LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Enema for fecal incon

Dayton:

Read up on enemas. Go hunt down John_Davis posts on here.

You won't like a cheapie...the problem is that the phosphate and salt in it are going to stimulate the heck out of the colon it touches, and it will push and push...even when nothing is left.

Take the cheapie phospho soda enema, throw out all but 1/4 to 1/8 of the bottle, fill up the rest with warm, not hot water, that's about the right formula...it won't bother you if it's too dilute.

The enemas don't cure incontinence...but they do create a window where people can be pretty sure their bowels won't empty. I am doing something a little different for a different issue...by putting plain yogurt in my enemas and retaining them for hours, I am altering the balance of my gut flora in the right direction, which is helping me, but I haven't discussed it with my docs yet. This keeps my belly fairly comfortable. I am only incontinent when I am far (15 minutes) from a bathroom, or on too much magnesium (tolerance is generally 800mg/day).

The difference between the cheapie and the fleets is the nozzle...fleets makes very sure theirs is smooth, the knockoffs don't bother. CVS sold me a rectal enema syringe bulb for about 10 bucks; it's blue, and holds about 8 oz, which is a good amount for my purposes.

Keep in mind that your intestine will rapidly absorb whatever you put there, so don't put anything in you wouldn't eat or drink. Which way water goes depends on how much salt is in that water; plain water will move into your bloodstream and salty water (like fleets) will pull it into your intestine. Oil will tend to pull vitamins from your bloodstream, so you don't want to do that too often.

Important: I am no doctor, I do not know your exact situation, cannot monitor for signs of danger, and this is not medical advice for which I can be held liable. You are urged to consult your own doctor and to.do your own research. Enemas are not without hazards both disclosed and undisclosed, as well as unknown, and you need to control them.

Who's Mr. Davis?

Here he is!

Spokane, GM24 is irritated because I spelled it out in the first line of the post you replied to, and that was clear to him.

GM24 and Dayton, the question is indeed harmless, not worth fighting about. GM24, you are coming across as RTFM, very exasperated. You will win more friends and influence more people if you take a more gentle, encouraging approach, or simply leaving the question unanswered. Spokane Girl is not the vast, ignorant, unwashed horde threatening to use up all of your time with repeated stupid questions.

Spokane, do you know how to find Mr Davis other posts, or do you need help with the search box in the upper right of the screen, at least on tablet and larger screens? Or is this a smartphone issue?

The person mentioned earlier in this thread. He has several very informative topics on bowel incontinence. You should do your looking before asking questions.

I looked and didn't see who that person still was so keep making rude posts to me, I will put you on ignore so I won't have to see them again. Final warning.

Here he is!

Spokane, GM24 is irritated because I spelled it out in the first line of the post you replied to, and that was clear to him.

GM24 and Dayton, the question is indeed harmless, not worth fighting about. GM24, you are coming across as RTFM, very exasperated. You will win more friends and influence more people if you take a more gentle, encouraging approach, or simply leaving the question unanswered. Spokane Girl is not the vast, ignorant, unwashed horde threatening to use up all of your time with repeated stupid questions.

Spokane, do you know how to find Mr Davis other posts, or do you need help with the search box in the upper right of the screen, at least on tablet and larger screens? Or is this a smartphone issue?

Spokane Girl

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=41414. (lost the urge) is wher I had hoped to send you. But search (in the upper right hand corner, seems to work like you might expect) is being pigheaded and won't reveal that thread if you search under "John Davis" in "this forum"(meaning medical incontinence forum). I had no idea it wasn't trivial until you complained and I decided to run a test!

We now discover that InvisionPowerBoard is being used to sow discord among us! Bad Software! Lol!

I am still glad Mr Davis stopped by. Back to our regularly scheduled support discussion.

No I don't know how to find his posts and I didn't know it was a username. Also ever since they have changed this forum, I am not allowed to view all the posts by everyone anymore from their profile like the other forums allow me to.

Not exactly for incontinence but I did recently have a double hemorrohidectomy. I was very constipated this morning and sat on my toilet for 30 min, in pain. I knew I had to go bad, but just couldn't. I don't have the right tools for one but I did accidentally find out once that if I sit in my hot tub in just the wrong spot I would get a jet up my rear. I jumped in with out a swim suit and one minute later was running to the toilet. Oh what relief...

Brian

In a pinch, just dump out a fleets from the drugstore (3/4, anyway) and fill with warm water. Use like normal, refill from the tap, and repeat once or twice. Oh, and if you have hemmorhoids, a half hour sitting on the pot is probably 25 minutes too long!

PS Spokane, I play "button, button, where is the @&$/! Button" way too much on a variety of computers, so I am sympathetic.

Thanks, now I just wish people will get off their high horses. It's great some have no issue with forum changes or website changes and can figure it out fast but not everyone is good at it.

Brian

In a pinch, just dump out a fleets from the drugstore (3/4, anyway) and fill with warm water. Use like normal, refill from the tap, and repeat once or twice. Oh, and if you have hemmorhoids, a half hour sitting on the pot is probably 25 minutes too long!

The problem was that I didn't have a fleets enema, or any other one for that matter. I made do though. And yes, that was 25 minutes too long, not to mention the 30 min after I did my enema and sat on the toilet in more pain. At least I was producing though.

Thanks, now I just wish people will get off their high horses. It's great some have no issue with forum changes or website changes and can figure it out fast but not everyone is good at it.

But-but-but my horse *IS* sixteen hands high! Lol