LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does the 12 month program work?

Does the 12 month diaper program work?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Strictly following the 12 month diaper program will make you incontinent

• True
    • Not sure
    • Not true

Ive heard thatsome people still contain some bladder control but will have some accidents which diapers are needed to control embarrassing accidents. Some peoplecan lose total control. But if you decide to follow it be prepared that you will have accidents from time to time and need diapers to control it. The accidents are both mentally and physically cause. I became partially incontinent three and a half years ago due to loss of fight with over active bladder. A pshyc medicine that causes leaks and part time wetting of diapers all three were told to me my several doctors on fet life . And since I have been wearing diapers 24/7 and only wettingmy diapers have lost most if not all controll of my bladder. This is one of the reasons doctors dont like prescribing diapers cause they can deteriate ones condition, and they like to tryto cure your problem, but the thing with pills is that if they work you will lb still have some accidents and they are 100% effective and have bad side effects. So warning make sure that incontinence is after cause it is hard to reverse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

diaperboy6, you may want to see a urologist or a psychiatrist about this. Yes, un-potty training will atrophy your muscles but it really is completely mental, and will not leave any permanent muscle damage. Potty training (just like the first time you did it), will strengthen your muscles until it becomes muscle memory (ingrained). If you're unable to fully, re-potty train yourself then it may be a symptom of something more serious- or even just an unconscious desire to continue wetting.

@Brian

There are numerous studies that this type of activity can become permanent.

From not just the atrophy- but loss of elasticity within the bladder- as well as a calcium like build up in the bladder walls.

The urethra, sphincters and bladder nerves can actually stop responding- sending signals to the brain- requiring surgery, and that is not a guarantee fix.

There are also studies that after five years of continues atrophy of a perfectly good muscle (in this case eyes- in pitch black) eyesight never returned- for the lifetime of the individual. This is due to atrophy- combined with muscle damage being irreversible.

There is a point- different for everyone where mental becomes physical, the physical overlays with mental- at a certain point- when you get to that point- go forward 5 years and your dealing with very severe physical issues.

-Blake-

Blake, I stand corrected. Long term atrophy absolutely can have long term side effects, but I was unaware those effects may not be reversible at all... I was personally thinking of having completely broken (and nearly lost) my left leg. I was in a full leg cast for a full year, then in an immobilizer brace for another year. Afterwards my leg had completely atrophied and could not even support my own weight. After another 10+/- years of rehab, surgeries, and constant exercise I was actually able to run again (although badly). My doctor warned me I would shorten my knees remaining life span if I didn't limit myself, but my point is that I had recovered about 75% of what I had lost (though with much pain too), and was on the way to a full recovery- even in my case.

I get that- I broke my arm- didn't heal correctly- surgeon re broke it. In the end it was an 18 month ordeal of no use of my arm.- I'm at the 5 year mark- and just finally starting to feel somewhat normal in my day to day use.

In my examples above, both the elasticity can combine with a thick layer of calcification- making the max bladder capacity a few oz.- even if you strengthened the bladder again- due to thick walls, and no flexibility.

The nerve issue can be one or both- signals being completely ignored, or literal nerve damage of the sphincter and bladders/urethra.

Lastly due to non-use over extended periods- (think the effects of getting in the relaxed- all the time, reverse kegal exercises basically at a subconscious level- 24/7.) the atrophy turns to a point where the muscle tissue can actually die off if not used- at all. (We are talking about 5 years here, from the point where non use- 24/7 relaxed reverse kegal starts)

-----

I will also say that today- at this point a good 70% of the time, I have no feeling or urge that I need to go, and no feeling in the urethral or bladder that I am urinating.

I am basically a constant dribble 24/7.

The 30% of the time I do have an urge, or awareness, the urge- warning is for literally a second or less. And although I may know when I start urinating, during that 30% I never- anymore know when I finish (again basically constant drip drip- leaky faucet)

This effect started as mental- which led to physical, which reinforced the mental- which pushed the physical effects further.

So while it did start off in my head- it's solidly in the realm of physical issues now.

The longer I leave it be- the more it will slip into the background and that 70% grows towards 100% and as that happens- it becomes exponentially more difficult to gain continence- either on my own or with medical help.

As years go by- physical issues set in and exasperate- until it is is damn near impossible or impossible to reverse the effects.

-Blake-

My wife and i met someone who wears for convenience, A double amputee. She has been doing so for 8 years since she lost her legs. Still knows when she has to go and can hold it if needed. After her accident she did need to wear for incont. But after the swelling went down in her back she regained control. So i think it is really hard to make oneself incont if there not mentally prepared for it as well.

Inconito, That's like saying if you can't get hypnotized then hypnotism in general doesn't work. Everyone is different. I know the 12 month program doesn't work for me either but that's because I've been in a car wreck that made me urge incontinent. You might have a deeper ingrained potty training or something else going on that is preventing it from working. Who knows, but good luck eventually getting it to work any ways.

It seems to depend on a variety of factors, including natural muscle control, methodology, and even individual variation in response to the sorts of training used in the 12 month program. For example, I've talked to a few folks here who seem to find the 'reverse kegels' and 'keeping relaxed' ideas difficult, but I had no problem doing so for long periods of time, even when just starting the 12 month program.

Question to the members who have become incontinent following the 12-month program: are you also impotent now?

The reason why I am asking this is when I reach an orgasm it feels like I use the same muscles that I use to hold my pee.

By the way, am I right thinking masturbating during the program would be very counterproductive?

Following up on ScienceScribbler's point, I diaper-trained for 10 weeks, though thanks to past efforts I was much more well-practiced at this at the start than the 12-month program assumes. Diaper training ended about a week ago and I'm now in potty-training mode as I've wet the bed almost every night and wet my pants at least once almost every day since taking off the diapers.

training work for you in ten weeks thats good. It sucks your peeing your pants though I hope your able to retrain your bladder.