LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Changing before bed

That's easier said than done. I sleep on my side (always have as long as I can remember), simply because I normally can't fall asleep on my back or stomach. I have to be pretty sick or laid up in a hospital bed to sleep on my back, front, reclined, etc.

Also, I have had knee and leg surgeries that only seem to let me get comfortable when I'm on my side with my hips rotated forward some (so my knees are bent but not on top of each other). If I have my legs extended out for any long period of time then my joints will lock up and I will wake up extremely sore.

So no, not all side sleepers can change their position.

I use the dry247's all the time and add a babykins all in one at bed time. http://www.babykins.com/store/all-in-one-adult-diapers/

I very rarely leak at night and I am a very active sleeper. (Tossing and turning..) biggest issue I have is that when sitting down my bladder tends to fill to overflow and then flood out which causes the diaper to fill up in the front and then start flowing over the hips that causes leaks. Currently in a wheelchair 8-9 hrs a day. When standing I get smaller releases every 10-15 minutes that I generally don't know about. Sort of wish they could come out with a diaper with a built in sheath that would direct everything basically inside the diaper and allow both the front and back to fill up at the same time. Really think that would solve a lot of issues.

• Like 1

That's more a point for improved wicking. Molicare supers do a decent job of this (even while sitting), but they don't use very much sap. Dry 24/7 does use a lot of sap, so by design they are made to absorb and hold your pee without letting it spread very far.

It's a shame someone can't combine both into one, but I'm guessing that would make it too expensive to produce.

As compared to what? It sounds like you or she is already doing a lot of laundry with the bed sheets.

compared to just tossing a sheet and a kylie in to the wash where as nappies need soaking and a lot more work than disposables. I can see her point.

I don't soak my cloth diapers, and don't see why I should either. After taking them off I put them into a diaper pail for up to three days. Once I have 3 or 4 diapers in the pail I do my laundry mostly as I would any other laundry. The only difference is that with my cloth diapers I use dreft and vinegar, while also selecting a heavy wash cycle. Ultimately, washing cloth diapers doesn't take any more effort than washing the same number of wet bed sheets would. It really is just a matter of whether or not you want a wet bed to wash, or wet cloth diapers. Personally I think not having a wet bed is better, but that's just me.

• 6 months later...

I've read several posts about people who started wearing to bed 4-7 times a week and then begin to start wetting in their sleep which means they are now required To wear to bed. I wear thick disposable diapers to bed just for pleasure as often as I can. Anybody have some knowledge on the subject. Also, I see you guys posting about how good cloth diapers are for sleeping. Any recommendations on a brand and best place to order

Brian,

That is an interesting technique and seems to have well worked for you. I may try something similar using a booster pad. I'll post something if it works for me.

This is why I like these forums. I never would have found an idea like that on a medical site. :)

--John

I'm not sure a booster pad would work. I believe it's because of the leak guard on the baby diaper that greatly slows down my flow. Even when it's already soaked I can often feel the baby diaper absorb nearly all of my pee before it leaks- which of course allows my adult diaper to slowly absorb it.

At booster pad folded in half still won't have anything to prevent pee from running straight out the side. It might still work at least a little though. Give it a try and let us know.

• 1 year later...
On 21/01/2014 at 6:34 PM, Codyboy said:

I usually never change before bed unless I know it's going to leak. If i do pee pee before bed, I go to bed with a slightly wet diaper until it needs changing. no need to waste a diaper.

Same here I often don't bother changing before bed

• 1 month later...

My current diaper is the only one I have NOT had a leakage problem with, ABU Little Pawz. In fact I have yet to fill one to capacity, believe me, I've tried, every time I think "It's got to be to the bursting point!" I open it up and its still only 1/2-maybe 3/4 used, Sure, results may vary from person to person, but these are impressive, better be for what I pay for them, only ones I buy now, rather spend more on something that lasts than those cheap POS's from the stores which leak like a siv. Learned to never buy those except in extreme emergencies. Also, I usually only change if its starting to sag, ABU's hold a lot, but I prefer to play it safe.

Nope, ABU's are pretty much "Out of pocket" type diapers, They are worth it, but lets just say my spending on hobbies was curtailed to keep in stock (I'm a gamer) sut better these than the cheaply made "Brand Name" stuff which love to claim things like "Our most absorbent product ever!" or "Will keep you dry all night!"... uh huh.. fell for those lines once.. those guys are full of it.