, that makes for a restless night

• Like 1

As a kid I never wet the bed, I must have been potty trained at a early age because I have little memory of wearing diapers as a baby. Growing up I always wanted to wear diapers, but as life is I didn't put on a diaper until several years ago. I guess I became a somewhat of a bedwetter after wearing diapers to bed each night and if I woke up I just wet my diaper and went back to sleep. Now my body is trained that if I have to go it just lets it go and I wake up in a very wet diaper. the only downside is if I'm staying somewhere and I can't wear, that makes for a restless night

I wouldn't dare sleep without a nappy now as a wet bed is sure to be the end result. So where ever I sleep I always have a nappy on.

• 3 months later...

being a bedwetter don't bother me any more I don't think it ever made me feel bad accept when I was a teen being teased by other kids

Does,nt bother me either i don't honestly think it ever did.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When I was wetting the bed as a child, teen, and young adult, I was very ashamed about it. I knew my mother hated having to wash those "peepee sheets." After my last bedwetting episode while still half asleep at age almost-24, I was reliably dry for 43 years. Then I began to wet intentionally, for pleasure, and later to wear diapers for fun. After many diapered days and nights, I began to wet in my sleep again, but only 1-2 times a year. Now when it happens, it's a delightful surprise. I'm always eager to experience the moment, not ashamed that it happened.

As I have posted before I never wet as a child or teenager. I was 56 years old and began to wet at night about 2 months ago. I have been a DL. for as long as I can remember. When I started wetting the bed at first the stigma of being a bedwetter I was some what embarrassed by it and at my age too. Lately after I told my wife after about a week and a half, we have off setting shifts and don't get the opportunity to sleep with each other, I began to accept it as a part of me. I'm not going to go out and tell the world that I wear diapers at night because I wet my bed, yet! I know eventually there will be others that find out and I will have to tell them.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I think I'm getting closer to being a true bedwetter. Though I still wake up somewhat I just go and drift back into sleep with seconds. Hopefully sometime I won't even wake up anymore but just go in my diaper.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
On 08/06/2015 at 9:26 AM, Inconito said:

Well I think I'm getting closer to being a true bedwetter. Though I still wake up somewhat I just go and drift back into sleep with seconds. Hopefully sometime I won't even wake up anymore but just go in my diaper.

On 8/20/2014 at 0:39 PM, stevewet said:

I wouldn't dare sleep without a nappy now as a wet bed is sure to be the end result. So where ever I sleep I always have a nappy on.

I am also a bedwetter and have gone through spells of bedwetting throughout my life. Some years ago I came to terms with bedwetting and at the instance of my partner began using nappies, incontinence pads and plastic panties at night. She hated waking up in the small hours to a wet bed. My question is when does bedwetting become classed as incontinence? I like to think I am incontinent, but wondered if there is a formal definition of when occasional bedwetting becomes classed as incontinence. I read somewhere that if you bed wet three times a week of more then that it incontinence. I should add that sometimes I wake up needing to pee and have to go in my nappies. My partner hates to be disturbed and its too difficult to use the loo when nappied anyway so I have to use my nappy. Many nights however I wake in the morning

My medical notes state that I both incontinent and enuretic so obviously the medical profession class it as two different things. As far as I am concerned I just can't control my bladder very much.

6 hours ago, stevewet said:

My medical notes state that I both incontinent and enuretic so obviously the medical profession class it as two different things. As far as I am concerned I just can't control my bladder very much.

Incontinence and enuresis are overlapping conditions. Bed wetting is nocturnal enuresis, but involuntary bed- and pants-wetting are both examples of

Sorry, but I need to disagree with some definitions of the term "Enuresis"

In urology enuresis is a condition of urinary incontinence in people who have not yet reached puberty.

Where the confusion started was back in WWII some in the US Army Medical Corps co-opted the word enuresis to describe adult bedwetting by military personnel. They felt that in this way there would be less stigma when adults wet.

In the larger world of incontinence none of this makes any difference. Some leading authorities define urinary incontinence as an inappropriate wetting, so that would mean a DL or AB can be declared incontinent when wetting on purpose.

Today a larger percentage of the public thinks all bedwetting is enuresis irrespective of age, while others consider urinary incontinence and enuresis to be the same condition.

• Like 1

There is also the distinction between primary and secondary enuresis. Primary is bedwetting from infancy. Secondary is bedwetting that began after a prolonged period of dryness. I personally suffered primary nocturnal enuresis into young adulthood, was reliably dry at night for decades, and in the past six years have experienced secondary enuresis several times a year. My frequency of accidents has increased recently: I've wet in my sleep twice this month alone, in fact two nights in a row. Kind of exciting, really, to be skating on the edge of full-blown bedwetting again.

Many people who wear diapers to keep their beds dry despite their nocturnal enuresis still call themselves bedwetters and speak of wetting the bed, even though their beds don't get wet. With someone who is ashamed of wetting the bed or wearing diapers to prevent it, I use the term "sleep wetting" or the clinical "nocturnal enuresis." "Incontinence" is more general and suggests daytime wetting and even fecal incontinence as possibilities, so I avoid that term.

Now that I am experiencing occasional bouts of nocturnal enuresis again, I'm kind of thinking of myself as a bedwetter once again. Sometimes just my briefs and pajamas or my diaper gets wet, but one of the previous three instances involved my wetting the bed. I feel a thrilling naughtiness to be wetting again, partly because a person my age shouldn't be wetting his bed but also partly because I know I've brought bedwetting back into my life by wearing and wetting diapers a lot and by indulging my fascination with wetting (especially bedwetting) by interacting with other pee fetishists online. I'm careful not to reveal my fetish to people in my ordinary life, but I'm no longer ashamed of myself like I once was.