LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How to prevent leaks

Hey all. I'm wanting to move more and more to cloth diapers but am having trouble with leaks around the legs, when I sit or something when I'm wet. To give you an idea of what I use I wear custom training pants made with 4 layers of Zorb with an outer and inner layer of flannel. As for a cover I typically wear a pul diaper cover.

Training pants are not diapers. They were not meant to hold near the amount that diapers do. They were designed to let the werarers know that they are wet and protect the outer garment so heavy absrancy are undesirable in training pants

Training pants are not diapers. They were not meant to hold near the amount that diapers do. They were designed to let the werarers know that they are wet and protect the outer garment so heavy absrancy are undesirable in training pants

That is true but I would think that a pair of training pants should hold the same as diaper with similar layers. Or am I wrong? I prefer a pull on versus a pin on because I can never pin a diaper on right.

Also I've tried baby-pants plastic pants before and they typically tear up within a couple weeks.

Well, Baby-Pants are not the only plastic panties in the world, see my revies

Diapers have much more material than training pants. the two have different missions. Why do you think diapers are more showy and require a fuller-cut panty with a wide (at least 10" at the narrow point) crotch?

Well, Baby-Pants are not the only plastic panties in the world, see my revies

Diapers have much more material than training pants. the two have different missions. Why do you think diapers are more showy and require a fuller-cut panty with a wide (at least 10" at the narrow point) crotch?

Good point. The training pants I wear are designed to have a whole lot more material in them than a normal pair of training pants, so they are a lot more like a diaper.

I am with you on the fact that I probably don't have a big enough cover over them.

Training pants do not have a wide crotch nore do they have as much material as diapers since they are meant to transition a toddler to normal underwear. So if what you are wearing is an authentically designed training pant than it will behave more like that then it will a diaper. You are trying to use an F-150 pickup as a Peterbult

If you don't want leaks, don't pee in your pants! :P

Much of the above advise is helpful :) A thick or bulky diaper is nice, but when saturated, all the extra wetness has to go somewhere, so the best thing is to change more often. I have worn both cloth and disposables and the bulky disposables will last a long time (which is why I wear them) and worn thick cloth as well, but when soaked, yes, they leak :P It happens.

Options for this, as said, better plastic pants, or add a booster to the inside of what you are wearing, or just change more often *shrug* Tucking the leg bands up inside the diaper item you are wearing helps a lot also. this encases the fabric and doesn't allow 'wicking' through the leg bands, and helps avoid leaks, but what will happen is al the excess pee will just puddle up in the pants and start sloshing around, and come gushing out when you sit...Now THAT will be a leak! :P So you are more then likely just better off changing more often..

Have fun!

OH! and I have seen those training pants with the 'zorb' in them and am intrigued by them, and want to order some at some point..I like trainers and would like some that work well, that I can have an 'accident' in but will hold everything and not get my pants wet :blush: I have a few pairs that are fairly thick, but will 'wick' from inside out and my pants get wet after a while, which is 'barassing :blush: and well....you know :P people would know what I did

:blush: they just wont know how good it feels! :D

• Like 1

If you don't want leaks, don't pee in your pants! :P

Much of the above advise is helpful :) A thick or bulky diaper is nice, but when saturated, all the extra wetness has to go somewhere, so the best thing is to change more often. I have worn both cloth and disposables and the bulky disposables will last a long time (which is why I wear them) and worn thick cloth as well, but when soaked, yes, they leak :P It happens.

Options for this, as said, better plastic pants, or add a booster to the inside of what you are wearing, or just change more often *shrug* Tucking the leg bands up inside the diaper item you are wearing helps a lot also. this encases the fabric and doesn't allow 'wicking' through the leg bands, and helps avoid leaks, but what will happen is al the excess pee will just puddle up in the pants and start sloshing around, and come gushing out when you sit...Now THAT will be a leak! :P So you are more then likely just better off changing more often..

Have fun!

