LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Taking Proper Care of your Plushes

Febreze only covers up the smell, and certainly won't stop what ever is causing it. Try spraying a little vinegar all over him and let him sit out in the sun for a while. (don't forget to flip him over and get his back too).

As for the elastic band. I'd say break out the needle and thread. Pick a color that matches the elastic so it wont be noticeable and sew it in just a few spots so it won't wrap up again.

You don't need to go crazy with it either, just a little to lightly coat the surface. Put it out in the sun after that to let the vinegar evaporate and air out. The sun will actually be doing most of the work too via the uv rays. You may still want to give the plushy a light washing after that too, but it may not be necessary.

I've washed a few of my plushes on handwash or gentle cycle- my Simba and Nala, and my purple and pink tigers were a little funky when I got them home from the zoo (they seriously reeked like the elephant house did >.<), and my panda pillow pet.

I get some of my plushies very dirty or stinky from my diaper leaking on them at night. My daddy will just throw them in the washing machine when im not looking, then let them dry outside in the sun. They always come out like brand new. Just never use bleach or put them in a dryer and they will be fine.

I've read elsewhere on the internet that washing plushes in the washing machine is fine, but I'm afraid to do that with Yakko (and Wakko), as they both have some parts to them that seem a bit more vulnerable compared to some other plushes (their clothing / eyes). Though, I do have a stuffed bear that I wouldn't be afraid to throw in (and I have done that to him before), as he is all one part.

If soap and water doesn't do it, you may need to sterilize it with something stronger, like a white vinegar or something to kill everything. Also sun drying them helps kill anything left over. Just be gentle enough for the type of plushie you are washing. Some are more fragile than others.

There is a teddy bear hospital. I can imagine two possibilities as to what goes on there. One is so cute I melt (Teddy bears are the patients), the other is terrifying (teddy bears are the doctors) xD.