LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tommy from DPF

That's a start and it's less than 3 hrs old

Well, now it's up to 2 members which is OK since ABDL Pixel is not very active

I set it up there since that is where I got the idea from a post "a group hug for the DPF orphans" and because it was easier to set it up there. All I had to do was "Create Group" and set up the parameters and it will take care of itself. Here I would have to rewquest a private forum and do some design, anti-troll and "pin" work like I did with the RUFFLES & RIBBONS GIRLS' HOME "group". I also included Wetville since that was contemporary to the DPF website. But you do have to register to use it

http://abdlpixel.com/group/266

• 6 months later...

Good ole DPF. That was the first ABDL website I found. It was sometime in '99 or '00 when I first found it. I had joined the AF in '99. I was living in my own room with my own computer in the dorms. I guess having privacy and freedom made me finally search for others with similar interests. The forums, if you want to call it that, weren't organized very well. Sometime around 2006/7, they went downhill. Mostly just a bunch of crap and spammers. Noticing how bad it got, I searched for some other websites and forums. That's when I found DD.

If you search YouTube for "Adult Babies On The Jerry Springer Show", the first result that pops up is an interview with Tommy! He ain't dead, he's just sealed in the Internet!

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

When was Tommy no longer with us? He was a pioneer to our benefit.

I found DPF fairly quickly when I first joined the Internet in 1996. Tommy was not obviously present then. For years DPF and HB Enterprises were the only good sources. I bought from both of them.

Tommy and his DPF are seen by comparison with the other ABDL websites. Curiously Daily Di, Forever-A-Kid (now closed), and Fetware all opened in 1999, about the time DPF began to feel stale. I miss Marcie of FAK, but her first child must be 13, 14, or 15 now, and yes, things change. Let's see how this would work in her Point of View to her children approaching puberty. "Why yes, honey, I make clothing for your ABDL uncle, and have made a business out of it. What's an ABDL? Well, ..." I haven't found an ABDL clothing source as good as hers - or maybe I like less frenetic websites. What to say to her kids is a moment when Marcie and the rest of us need Tommy.

Observations from Tommy over time filtered through the internet noise. One of those from his experiences was that ABDLs seemed to come from the more intellectual professions - like lawyers. I do not know if that was or is true, but he thought so enough to say so. I'd like to know more and have updated information. I'm drafting a survey on work and careers to propose to Mike for Daily Di.

Tommy had children (maybe 2), was divorced, and said he was about 60% gay. I liked the way he said that. He had a broad enough experience to be a credible commentator on the ABDL corner of the world. Both Tommy and HB Jones made a few very credible comments on ABDLs before we had Mike's comments on the Daily Di "About Us" webpage. HB Jones said she had met about 2,000 adult babies and their wives and sweethearts. As of her comment she was only talking about male ABDLs. Mike on Daily Di is the first and only to say there is a 40%/60% ratio of women to men. I believe him. Divide 2,000 into the population of the UK is the only credible estimate of ABDLs I have ever seen of about 1 in 20,000. 20,000 divided into the population of 5mm in the Atlanta, Georgia, area, which is about the population of Norway, makes for 250 ABDLs in one place. Tommy made a sincere effort for ABDLs to connect and meet, but it never really took off and fizzled. I would like us to do better, but haven't figured out how. Perhaps, we could call it "Tommy's Place".

Tommy found diapers in his young twenties after serving in the military. I sense a Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome here, but he never said enough about himself to know that.

Tommy said the story Ritchie was the most popular story he had ever had on DPF, and said he released it to the public domain. It is on the Daily Di story page, and I hope you read it and reply here on what you think of his comment on it.

I sensed he was declining from the increasing staleness of the DPF site. Then he said he was of ill health and wanted to sell DPF. I wish I could remember the year. No buyers. By then providers to ABDLs used E-Bay and did not need their own website so much.

