LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing cloth diapers 24/7

Does anyone wear cloth diapers (not cloth backed disposables) 24/7?

Looking for advice from those that have to work outside the house and how they hide the thickness of a cloth diaper.

I'm trying to find a way that I can wear cloth diapers to work. I am slowing working to wear cloth diapers pretty much a 100% of the time. I've just ordered 2 Japanese diaper covers with the water proof liner inside to try and see if they work and there thin. I will use a baby cloth diaper for inserts. I have recently purchase more than 300 baby cloth diapers for inserts so those will work great for daytime as well as night time. I'm just looking for a cloth diaper cover that works. I see thousands of baby versions all over the place. At night thickness doesn't matter to me, I don't need to be discreet so I just wear thick diapers. During the day, different story, I don't need others seeing my padded butt waddling around work.

Please help with advice!

Also, does anyone know of a person or company that make adult size that look like these?

post-1935-0-97955000-1390021896_thumb.jp

post-1935-0-65350700-1390021906_thumb.jp

post-1935-0-45763300-1390021916_thumb.jp

post-1935-0-50949300-1390022026_thumb.jp

post-1935-0-97955000-1390021896_thumb.jp

post-1935-0-65350700-1390021906_thumb.jp

post-1935-0-45763300-1390021916_thumb.jp

post-1935-0-50949300-1390022026_thumb.jp

I bought the LeakMaster PUL pull up pants, and for cloth I went with LeakMaster gauze day for day wear, and the night for overnight usage. Snappis are a must. I bought one size bigger levis, and use a babykins onzie to keep everything snug and discrete. This lasts me about 4 hours between changes, and works rather well.

Does anyone wear cloth diapers (not cloth backed disposables) 24/7?

Looking for advice from those that have to work outside the house and how they hide the thickness of a cloth diaper.

During the day, different story, I don't need others seeing my padded butt waddling around work.

I gotta say that in my experience wearing cloth in the day time and out in public is difficult depending on how tight your street clothes. I'm not sure if anyones proven this but to me disposables are good the tighter they are to your body. With cloth and plastic pants I find they work well for nighttime because you can wet them and not worry about hiding/keeping them concealed which makes them absorb more. I've ran errands, gone to bars, etc a few times in fairly think cloth diapers and while they were nicely covered they leaked eventually because my pants were to tight. I'd say if you have a choice in the matter

i agree carsfan, however i don't have enough to go 24/7 or if i do i can't as i still live at home and lost my job *shrugs* but i heard on a different website which i don't remember the name since it's been a few years, that if your wearing cloth 24/7 or are looking to then it's a good idea to wear pants/shirts 1- 2 sizes bigger than you normally wear. also for the plastic pants, you should go the next size up. i wear medium sized prefolds but wear a size xl plastic pant mostly becuase i like them thick and am a heavy wetter. plastic pants should kinda baloon out at the waist and around the legs, just look at '50's era baby pics and you'll see what i'm talking about. also it's important that you use dove or ivory bar soap ONLY on your diaper area, use a different washcloth for the rest of your body, i know it's a pain, but you don't want to spread bacteria all over the place!!! you should also shower once in the morining and before you go to bed to help get rid of bacteria. also a good wash routine involving white vinegar or bleach is a must for controlling that wet diaper smell. while you may love it, i can guarentee the person next to you doesn't!!! other than that drink at least 8, 8 oz glasses of water a day, more is better though.

Hey, Thad, I should have added I'm not 24/7 ether. I'm in the exact same position as you with living at home. I'n my case I'm still in school so my diaper time and cloth in particular is pretty limited. I only have 3 diapers and some inserts and plastic pants and thusly not enough supply for extended use.

at carsfan* ah, i've bought one or two prefolds at a time and thusly have about 2 dozen right now, i've only got half a dozen plastic pants though and those are... well worn to the point of rips along the legbands, lol but alas no job means no new plastic pants thus i'll have to suffer in silence.

