LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diary of an arby's employee (i get paid 7.25 an hour)

diary of an arby's employee. 11/20/2013 - well today i worked from 11-2 for my first shift which went ok except i had to clean under my counter even though it is a cash register so i had to get down on my knees to do it which hurt like crazy plus my till was under by sixty cents but all in all not a bad shift. then my second shift was from 5-8 and this one was a disaster first thing that happened my manager since she could not find anything else for me to do asked that i washed the walls THE FREAKING WALLS then after that i was put on dishes even though it was someone Else's job for about an hour then just put a cherry on the shit cupcake i found out my till was over by three dollars i did not get into trouble as the general manager (not the one who made me clean the walls) as he was very understanding knowing this is my first job and just asked that i try to get better in which i want and am gonna try harder.

Just to share, I know what it's like: I worked for Popeye's from Valentine's Day of 2006 to mid-late October 2011 and got a raise before minimum wage went from 6.55 to 7.25; I tried to ask the manager constantly about a raise but quit asking when I was told that if I ask for a raise one more time I'll get fired.

I worked at Mcdonalds up to crew trainer, was about 18 months. had to deal with some epic shit, but wasnt bad at all. started at 10.50 (not bad for a first job) and ended at 13. sometimes its location that counts :)

Been there still doing it... and a few words of advise.

1) yes this is a minimum wage job, but it's not the end all be all of the work force. It's a training ground where you can learn a LOT of things, like team work, (even though it seems there is no real 'team") how a business actually runs, how inventory works, where products that you sell come from, business management etc. So it's not "just' a minimum wage job, it is only what you get out of it. use it as a learning ground and you will fare better then most brainless other workers who think that it is the employers job to make them rich! :P Also, if the company has a presents on the NYSE then buy the stock as well....it never hurts ;)

2)They ask you to clean stuff so that the place IS clean. I have to do that as well, clean walls and scrub floors and wipe down the dishwasher and on and on...it's called "taking pride in where you work", and it does make a difference. You spend a good amount of time of your life there, so you want it to be clean and nice looking, and you have the knowledge that "YOU" made it that way, regardless of what others might think or what they 'actually did'. Try looking at the store through the eyes of someone who has never been there before, and remember how you felt or what you thought when you walked into a place you had never been to and it was a pig sty...as you turned around and left.

3)As I said, this is a training ground for you, and it is here that you create your work ethic and build your attitude towards your next job that you might (or might not) get. If you have a crappy attitude at this job, what makes you think that your next one will help? ..... it wont. Have a positive outlook here and it will carry over into your next job(s). I hear people griping all the time about how "they don't pay me enough to do this" etc...my answer....no, "they pay you to much" if you're not willing to do what ever is asked of you here, at the rate you agreed to take, what makes you think that more money will make a difference if you still have to do crap work?

Again, it wont. The problem isn't the money or the work, it's a bad attitude, and no amount of compensation will change that...only YOU can.

4) In this economy, just be happy you have a JOB, and an opportunity to advance or learn about how the business works and how things in general work....a lot of others don't have that right now, so have an attitude of gratitude for what you have here and now. Use it for what it is, a training ground for where ever you want to be later on, and milk it for everything, don't just think about the money vs. the kind of work you are asked to do, theres more to it than that, but it's up to you to find it and get what you can out of it and take that with you to your next job.

Good luck, and keep your chin up and try to make what you do "FUN' and have fun, no matter what, and don't just be a robot like so many other places turn people into. It's up to you to make it what you want, not anyone else. :)

I forgot to add, my first job was working in Aero space as a machinist cutting fin aluminum for airplane parts.. I got paid $3.35 an hour and made about $100 a week, for a summer job. Now I get $8.15 an hour plus tips and mileage and can make up to or over $100 a day...if I'm lucky.

I really enjoy my job and try to have as much fun with it as possible. My boss likes me and many of the employees do to. I make people laugh and try to have fun, I also buy stuff for them, like cookies or snacks on occasion, just because I make more then they do...so they feel appreciated. because with out them and our 'team' I wouldn't be able to do what I do..

