LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapered for At Least Two Months

I'd like to see you continue. You have at least one positive reason (better sleep) to continue, but also I think you'll enjoy the satisfaction of knowing what it is like to succeed, and I think you are right that this needs a bit longer. You'll know when that is when you find you've not even given diapering a thought for a few days, and by then you'll probably have stopped wondering if you should stop at all. I know when I cracked the "habitual pacifier" thing the actual point that I switched from it being a consious effort to something I needed and therefore just did happend sometime after two months, but I didn't really know when... I just knew I had reached my goal. It was a great feeling thereafter.

I think you mentioned somewhere here that you can't get a good fit with cloth diapers... You might want to try wearing a "onesie" over your diaper. If properly sized, a onesie keeps the diaper in place

David, I hope you don't mind my asking, but how do you usually dispose of your used diapers?

Your concern for the comfort of the garbage disposal personnel seems unfounded. They deal with dirty diapers and worse every day. Where do you think the millions of dirty baby diapers go?

I'm not sure where I learned the following technique, but I've used it for longer than I can remember.

I lay my used diaper (dirty or just wet) out flat on the bathroom counter or floor. First, I fold the front wings of the diaper over the front padded area. Next, I fold the front of the diaper inward toward the crotch so that the front edge is just passed the narrowest part of the diaper. Then I fold it again toward the back edge, so that the crotch area (usually the wettest or dirtiest area) is about 2-3 inches below the back waist. Next, I turn the diaper 90 degrees, so that one of the back wings is toward me and the othe away from me. I fold the nearest wing over the folded padded area. Finally, I roll the diaper up inside the remaining back wing and use the tapes to hold the rolled up diaper closed. The mess is now sealed inside the plastic outer layer of the diaper and is easily disposed of.

Using this method, no one is exposed to the mess and the plastic contains most of the smell for a day or two.

The technique takes longer to describe than actually perform. Once you learn it, it can be done in 10-15 seconds.

I can understand the "paranoia." I used to live in apartments for years. I used to take the bags of used diapers out to the dumpster rather than putting them in the inside garbage cans. I think if you use the rolling technique I described, you'll find that the odor can be reduced significantly.

I also suspect that you're hypersensitive to the smell. I know I am. I've walked by garbage cans put out on the street for collection and instantly known that there were wet diapers inside just from the slight odor escaping from the can. I've also attended a seminar and instantly known that the presenter was wearing a disposable diaper from the slight rustling sound as he walked by and the faint smell of the deodorant used in the diaper. As the old saying goes, "It takes one to know one." Anybody who recognizes the diaper related smells are probably already intimately familiar with them.

David

Why don't you throw a dollop of hydrogen peroxide on your used diapers? Cuts down the smell quite a bit.

As others note, a good night's sleep is really important. I think it is time you brought it up with your doctor and ask him how to continue night wetting, whether diapered or with other equipment, such as an external cath, and possibly with the aid of some flomax, which seems more effective on me with a significant (2000 mg) dose of vitamin C.

The diuretic has its biggest effect when you first start on it. After that, it just makes sure that what goes in comes out and doesn't accumulate in the body. If you're like me and are overweight, the best thing you can do is lose weight. That will get you off the blood pressure and diuretic pills, or will at least allow a reduced dosage.

I've lost about 50 pounds. The diapers definitely fit a lot better along with the rest of my clothes. The weight loss has also brought down my blood pressure.