Tommy acquired an "Amber" product line. That may have only been plastic pants, but I do not really know. Tommy provided a date of 1980 for the start of the Amber line. That date gives us a sense of when there were enough ABDLs in the San Francisco area to become a market.

Tommy posted or repeated a few things that I wish we had his original words. One of those I thought highly of, may have been from Tommy, was a comment to a mother of a 7 or 8 year old who wanted to be in diapers again. Mom was perplexed. Whoever responded said to her to ask herself and her son what was the source of stress in the kid's life. Fix that. If the kid was hooked on diapers at that age beware his going underground. Encourage talking because that will be the most important thing in that child's life. I agree. I'll propose a survey to Mike on the age question. Tommy would want us to.

My personal faith opinion is that Our Creator is loving and forgiving. I hope so. The theme applies to DPF and to here at Daily Di of "no matter who you are, or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome here". I hope Tommy was admitted to Heaven. Thank you Tommy for all that you did for all of us.

In memory of Tommy.

• 2 months later...

Such fond memories of Tommy and the life he gave many of us. Like many others he was the reason I was able to find out I was not alone and able to become who I am today. DPF was all there was in the late 80's.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

DPF is how I found that I was not alone in this AB/DL world.  Though I am not a AB I still relate to them.  I can remember going to the Library just to get on DPF.  I would also go to the store the Wiz before they closed for good.  And go on there computers to go on DPF I got caught on there on a site that should not be on.  I was kicked out many of times from security.

I got to move in with a friend who had a computer in their basement I would then go on dpf when I got home from work.  I really made some nice friends on there though it has been so many years since I remember the user names of the people on there.

I thank Tommy for bringing DPF to me so I can not be alone.

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2014 at 12:47 PM, timmyc said:

I could have sworn that I'd replied to this topic long ago. Perhaps my comment was among those which were lost.

It was, through jokingly typing "diapers" in a search engine among friends in my H.S. computer lab, that I'd discovered I was not alone. I laughed and closed the site, only to revisit it when I got home. I was one of several adolescents, among far too many adults, who posted to the teen section, and that section only. It was my second home, but eye-opening in more ways than one, as a source of both positive, and negative experiences.

Despite the inaugural sense of community, I also was invited by a man twice my age to come over to his house, and join him for a "cool ba-ba," including a picture which featured him tearing off his too-tight overalls, exposing his diaper. This frightened me, and has prevented me from engaging with any others in my region.

Despite my name change, 21 years later, he now follows me on this site, likely unaware of who I was. I truly do believe it is a coincidence. Nonetheless, when I saw that name, every forgotten component of that email, sent years prior, returned to me with absolute clarity.

That, of course, is not Tommy's fault, may he rest in peace. I truly do appreciate his contributions to our community. The internet was young then, and was as lawless as the old west.

On 5/12/2015 at 10:31 PM, Diapered Wookie said:

Good ole DPF. That was the first ABDL website I found. It was sometime in '99 or '00 when I first found it. I had joined the AF in '99. I was living in my own room with my own computer in the dorms. I guess having privacy and freedom made me finally search for others with similar interests. The forums, if you want to call it that, weren't organized very well. Sometime around 2006/7, they went downhill. Mostly just a bunch of crap and spammers. Noticing how bad it got, I searched for some other websites and forums. That's when I found DD.

Yup. Found it in the middle 1990's. Along with Babykins. I bought stuff from Babykins, Comco, and a tad later, LL Medico (who only sold plastic/vinyl pants at the time).  Even back then there was a lot vinyl and cloth diapers. Not so much for disposable. Ah... the good old days. As for today, much improved!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I first learned of DPF, and the fact that I was not alone in the fall of 1992.  I was watching an episode of Phil Donahue when Tommy and other ABDLs were on the show being interviewed.   I was in shock.  I had no idea that there were others like me.  I wrote the show for contact info and then I joined DPF after getting a letter from Tommy.  Then, every other month I looked forward to getting the new "DPF Roster" with names, addresses, and phone numbers of ABDLs from around the world.   When DPF started going down, a huge hole was created that has never been filled by any website. 