Just something to think about.

I also worked in the fast food industry for about 5 years. And I was also paid just above minimum wage (At the time here in NY, it was $7.25). All everyone told me before I got the job was that if it was slow, find stuff to do.

Been there still doing it... and a few words of advise.

1) yes this is a minimum wage job, but it's not the end all be all of the work force. It's a training ground where you can learn a LOT of things, like team work, (even though it seems there is no real 'team") how a business actually runs, how inventory works, where products that you sell come from, business management etc. So it's not "just' a minimum wage job, it is only what you get out of it. use it as a learning ground and you will fare better then most brainless other workers who think that it is the employers job to make them rich! :P Also, if the company has a presents on the NYSE then buy the stock as well....it never hurts ;)

2)They ask you to clean stuff so that the place IS clean. I have to do that as well, clean walls and scrub floors and wipe down the dishwasher and on and on...it's called "taking pride in where you work", and it does make a difference. You spend a good amount of time of your life there, so you want it to be clean and nice looking, and you have the knowledge that "YOU" made it that way, regardless of what others might think or what they 'actually did'. Try looking at the store through the eyes of someone who has never been there before, and remember how you felt or what you thought when you walked into a place you had never been to and it was a pig sty...as you turned around and left.

3)As I said, this is a training ground for you, and it is here that you create your work ethic and build your attitude towards your next job that you might (or might not) get. If you have a crappy attitude at this job, what makes you think that your next one will help? ..... it wont. Have a positive outlook here and it will carry over into your next job(s). I hear people griping all the time about how "they don't pay me enough to do this" etc...my answer....no, "they pay you to much" if you're not willing to do what ever is asked of you here, at the rate you agreed to take, what makes you think that more money will make a difference if you still have to do crap work?

Again, it wont. The problem isn't the money or the work, it's a bad attitude, and no amount of compensation will change that...only YOU can.

4) In this economy, just be happy you have a JOB, and an opportunity to advance or learn about how the business works and how things in general work....a lot of others don't have that right now, so have an attitude of gratitude for what you have here and now. Use it for what it is, a training ground for where ever you want to be later on, and milk it for everything, don't just think about the money vs. the kind of work you are asked to do, theres more to it than that, but it's up to you to find it and get what you can out of it and take that with you to your next job.

Good luck, and keep your chin up and try to make what you do "FUN' and have fun, no matter what, and don't just be a robot like so many other places turn people into. It's up to you to make it what you want, not anyone else. :)

I forgot to add, my first job was working in Aero space as a machinist cutting fin aluminum for airplane parts.. I got paid $3.35 an hour and made about $100 a week, for a summer job. Now I get $8.15 an hour plus tips and mileage and can make up to or over $100 a day...if I'm lucky.

I really enjoy my job and try to have as much fun with it as possible. My boss likes me and many of the employees do to. I make people laugh and try to have fun, I also buy stuff for them, like cookies or snacks on occasion, just because I make more then they do...so they feel appreciated. because with out them and our 'team' I wouldn't be able to do what I do..

Just something to think about.

I've worked in food service, but I never had a fast food job, I used to peddle my bike 10 miles a day to wash dishes, and 4 of that 10 miles was straight up hill. I did that for minimum wage, never asked for a raise in my life. I recently was laid off from my cushy $13 an hour office job, only to go back to my assisted living job for $15 an hour :o I still look back on one minimum wage job that made me who I am today, I worked for a day labor temp agency, the type of place where u walk in, sign in, and they call your name to go do dirty construction jobs. I was such a hard worker for them that they would call me to come down, even if there was 20 workers ahead of me in the office, the boss even sent me on under the table jobs for his personal friends. I think what also showed them I was ready to work was the fact that I would walk in wearing hip waders, with my own razor back shovel over my shoulder, and said, "give me the worst and dirtiest job u got" .

Looking back now, my cushy office job was pretty boring and depressing to be honest.

And remember, a positive work reference is worth a lot more than any paycheck, because those kind words from a former boss will go a lot farther, and do more for you in the long run.

• Like 2