LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New "Depends' commercial on tv

They Are counting depends products, And a lot of Men and Women have bladder leakage problems. Women mostly after child birth. They use the Depends shields or the pullups. Most people do not need the diapers as they are meant for heavy wetting or bowel incontinent people.

Last thoughs. If you notice, Depends is the only company who is promoting their product for every day people who don't need them. Their commercials for a couple years now are along the lines of, "Go ahead and just try them and see", getting football players, actresses and general people to wear them who don't have a bladder problem. You notice in their commercials they talk about how they look more like regular underwear but they never go into any discussions of absorbency or leakage capacity anymore. Used to be their commercials at least had people rushing home in a hurry, needing to go to the bathroom or stuck in traffic. Even those commercials were not aimed at people who really had leakage problems. They were aimed at telling people to wear them just in case you get stuck in traffic. Then rather than suffering, even though you don't have leakage problems, you can just go ahead and purpously wet yourself. Now Depends are attempting to get everyone to wear their products, period! No talk about even the slight possibility of bladder leakage. Just wear them as your regular underwear weather you need any special underwear or not. It's a smart tactic for those who can't see through their ploy for what it is. By not bringing up the fact that they are absorbent underwear designed for people who leak or mildly wet themselves and by not talking about their absorbent capacities, Depends are attempting to make their disposable underwear look and sound as much like just regular everyday reusable underwear as they can so people will think that is what they are. By having this campaign, it is obvioulsy a marketing strategy along those same lines, getting people to think of their product as just regular every day underwear, nothing wrong with them, everyone should wear them all the time! No talk about what they are designed for anymore at all! No talk about how they absorb when you wet or dribble or anything like that! No connection to incontinence or bladder leakeage at all and therefor no stigmas to that effect with this new market of people they are trying to create. Just regular underwear that we all need to be wearing all the time so they can make more money! Add to that the fact that this campaign is aimed at people under 50, and you can see how their goal is to just get everyone, people as young as 20, 30 (and who knows, maybe the 14 year olds too) to buy their products.

Look at TENA and other companies. They make the same thing, disposable underwear (although they might not look as much like boxers). Their commercials are still aimed at absorbency and bladder leakage even though they do show how slim fitting their product is. They are not telling everyone to buy their underwear for regular every day use if you don't need them. They are showing how well they absorb for people who actually need them. So, what is the real motivation behind Depends commercials and advertising campaigns? I'm sure they are very hypocritical and don't really care about the poor people with incontinence and bladder leakage and their feelings of shame, embaressment and the stigma that comes with having to wear a diaper or diaper-like undergarment past the oppertunity to make money off of these people. Lots of money! And now they are using those people as an excuse to try and get everyone else who doesn't need disposable underwear to buy them "in support" so they can make even more money. SHAME SHAME SHAME ON THEM! Rather than being supportive of other people in the situation of needing disposable underwear, they are doing nothing but using these poor people and their condition as a marketing ploy to get regular people to sympathise with them and wear disposable underpants "in support" of those with these problems! SHAME! You can dress a sow in satin and lace with makeup, eye shadow and $1,000 an ounce perfume, but in the end it is still a pig!

I remember when disposable adult diapers first came out Attends was one that you saw in most stores, then Depends with their belted undergarments. In a few years, Attends seemed to be taking a back seat to Depends even though Depends were the inferior brand. Even now days every grocery store stocks Depends and not a lot of other brands. It came down to marketing 25 years ago and it still comes down to marketing! The people with the strongest marketing and sales team will be the ones to survive and make it to the top reguardless of weather their product is the best or worst! And along those lines, the reputation amonge many people here is that Depends is one of the low end choices for diapers there is as far as performance. Could that be another reason Depends is trying to get regular people to buy their product when they don't really need them? It's quite possible that those people who really do need absorbent disposable underwear have discovered that there are many better brands than Depends, therefor rather than improving their product, Depends finds it easier and cheaper to start a campaign to get everyday people to buy their underwear to make up for the loss in business from those with bladder leakage who have found a better product. After all, if you wear them and don't really need to use them, then how are you going to discover they really might not be that good as bladder protection? It's a safe way to create a new market that won't discover your disposable underwear might not be that good for bladder leakage after all!

I am pretty sure that they are not saying for everyone to go out and wear them. I'm pretty sure that the point of having ordinary people wear them is to prove to hesitant in continent people that they can still maintain dignity… That's what I think they are trying to say… Even though you can't exactly get that with the depend products.
  • Like 1

I wore Depends fitted breifs maximum protection before i found out medicaid would buy my diapers, they are the best cheap diaper out there. For someone with little money they are good diapers. And alot of people out there only buy store brand diapers like depends cause they dont have credit cards to order online or phone or just dont like to order online or by phone. In Montana you go to the local store and you only got two choices Depends or the stores name brand.

I am pretty sure that they are not saying for everyone to go out and wear them. I'm pretty sure that the point of having ordinary people wear them is to prove to hesitant in continent people that they can still maintain dignity… That's what I think they are trying to say… Even though you can't exactly get that with the depend products.

As one who is incontinent, I applaud KC for their bold attempt at a new form of advertising. You are focusing too much on the diaper (or underwear- whatever) whereas I love seeing the statistics being mentioned about how prevalent IC is. To me the message is one of education. If this helps destigmatize (izzataword?) IC to the general population, then I'm OK with it.

They are taking a problem that a large portion of the population has, and bringing it out into the open. And as the country ages, more and more of these products will be needed. No one is getting any younger, and the boomers are deep into the aging process now.

Am I the only person to notice the greater issue with this media Campaign Kimberly Clark based on sales will donate 3 Million Dollars to a Charity, # million Dollars is absolutely NOTHING for a massive company like that,That is really an insult rather than a dignified Act of charity by a company that size,Hell they are spending more than 3 million to buy the Airtime for the commercials, I have written them a nasty letter telling them that.

I watched the ads and have read through all these comments. As to whether this "Underwareness" campaign destigmatizes only Depend wearers or diaper wearers in general, it strikes me that what WILL help all of us is that it is getting out the fact that there are, in fact, MANY people with bladder issues.

This is the best media exposure for diaper wearers of all time. Don't let perfect be the enemy of good... Yea it's not perfect and you can take issues with it. But make no miatake, this is helpful for people who wear diapers for whatever reason. Any effort to reduce the stigma people have, and share real info (love the stats they throw out) is good.

• 4 weeks later...

It sounds more like they're trying to rip off the ice bucket challenge.

Actually the depends commercial came out before the ice bucked challenge. And while I generally get a warm feeling with the depends, I'm still chilly to the challenge, especially given how stupid it is (even if it is for a good cause).