OH! and I have seen those training pants with the 'zorb' in them and am intrigued by them, and want to order some at some point..I like trainers and would like some that work well, that I can have an 'accident' in but will hold everything and not get my pants wet :blush: I have a few pairs that are fairly thick, but will 'wick' from inside out and my pants get wet after a while, which is 'barassing :blush: and well....you know :P people would know what I did

:blush: they just wont know how good it feels! :D

If you're looking for some good training pants I recommend looking up sophiesnugglebunny on etsy or ebay. She and I have been going back and forth trying to make a TP that is as absorbent as possible. She has worked with me and I with her and has helped me immensely. She always been willing to work with me and even modified her TP pattern just for me.

That is true but I would think that a pair of training pants should hold the same as diaper with similar layers. Or am I wrong? I prefer a pull on versus a pin on because I can never pin a diaper on right.

Try some Snappi's (size 2 - toddler) instead of pins.

Not that this thread needs much... Zorb holds and needs a material that wicks and thus distributes wetness around. As for the vinyl pants and containment, you can kick it up a notch with enclosed elastics. As Ducky stated, when they're soaked, they'll leak. I assumed you were asking about leaks before they are totally soaked.

Hey all. I'm wanting to move more and more to cloth diapers but am having trouble with leaks around the legs, when I sit or something when I'm wet. To give you an idea of what I use I wear custom training pants made with 4 layers of Zorb with an outer and inner layer of flannel. As for a cover I typically wear a pul diaper cover.

Same problem here. The leaks at the leg openings that I experience are from the polyurethane laminate (PUL)

Not that this thread needs much... Zorb holds and needs a material that wicks and thus distributes wetness around. As for the vinyl pants and containment, you can kick it up a notch with enclosed elastics. As Ducky stated, when they're soaked, they'll leak. I assumed you were asking about leaks before they are totally soaked.

Thats exactly what I was asking. Sorry for not stating it. I actually have been talking with the lady that makes my stuff and she is working on patter specifically for me.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no leak proof diaper/pant combination, the crotch area is only going to hold so much water before it squishes it out when you sit.

Would not Zorb be an excellent outermost layer of a diaper. In the case of multiple diapers, of the outermost diaper?

Would not Zorb be an excellent outermost layer of a diaper. In the case of multiple diapers, of the outermost diaper?

Original Zorb fabric is usually sandwiched between two layers of fabric because it shouldn't go against your skin. Zorb2 comes with a double-sided fabric on top of the Zorb and can be used against your skin. If you've ever seen Zorb, you'd see why it needs to be encased. Its texture is very airy and fiber-like; that's what makes it absorb so quickly and spread the wetness around. Bottom line for me is, as long as I change within three hours and don't let everything get too soaked, there are no significant leaks at the leg openings.

I am thickly diapered. Most diaper materials pass wetness through to the outside. As I understand it it, Zorb holds the wet. If it were not the outermost layer or a part thereof, it would prevent wetness form or make it very difficult for wetness to reach the outermost parts of the diaper and the wetness would accumulate in one of the middle or inner layers. That would be inefficient andmake the inner part of the diaer wetter sooner. As part of the outermost layer, it holds the wet on the outer part of the diaper, which is where you want it

Original Zorb fabric is usually sandwiched between two layers of fabric because it shouldn't go against your skin. Zorb2 comes with a double-sided fabric on top of the Zorb and can be used against your skin. If you've ever seen Zorb, you'd see why it needs to be encased. Its texture is very airy and fiber-like; that's what makes it absorb so quickly and spread the wetness around. Bottom line for me is, as long as I change within three hours and don't let everything get too soaked, there are no significant leaks at the leg openings.

Correct. The zOrb has to be encased in another type of fabric. If it isn't the fabric starts to mess up and pulls apart after a few washes

• 1 year later...

By "outermost layer" I meant of the internal layers such that if you haf 2 inner layers and two surronding layers (for a total of 4) the Zorb would be, just inside #4

Tranining panties were NEVER meant to hold what a diaper does, only a small amount. They are designed to let the child know that she is wet very shortly after the event and not really hold more than one or two wettings; providing that the second is small. So properly made training panties will leak if you overwet them which is not supposed to be hard to do