Wow, thats a lot of stuff, Thad . Where do you get your pre folds from? I've always been curious about them but always thought it too challenging to put on myself. I only have one pull up style one and two with velcro tabs, one which is thicker and better for night use. My goal is to get up to 7 thick night time diapers and 7 stuffers and plastic pants ,but thats a little ways off.

that's a great goal, just remember to buy one or two so you don't get slammed with a big number and start doubting yourself on weather it's worth it. as for where i got them, i THINK i got them through fetwear, but i can't be 100% certain as i haven't bought anything new in like a year and a half, lol. i too have a velcro one, but the velcro stuff is really scratchy on my skin and it doesn't fit right on me, the legs are too lose.

as for it being too challenging, you just have to get used to and KNOW how to properly pin it on yourself so the legs and waist are very snug, after you do that, you hardly have to deal with a droopy diaper even when it's wet. i'm not sure if this is allowed as i never posted a link before, but after looking around i found the website again that shows a way to pin them on so it doesn't droop down. http://www.incontinentsupport.org/chap9a.php if it's not allowed, i appologize.

this primer has lots of good and interesting info in it.

I have been wearing cloth for years to work and all night.

I just tried a new product call Snap EZ.

These are pocket diapers and waterproof.

Great adjusting snaps for any size baby adult

Great colors and all you need to do is put a prefold in the pocket and you are good for the day.

post-18526-0-28915400-1390840767_thumb.j

post-18526-0-28915400-1390840767_thumb.j

• Like 1

the Babykins rubber panties have sturdy, tight elastics and hold everything in place. I guess that is why quite a few people at DPF recommended rubber over plastic panties. And mine get pretty heavy after 8 or 10 hours. Also you do not have the fit problems

I took the advice of Warpipe and visited ebay. I message the woman that makes the Dependco and she actually sent me to her website. I didn't know that she had a site. BTW better pricing on the website than on Ebay. She makes a diaper cover that works fantastic for me during the day. Very thin waterproof diaper cover with 4 velcro tabs that hold very tight which I like. I wear the diaper cover with an extra large baby cloth prefold diaper, medium one and a newborn prefold across the front. I can wear it for about 4 hours, the changing is very easy, i just through the used one in a wetbag and when I get home it all gets thrown in the wash. Very discreet too, I love wearing cloth now. Great for the enviroment and I don't overflow the garbage everyweek with just diapers.

• 4 weeks later...

When I wear 24/7 a guaze prefold day weight cloth diaper from AngelFluff is my choice. Also a plastic pant is needed, that is also from AngelFluff made by Gary. Currently the plastic panty I am wearing has

I take care of my own

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a 24/7 cloth wearer. It took me a long time figure out a good balance between absorbency and concealment. I finally found my perfect spot thanks to a lady on etsy who was willing to work with me to find the right solution. I now wear training pants and a PUL cover every day.

My training pants are made up of two layers of terry sandwiching a layer of Zorb with a layer of antiwicking fabric against my skin.

Works really good and now I can go all day without worrying about leaks.

Also if you're worried about flashing the absolute best thing I have found to conceal a diaper without having to wear a onesie is

Nike golf shorts. They seem to have a higher waist and feel really good. If you prefer to wear jeans I find that Duluth tradings ball room jeans work well also.

Hope this helps and if you are interested in the lady that makes my stuff her store name on etsy is sophiesnugglebunny.

I'm a 24/7 cloth wearer. It took me a long time figure out a good balance between absorbency and concealment. I finally found my perfect spot thanks to a lady on etsy who was willing to work with me to find the right solution. I now wear training pants and a PUL cover every day.

My training pants are made up of two layers of terry sandwiching a layer of Zorb with a layer of antiwicking fabric against my skin.

Works really good and now I can go all day without worrying about leaks.

Also if you're worried about flashing the absolute best thing I have found to conceal a diaper without having to wear a onesie is

Nike golf shorts. They seem to have a higher waist and feel really good. If you prefer to wear jeans I find that Duluth tradings ball room jeans work well also.

Hope this helps and if you are interested in the lady that makes my stuff her store name on etsy is sophiesnugglebunny.

You'd think that but honestly they feel like a diaper. They are every it as thick and at least to me contain better. I have a few prefolds and I can't tell you how many times they leaked on me when I'm asleep. The training pants on the other hand have only done it in extreme conditions.

When sophie and I first started talking I made it clear that function took top priority over form. So my training pants are quite thick.

As far as what I put them in I carry a single strap backpack with a couple changes and some ziplock bags. The odor is another issue entirely. I have a large plastic bin with a lid that I put them in between washes that does pretty good at keeping the odor contained within the bin. I wash them about every other day and spray the bin down with Lysol to keep bacteria down.