LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Every theme feeling done to death?

Is anybody else feeling this a bit lately? I still love ABDL (and similar/related) content, stories, drawings, etc, but perhaps due to some measure of overexposure and/or over-analysing things when going partially commercial, I seem to be feeling that everything is suddenly the same idea told over and over, to the point where I even just skip ahead in most stories now rather than work through the build up (which is at the same time what's necessary to make it so fun). Perhaps this is just what happens to most people at the ripe old age of twenty-eight and a half after years (/decades!) of awesome content exposure, but I've found myself increasingly turning to other fetishes now (despite wanting it to be ABDL, because that's the magical place for me), and even, heaven help me, thoughts of vanilla sex, for the first time in my life, like I've arrived at some sort of dystopian future.

It happens. It also happens in Hollywood too. Notice how they have the same things over and over but they use a different theme and story line. How many times have we seen in movies where someone works for a family to help take care of the kids and they are monsters or when a teacher decides to teach the class and the students act like monsters and he has to earn their respect somehow, same as the person who goes and works for a family and has to earn the kids respect somehow, how someone coming to work for a family and tries to take over, or someone wanting to ship a kid off to boarding school because they don't like children and they attempt to marry the kid's parent?

It happens. It also happens in Hollywood too. Notice how they have the same things over and over but they use a different theme and story line. How many times have we seen in movies where someone works for a family to help take care of the kids and they are monsters or when a teacher decides to teach the class and the students act like monsters and he has to earn their respect somehow, same as the person who goes and works for a family and has to earn the kids respect somehow, how someone coming to work for a family and tries to take over, or someone wanting to ship a kid off to boarding school because they don't like children and they attempt to marry the kid's parent?

• Like 1

I should have expanded though that I hardly meant this as an accusation against other writers, it's more a case of every time that I begin to start my own, these sorts of thoughts come to me.

Is anybody else feeling this a bit lately? I still love ABDL (and similar/related) content, stories, drawings, etc, but perhaps due to some measure of overexposure and/or over-analysing things when going partially commercial, I seem to be feeling that everything is suddenly the same idea told over and over, to the point where I even just skip ahead in most stories now rather than work through the build up (which is at the same time what's necessary to make it so fun). Perhaps this is just what happens to most people at the ripe old age of twenty-eight and a half after years (/decades!) of awesome content exposure, but I've found myself increasingly turning to other fetishes now (despite wanting it to be ABDL, because that's the magical place for me), and even, heaven help me, thoughts of vanilla sex, for the first time in my life, like I've arrived at some sort of dystopian future.

I agree completely, my story im working on now is not taking the route of baby related stuff, its supposed to be the one guy who everyone likes in highschool, but he becomes incontinent because of a drunk driver. Many stories have that but mine is where the protagonist accepts and adapts to the diapers rather than hating them.

There's only so much you can do with diaper stories. Hell, common tropes are seen even in main-stream fiction. There are a lot of vampire series. Some I really enjoy. The authors can each tell you how their vampire story is unique and special. However, I've seen some publishers and agents with "no vampire stories" in their submission guidelines.

Sometimes I do feel sometimes that the common diaper themes are hashed and rehashed....but as others have already commented, its what you do with the theme that makes the story interesting. There are many well written stories here, along with fap stories. I like the variety- different strokes for different folks and all that.

When I write, I usually don't pay attention to whether its a hashed and rehashed theme or not, so my stories most likely are lol. I usually just try to write the kind of story I'd like to read. Including vampire stories. XD. Actually, I think I read a diapered vampire story once.

In all five of my novels, the themes are different. I haven't found the urge to write redundant stories or repeat scenarios. I won't start writing a new AB/DL novel until I'm sure I have a brand new idea to present. Maybe that's why I'm only up to the letter "E," as in "Ever After." A subject for "F" hasn't hit me yet.

Hell, common tropes are seen even in main-stream fiction. There are a lot of vampire series. Some I really enjoy. The authors can each tell you how their vampire story is unique and special. However, I've seen some publishers and agents with "no vampire stories" in their submission guidelines.

The good news is, that on a long train trip today I ended up spending the whole time writing a story on my phone. It's always seemed that train trips are conductive to restoring my writing mojo. ^_^