LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stent information, new technique, thoughts

Hi dlnoir,

Thank you for your detailed information.

Can you please explain how do you keep everything clean?

How do you sterilize the stent?

Sterilization for an appliance that is only used on one person is mostly unnecessary. Unless you are prone to UTI's

• Like 1

I'm not a doctor nor do I have any medical training in this matter, but conventional wisdom should tell everyone that you are probably best off if you follow the same practices those medical professionals do when inserting a cath. You can find those techniques and the products needed to follow them online without a prescription :) If you feel that you can get by doing differently then fine- it's your body to do with as you please. If you want to post the results of that here that is perfectly OK too so long as you make no claims of it being the medically accepted procedure ;)Nobody here has done otherwise as far as I can tell.

Common sense and intelligence

Ok children, that's ENOUGH <_<

Wetman, end the open sarcasm directed at anyone else on this site. And Diaperedalways, let the Moderators decide what is appropriate instead of responding to a post that way

Rule #1 here is "Don't be an ass" and we mean it. The rules are at the top of each forum- read them and don't push their limits because we don't like that. Anyone who causes a continuation of this little spat will be hearing from me in an Official capacity :o Back on topic and back to discussing, NOT BASHING.

Kevin, I do not see where the link you gave says sterilization is not medically recommended- can you point that out to me? And I note that it also does not cover insertion of a cath but only external maintenance afterward. I think the topic being discussed here is more aimed at the cath or stent insertion in itself. I certainly do agree that you need to always look into things for yourself before taking any action and that it's better to check several competent sources before deciding on veracity.

Bettypooh

Here's a bit better quote from the same site, just a different page.

Huh, In my many travels I have not heard anyone recommend you re-use a catheter. This does seem quite plausible though, as I too have seen/heard a few times that when at home you only need to worry about keeping clean- not sterile. It's only when you are in a hospital that your really need to worry about being sterile since you are being exposed to bacteria from other people which your body isn't already used to. When at home, your body is used to fighting off that same bad bacteria so there is less of a chance to get an infection from it. Using soap only keeps that bacteria count down which is all your body needs,

• 2 weeks later...
Now I 'm working on a stent to print through a 3D printer. The material would be flexible. I do not know the measurements of a stent. If someone could help me with the measures could send the 3D model. This is my prototype (measures in mm, suggestions are welcome ) :

Sin t

Edited by sandiaper