LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Just to add a positive note. I think modern disposable diapers are simply amazing. They hold lots of fluids, they fit well and are easy to conceal.

I partly agree.

They indeed hold lots of fluids, but *only* if spread out evenly over the diaper. I've had a lot of leaks with them where only the part between the legs was soaked and the SAP absorber fallen apart into a couple of lumps, while a good part of the diaper at the waist ends was still dry.

This won't happen with a cloth diaper: there the fluid spreads through the whole diaper.

Re. 'easy to conceal' - at least for the diapers that I need overnight, that's stretching the meaning of 'easy' a bit!

When I still want to go somewhere wearing those (visiting friends later in the evening, going out to dinner etc) I can only do so wearing a skirt. I've tried squishing everything in a jeans but it feels horrible and is very VERY visible. Plus, I couldn't even walk properly. Though that's also true to a degree while wearing a skirt.

The daytime pads are indeed easy to conceal, especially when wearing a skirt. But that also goes for washable pads.

Of course being incontinent means you will leak every now and then, just because the diaper is getting too wet. That's why I choose to wear plastic pants over my diapers for extra protection. It reduces the leaks to once in every thirty diapers I use. That will do for me. Since these plastic pants are almost the same size as the diapers I wear I only feel the pvc of the waist and leg bands which hardly causes any discomfort.

Of course it's great if that works well for you!

As you mention as well, everyone eventually figures out - or should figure out - what works best for them. For me that's preferably cloth diapers at night because I get much fewer leaks with them (plus a couple of other reasons). I found that large 'baggy' plastic pants work best / are most comfortable with those, and then there's bound to be some skin-plastic contact above and below the diaper.

During daytime, cotton or disposable pads and plastic pants are my best option. With those there's also skin-plastic contact at the sides and the front and back parts near the waist elastic - the amount varies with the design.

The thing is that this isn't a problem when the plastic is OK. If it's shiny plastic, it can be hugely uncomfortable though.

For example Meidekind, have you ever considered wearing cotton briefs over your cloth diapers in the same size as your plastic pants? This will prevent the skin from contact with the pvc.

It is an idea ... it would address the 'clinginess' of smooth plastic. I could give it a try, thanks!

But because I find that smooth plastic very awkward anyhow - also how it looks and feels on the outside - I'd much rather avoid needing this solution altogether with plastic pants made from a good quality (medical grade) textured pvc.

• Like 1

- forgot to say:

It's not so much that I have a problem with the products that are available.

What really stings me is that products that were really helping me have disappeared or deteriorated as a result of the same marketing efforts that marked the arrival of whatever replaced them.

If both good plastic pants had continued to be available I wouldn't have worried about the avalanche of discreet and breathable "briefs" (apart from environmental considerations).

The thing is that the message "Here, have a Discreet-o-magic skin-loving Invisibrief Super Ultra Thin Air-wonder!!" always came together with "You must be barking mad to still use those horrible plastic pants and cloth diapers!"

Or: whatever helped me has become very difficult to acquire because diaper manufacturers rather see everyone in their diapers as with reusable cloth diapers and plastic pants.

A little to one side of the topic, I have used some super-cheap medium-sized plastic panties which fit me extremely well but never lasted long. Then a friend sent me the same ones but in large. I discovered that while these fit looser on my legs and waist, they actually worked considerably better at stopping leaks :) Since then I have revised my thinking on what a "good fit" really is. The few times I've worn cloth since I began dieting have worked similarly; the same plastic panties which are now a looser fit work better then they did when I was bigger.

Bettypooh, this is the exact same effect I get with medium vs large disposable diapers. It isn't that there is more padding to them, it's that they have a better fit overall which makes them work better. The larges do seem like they are too big, but the effect speaks for it's self in that they are not too big after all.

I partly agree.

But because I find that smooth plastic very awkward anyhow - also how it looks and feels on the outside - I'd much rather avoid needing this solution altogether with plastic pants made from a good quality (medical grade) textured pvc.

So maybe you are a bit emotionally attached to this medical grade type of plastic, are you sure this isn't some kind of sexual oriented interest?

as reported by MEIDEKIND:

Re. 'easy to conceal' - at least for the diapers that I need overnight, that's stretching the meaning of 'easy' a bit!

When I still want to go somewhere wearing those (visiting friends later in the evening, going out to dinner etc) I can only do so wearing a skirt. I've tried squishing everything in a jeans but it feels horrible and is very VERY visible. Plus, I couldn't even walk properly. Though that's also true to a degree while wearing a skirt.

• 2 weeks later...

During particularly leaky times I wear Suprima vinyl pants, either model 1212 or 1232. They are sturdy, have forward facing leg openings and provide the right balance between being snug around the leg openings to prevent leakage but aren't too tight to injure my skin. Overall very comfortable. I wear size S for my 35" waist.