LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

how can i play with lego at 25?

Buy the sets you want, but also buy a small selection of random lego ( ebay full of it )

playing with the regular sets can get boring very quickly, the fun starts when you start changing the designs and letting your imagination take over.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was given a lego set for Christmas this year, Halo tank. i never thought i would assemble it. one day i put on old school scooby doo on the tv dumped all the legos on the ground and it felt amazing to just play with them. before i realized it 5-6 hours had gone by. its one of those things that just made me regress to a time where i diddnt care about anything. have bought a few more sets and now its just normal. its cheap. just do it i say.

• 4 weeks later...

How about like this

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Isaac Hanson said if he weren't a musician he would be a professional lego builder -- just saying -- random fact of the day; oh by the way - Happy Hanson Day. It's 20 years since a little orange CD changed lives, and Frank Keating, governor of Oklahoma pronounced 6 May 1997 as Hanson Day

I love Legos. I wish I had more to play with. Do they still sell the non licensed versions? I'd love to get a big thing of Legos with no one single purpose to the set. Just let me build whatever I want. Same with K'nex kits. They always seem to only sell licensed versions, or at least that's all I ever see in stores.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I had the best fun at Christmas.  All four kids got lego for Christmas from their respective parents and I.  Christmas morning, I woke up in a wet nappy, we opened all the presents, and then for the next three or four hours, I sat at the table in my PJ's and an increasingly wet nappy building the lego for the kids.  They didn't know I was wearing a nappy, of course.  So we all had fun, building and playing with the sets. 

You don't necessarily need to buy Duplo to play with lego - buy the sets you want, and build and play and imagine.  Get that kiddo spark back!

I loved playing with my toy cars when I was a kid and I remember when my mom packed all my toys up when I was 14. She gave them to one of he friends son. I remember crying that night my mom came in and found me crying and she hugged me and told me she understood because I was growing up and I was letting my childhood go. What she didn't know was I really wasn't ready to grow up yet. 

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but it seems to have sparked up abit, so...

As for Lego’s, always have loved them! Still do, my wife and I, recently did 2 sets together, The Beatles, Yellow Submarine, and Scooby-Doo. Had a ball! I think, if you want to get down to a level of more childlike play, might be better off buying just the pieces, and not actual sets, or themes. Just imagine something, and then build from what you have. 

@ Marcus. I know what you are talking about. I never got over wanting to play with, especially my toy cars. I kept them well past childhood, and secretly played with them. I still have, lots of my Matchbox, and the like, that I played with so many years ago. My mom, was always trying to get rid of my childhood toys through the years. She would clean out my toy box, under my bed, closet, wherever, when I was in school. Then I would come home, see my stuff in the trash, and flip! Of course, I would immediately retrieve all the trashed items I could. She would yell, and say, but this is broken, so I threw it out! I never believed, or viewed something as being broken. A toy, always had other lives. I either fixed them, or would use them in something else. Or, in the case of a broken toy car, I would sometimes use them as parts, or smash them up to look like a real life wreck. I had a tow truck, so it needed something to tow away! Right? This was a constant, on going battle, between my mom, and I, through the years. She will still laugh, about trying to get things into the trash, without me noticing, in conversations to this day. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello,

I am what is called an AFOL (Adult Fan of Lego) and I'm 33 years of age. I am happy to say, that it is nowhere near weird or unusual for a grown up to want to play with Lego. Just be sure to clean up after yourself and you should be golden.

• 4 months later...

Last time I went to the mall to get a birthday gift for a niece, I went in the LEGO store and saw three grown men buying pieces in bulk. Clearly, they’re we’re watching buying themselves toys.

I have some legos from my childhood and some more recently acquired. LEGO was my favorite toy in my pre-teen years.

• 4 months later...

Lego make sets now clearly designed for adults! Some of their sets are 16+ (code word for adult I think ?) with prices to match. There are a few Star Wars models, such as the Death Star) which are $500+. Anyway, making Lego is super satisfying, but should always be done diapered!!

• 1 month later...

at 64 and very nearly 65 I'm still happily playing with lego nad have been since about 1960.  I've never needed an excuse but I now have a perfect excuse, I've recently had to have joint surgery on my hands so all my finger joints are now fixed with plates, wires and screws and one of the senior physiotherapists told me the best way to maintain my finger mobility was to either do jigsaws or play with any sort of lego but not Duplo as the small parts would help my hands, how lucky is that?  I usually play with Technics but my fiancee has a friend who is 43 who loves all the castle models and star wars stuff.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

How to play with lego? Unless you buy one of the themed kits, the first step is to engage with your imagination and think of something you would like to make and the get the bricks together with other bits and bobs putting them together in bit by bit on the board supplied. The Themekist have everything including instructions on which bit goes where.

The next bit involves you making a story involving that item that you move about or alter as it develops so the idea in your head for the object having been mad ebecomes te thing you now have an adventure during play with.

I play all the time with my lego.

• 1 year later...

Lego is my go to toy to play with when little - some modern sets - but most often building vintage sets from my youth, some my own from my childhood, some secondhand from eBay - luckily I can now afford the sets that I really wanted as a boy, but could not afford