LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sex change

I just found out my brother is now my sister. I don't live near by so I haven't seen her since last Christmas. Apparently she has been undergoing hrt for at least a year now and just had the surgery done, moved, and had an official "coming out". She still has another year to finish up the hrt though.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I though there was a period of high dose hormone replacement, then it would taper off to a managed hormone treatment there after. My bad.

Also, as i said before, I haven, seen her since christmas (nearly nine months ago), so she certainly was able to hide it from me at that point. And no, my family isn't one that can't live without posting selfies of them selves on facebook all the time, so I hadn't seen any pics till just recently.

HRT is forever, the usual being finding your maximum dose and staying with it from now on. Sometimes new health issues can affect it- a few have had to choose between stopping HRT or a high probability of a near-future death :( Otherwise the dosage is only adjusted if you need that, but never stopped. The current US medical recommendations are that you must live in your chosen gender full-time for a year before HRT meds are begun. Then you need a Psych letter recommending surgery to follow through to completion. The process is made to be tough and extended to be certain that it is right for you because after your surgery there is no going back.

• 2 months later...

Hormone therapy, under WPATH guidelines can start with just a therapists letter, but it is generally a life long thing, especially for those who have surgery. Some endocrinologists spike hormone levels, and others slowly introduce them to their patients. Doctors preference I guess.

As for surgery, I've heard of some surgeons that are willing to ignore less than one year of "Real life experience", and some that will have their own staff psychiatrists write you letters recommending surgery.

Bottom line, if there is a will and money, there is a way.

• 3 weeks later...

I may be quite late to this discussion but i have been going down that path for a few months now, and granted it takes a lot longer just accepting it as a very real possibility helped me tons.