Part of this is the nature of the internet itself.  Ironically, in the "internet age" ABDL s are much more afraid of being open than they were in the early 1990s when DPF was publishing their addresses and phone numbers.  Back then, you HAD to be a member of DPF to get the phone numbers and addresses of other ABDLs.  Today, anyone can visit and access a ABDL website.  Back then, when DPF was around, we were a "closed club" and had no fear of Trolls and psychos who hate us and hunt us on the internet in order to "dox" us to our employers and families.  Ironically, DPF was much more private.

Tommy and DPF are sorely missed.  RIP Tommy. 

• 1 month later...

Wow! I wondered for years why I couldn't find dpf anymore. I found dpf around '00-'01 somewhere by accident. The relief I felt when I found dpf was like a weight lifted from my shoulder knowing finally that I'm not alone and not crazy. From there I found more sites that no longer exist sadly.

Ilovediapers, ilovediapers2, big-baby, bb-net. Among countless others that have come and gone and the pay sites. 

Tommy was and continues to be my hero, he was my first find with the most content. In the personals I went by Baby JJ. I enjoyed all the stories, I felt envious of everyone able to afford buying plastic pants from there as I was too broke to afford them...I just loved dpf and miss it. 

Wow that really brings back memories...dial-up internet, took ages to load a page or a single image. I wish I could find an online archives of all the old ab/dl sites. 

Then there was the msn groups and Yahoo groups when they were active. I bravely posted a few of my pics in an msn group and gotten requests for more but never got around to it. I forgot the name of the group as I joined every group I could. 

Anyway I'm rambling off topic, my apologies. 

R.I.P. Tommy 

You may be gone but you'll never be forgotten, you brought us all together ❤️

• 3 months later...

I had been living and keeping this deep dark secret of mine for several years. I both loved and hated my need for diapers. The constant feelings of guilt and fear I was the Only one like this didn’t help. What had started as a fix for my wetting accidents in elementary school blossomed into a real need and desire to wear as much as possible.

Several visits to adult book stores, (pre-internet) and scouring through Penthouse Variations and Forum magazines for anyone into this fetish. One particular ad caught my eye and changed my life,forever. A sketch of a guy in a bonnet and a diaper and the words do “ Diaper Pail Friends across the ad.  I was enthralled and it opened my eyes to  freedom and joy and  empowerment that I was not alone.

i loved and longed for the monthly roster and all of the code letters we had to decipher.  Finding people in my own area was beyond imagination.  I still have friend s today that I met through DPF. People said it was horrible and filled with trolls but I never saw that side of it.  Finding DPF back than was as exciting as discovering all things ABDL related, on the Internet today. 

• 6 months later...
On 7/17/2014 at 7:48 AM, vaquad said:

He was the first major ABDL ambassador and I do not think we would be here without him.

Totally agree.

The man was a true champion for our culture, and without his tireless efforts, those of us over 30 would have needed to wait another 10 years to realize we weren't alone.

He had a heart of gold and was courageous enough to serve as a good ambassador for all of us, long before the world became accepting of anything which deviated from the mainstream.

The website was passed on to someone else, I forget who that was, but the original diaperpailfriends.com domain expired long before abyclub.com. I first found the website at 13, and the profound sense of relief that I was "not alone" is one of the most vivid memories I have to this day.

Tommy is certainly a man (or maybe a baby boy) who deserves to be remembered. As far as I know, he's the one who started to bring us together, whether by his publications or via the internet. An inspiration for everything which came afterwards.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

A late Goodbye...l too was a DPF member back in the 80's  and remember Tommy quite fondly as l believe he was a prominent ground  breaker for abdl's at the time..it was a great abdl info,pix and hookup zine..as well as "Mommy Florence" and "Carolyn's kids"..it was soo exciting to get a letter from an abdl back in the day..l actually had a couple meetings through DPF..Thank You Tommy and Any and All friends..l'll not soon forget you...:)