LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does the 12 month program work?

Does the 12 month diaper program work?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Strictly following the 12 month diaper program will make you incontinent

• True
    • Not sure
    • Not true

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is with that. The mental blocks still exist.

You have yet to change the status quo.

For 99% of your life. That type of protection is unrealistic.

The opposite is much more reliable.

Getting to the point of realization and acceptance.

Going through every scenario from day one and putting yourself in the awkward ones. Delibiertly when the pressure is off. Until you have it perfected.

Also. Putting yourself in situations know will come up

I wet my bed. Without any bed protection (mattress or otherwise) for a month straight.

I got to to the point where I could sleep in smelly disgusting sheets and pea soaked mattress through the night without issue.

I put myself in situations I knew I would leak. Prove it was not the end of the world.

You have to knock the mental blocks down in order to make physical progress and create that unconscious habit

I have to agree. My fear of wetting with my wife in bed vanished when she caught me trying to cover up the wet spot on the sheets with a towel. My bedpad always moves... So sometimes when I wet and leak, there is nothing blocking it from hitting the sheets.

The fact that she said not to worry about it made me feel so much better. Wetting the bed at my mother in laws however is still nerve racking because I know the bed isn't mattress protected and while she now knows I still don't want to have to deal with that colossal embarrassment.

Spargano

I woke up early last night (or was it this morning) and peed. I felt my diaper had leaked and I had wet the bed. Oh well, at least I was able to go back to sleep. I later took care of my mattress in the morning as I often do.

So I'll give a quick update on my own success. It has been almost 19 months now since I've decided to go 24/7. Regarding the 12 months, it will (in most people's cases) take longer than 12 months to reach that incontinent feeling. I will say around the 12-13 month period is when I realized that I was no longer able to flood a diaper. I would go, even if it hadn't in some time and thought I had a lot of fluid to pass, but in reality, not that much came out. Not flooding diapers is a good indicator your passing enough in a short matter of time and your keeping your bladder small. They'll obviously still leak if you exceed their capacity,but not in one go.

I'm not pursuing IC though I may still :blush: What I am doing is not worrying about wetting since I am always diapered, and that has made it a lot easier to 'go' when I need to. It has also let my SI symptoms act, so that very frequently when I move from one position to another I will leak a ittle bit. How strong the SI is still varies a lot though. My UI symptoms have mostly disappeared; it seems that my bladder now knows that it's mostly empty so there's no point :lol: I think the key is to not interfere when you feel the need to pee- ever. Even if you know your diaper is going to leak don't try to control it- accept the leak instead. Embrace it as a sign that you're going where you want to go and making progress. How you look at things can change what was once a negative into a positive B)

Now I am sure that if I really, really tried hard I might perhaps be able to restart some muscle toning to regain, over a long period of time, some continence. It would be very hard to do, might even need meds to help kick start the muscles contracting. But I would say another year or so and it'll be about impossible to ever get any response. And from what most people say, once you become an adult bed wetter (or bed wetter again), it is almost impossible to stop. So even if you do regain continence, good chance you'll still need protection at night. Hope some of this information helps!