LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The "Oh, Come On!" Factor in Writing Stories

This possibly could've been placed in the "pet peeves" section of the forum, but I felt the need to share this after reading some stories.

You said it well! Many people write just to "hear themselves talk." They don't think about how someone else will view it. They don't ask themselves, "Is it interesting to a number of people, or is it just interesting to me?' Others write just for the shock value. If the story really is an "oh come on" one, I couldn't imagine it would start out good and then get bad. It would most likely be bad from the beginning. Before I even judge the content of a story, I look at the grammar usage and spelling. If sentence structure is really off and there are too many misspelled words, then I quit reading...which usually occurs within the first two sentences.

• Like 1

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with writing an "oh, come on" kind of story, but they should be kept in your personal computer files and not plastered all over the internet. We have more than enough already.

• Like 1

You said it well! Many people write just to "hear themselves talk." They don't think about how someone else will view it. They don't ask themselves, "Is it interesting to a number of people, or is it just interesting to me?' Others write just for the shock value. If the story really is an "oh come on" one, I couldn't imagine it would start out good and then get bad. It would most likely be bad from the beginning. Before I even judge the content of a story, I look at the grammar usage and spelling. If sentence structure is really off and there are too many misspelled words, then I quit reading...which usually occurs within the first two sentences.

• Like 1

Far from getting upset when reading an "Oh, Come On!" moment in a diaper fantasy, I embrace it. What to me is a PIA is reading fiction where the fantasy is duller than real life.

• 4 weeks later...

Dr_J, you are right. I write for myself as well in hopes that others will enjoy it, too. I don't post stories on this forum because I write complete novels to be published. It is much easier to develop characters in chapters rather than to try condensing everything into a short story. I'm in the process of waiting for "writer's block" to go away on my most recent novel, Ever After. It's about 3/4 done, but I want to add a twist to it so that it isn't repetitive.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found that there's been a few stories over the years with a fantastic build up, spanning many chapters and days in story time, which then just suddenly rapidly switch to a full diapered lifestyle in the space of about 20 minutes in the character's time, with all the subtlety suddenly gone and all of the protagonist's mental maturity suddenly removed in one complete swoop, which does tend to really hurt the story imo, from a believability angle.

One thing I cannot stand are "chapters" that are a few sentences long or a paragraph long. That is not even a chapter and that is hardly anything. I avoid stories that are written that way. I also wish for chapters to be numbered like it's a book but I still read them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Dill, I think you missed the point of my post. I wasn't even trying to get a discussion going about the mechanics of tea and coffee. I was attempting to show the life of a person going about his morning routine as opposed to simply starting a story with "This person was a normal person". Sorry, I thought that was clear.

My "oh come on!" moment when writing is realizing that I have a good starting concept, or a good premise that I either knowingly or unknowingly pad out by repeating the same thing over and over. I feel like my writing has no concept of being long but concise. I try to make my stories good and long but my problem is that most of the middle parts of my stories is just fluff. The plot doesn't move and I could've summed up all the goings on in sometimes

• 2 months later...

My "oh come on!" moment when writing is realizing that I have a good starting concept, or a good premise that I either knowingly or unknowingly pad out by repeating the same thing over and over. I feel like my writing has no concept of being long but concise. I try to make my stories good and long but my problem is that most of the middle parts of my stories is just fluff. The plot doesn't move and I could've summed up all the goings on in sometimes

I personal pet peeve is when people choose to not give a story a basic once-over in terms of editing. I will NOT read a story that's not edited or poorly edited.

I personal pet peeve is when people choose to not give a story a basic once-over in terms of editing. I will NOT read a story that's not edited or poorly edited.