LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why do people hate Depends?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

There are still Depends with side tapes? If that's the case, I might reserve my opinion of them until I try one. With the exception of one disastrous experience with a pull-on, I haven't worn Depends since the days when they were still green. When I made my original statement, I assumed they only made the pull-on briefs these days. That's all I seem to see in the stores.

A bag of backups I keep around for emergency's (I still like them with two baby diaper stuffers) This is what the tape on ones are called and look like now.

BTW the label says S/M, Waist from 19" to 34" and then 26" to 41" Hips, 170lbs and under.post-2568-0-40900000-1407938782_thumb.jp

post-2568-0-40900000-1407938782_thumb.jp

A bag of backups I keep around for emergency's (I still like them with two baby diaper stuffers) This is what the tape on ones are called and look like now.

BTW the label says S/M, Waist from 19" to 34" and then 26" to 41" Hips, 170lbs and under.attachicon.gifCAM00001.jpg

Guest Toaddy07

comeing from a U.Ser i donte like depends caus well

1 they do not hold much they leak easily

2 they donte have much comfort compared to other brands

• 7 months later...

They made an overnight back in the early 2000's that was decent. It was pretty much just a big baby diaper.

They still do, they just changed the name to protection with tabs. The quality hasn't change much either- ie. Very low.

I don't really think that everyone here necessarily hates Depend, but like everything else, I think that there's a specific group of AB/DLs that they appeal to more than others. The people who like to wear frequently and flood their diapers aren't going to get anything out of wearing Depend, because the cost in the long run is going to be more than the cost of buying something like Bambinos and flooding it multiple times. On the other hand, the AB/DL that only gets a couple hours of diaper play at a time is probably wasting their money on anything better than Depend, and so is anyone that changes right after a single wetting. The AB/DL that wants to feel wet is probably going to enjoy Depend more than the AB/DL that wants to get hours out of a single diaper with multiple heavy wettings. It's really just a matter of what's practical for any given person's situation. The people who seem to "hate" Depend are typically people who've gotten spoiled by better diapers and who no longer have an interest in a diaper that's good for squeezing in a couple of hours of quick playtime.

I started with the Depends real fit underwear for men and they were fine for small surges, but once I started to flood with out warning I had to change to a taped diaper and Depends taped briefs were my first batch. They were thin but noisy, I then discovered this site and a few others and researched different options I then found the local distributor for Dry 24/7's and they recommended Abena air plus M2's for my day time diaper and I haven't looked back since. Once you try a premium brand diaper Depends look and feel cheap and a discount brand

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wearing the depends for men flex fit right now and they are comfortable but they can't hold that much. I did soak it pretty well though.. it says max absorbancy but it's probably only meant for a light wetting.

Absorbancy on the ones in the US(i live there) is 15% less then the absorbancy on the best baby diapers on the market which the best baby diaper ones is around 850ml-1100ml. Depends absorbancy 'round 600ml mark.

I've used the plastic backed Depends diapers off and on since the late 90's and really do think they are thinner than in the past. Plastic backed diapers are hard to find where I live but sometimes Walmart carries them or can get 1st Quality (made by Prevail) at a local medical supply. I keep some of these cheap diapers on hand for when I want to wear something discreet or if I don't have a lot of time to enjoy wearing. My main complaint about Depends, aside from only holding 1 moderate wetting, is the tapes suck. There may be 6 of them, but you can't get a snug fit without a few popping lose in no time. It does compare well with the 1st Quality diaper though. Both hold about the same amount. The Depends is more comfortable, however 1st Quality has 4 very strong tapes that will norally rip the plastic before coming off. I will continue to use both as I like to have a lot of verity in my potty panty selection. I wonder if Depends realizes the growing market of superior incontinence products that they are missing out on. I do appreciate their commercials that help reduce the stigma of wearing diapers.

• 2 years later...