LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Model trains

On ?12?/?20?/?2015 at 8:17 AM, diapered_in_wisc said:

I do "S" scale modeling, but not trains. (Mostly because trains in that scale are OUTRAGEOUS in price and I already spend enough on the stuff I do buy. LOL!) My collection is cars and trucks, but for the most part tractors and farm equipment. Hopefully someday I will get to build a layout, but until then I'll just keep detailing and building little projects.

S scale really isn't as expensive as some people think.

• 3 weeks later...

I would guess it has something to do with the economy and the fact that for alot of people the days of interest in trains has been replaced by something else and the prices on trains has been steadily increasing for some of the stuff when I was a kid you could buy a brand new 4 X 4 pickup with it today , I traded my HO models for the real thing , I live across the street and within the private test track for locomotives by GE ,last year they turned out and tested like 12 new loco's for overseas , I don't even hear them doing the horn test anymore because you just kind of tune it out , when it goes on day and night for weeks at a time, it would suck if the gates didn't work because they could lay on the horn and I would be oblivious ad the train smashed me , average speed on this block is about 53 with average axles around 380, no accidents but in the next block last year we had a derailment with a hazmat incident. Did I mention I like Trains! and "train"ing pants also.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, barnburner said:

Why is there a huge lack of scale modern light rail and subway cars? :'(

i think trains are alot about nostalgia, bygone eras and technologies, and the romance of the rail. many rail fans were introduced by a family member or friend, and usually they had an older style of train/layout, usually 1950's or earlier, and then it just grows from there. i'm sure they are out there, but i dont think many folk have had fond dreams and

This is the express, change here for the local, this train stops at 125th and grand central only, do not be wrong, 125th and grand central only , yes I was dragged into training by an older family member and used to chase them all over place , with a car load of roster beef subs, with real fresh roasted in the store beef from what is the original subway chain first corporate store in Connecticut. Anybody that needs to fall in love with railroads should become a writer, Amtrack will sponsor you a entire year of training over the great expanse of this country everything included meals movies scenery the sound of the rails getting your creative juices flowing, grab a radio listen to the track frequencies and enjoy ,if you don't come away inspired and loving trains well refund your year of time in some of the nicest train dome cars left still in use ,if I could write I would be going thru Alaska somewhere in the spring and out to California for the summer and spend the fall in New England. And then see they rest of the country .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

So, I enjoy model trains.  I use to do HO.  Now, I no longer have the room, and haven't for a long time.  What I did was volunteer with a local museum that had an N, HO, and Lionel layout.  I helped maintain and run those for the visitors.  That was a few years back.  I moved away from that area.  Now, I volunteer with a Railroad Museum.  I get to play with the real stuff.  I have switched, coupled, uncoupled, and even drove real rail equipment.  I have also seen Miniature Wunderland in Germany.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...