Gennie

FIrearms  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a firearm?

• Yes, I do
    • No, I don't
    • Had some, they're gone
    • I've been thinking about getting one.

I'm a proud exerciser of my second amendment rights. I have a few guns and have had them for awhile and strangely enough no one has ended up dead around them. Strange huh?

Hoping to one day own my two dream guns. An M1 Garand and an M1 Carbine. Also wouldn't mind having an M1A rifle.

Without passing judgment on anyone, I'll speak frankly: I don't own one, never considered it, was never curious about it. And I don't understand why it is so important to others to own guns and to have the right to own them. It's a mystery to me.

• Like 1

I own a few, and with my job I need to. I am a good shot and get better each year. I am on the fence with concealed carry laws. Where as I believe that everyone needs to be able to protect themselves and their loved ones I have seen more times where a concealed carry person has the gun taken from them and used against them. Most concealed carry owners just don't practice enough to be good with the gun they carry. I believe that all persons have the right to own guns but there is many owners that don't deserve them much like many people shouldn't have a license to drive a car.

I own 2, the first I didn't want, the 2nd, I bought because of logistics and to show support for the 2nd amendment, they are both shotguns, the first is a single shot, the 2nd is a pump action, giving me better capacity as well as a warning to anyone illegally in my home, you hear that "clack clack" sound, you better run home and change your shitty pants or you might not make it home, because you (not YOU but a criminal) will end up in cuffs or a body bag

Without passing judgment on anyone, I'll speak frankly: I don't own one, never considered it, was never curious about it. And I don't understand why it is so important to others to own guns and to have the right to own them. It's a mystery to me.

I can understand this, im a gun hater, I hate guns(yet I have some, figure that out). the reason for having guns isn't just one reason, but it varying reasons, the best being defense. defense of ones home from an intruder, I could give you links to youtube pages where a gun saved a life, and one where the victim of a rape would have likely not been raped, which would illustrate the need if for no more reason than it took 6 minutes for the cops to arrive, and by that time this poor woman, just out of a hospital, was thrown on a table, panties ripped off, and penetrated, the cops had to pull him off and out of her. in our case there are reports of meth labs in the area, and methheads aren't known for thinking right, so it makes sense to be armed, plus we have varmints, and any day I might have to put down a rabid animal, or something attacking our pets. the last is the purpose of the 2nd amendment, its not just to protect us from crime, but the founders knew that our government can become tyrannical, and its even been said that the tree of liberty from time to time must be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants, tyranny and freedom cant exist together and having guns, having the right to them, represents freedom. freedom to never touch a gun in your life if that is your wish, and the freedom to change your mind, if you wish, to have a nice juicy steak, all the fixin's and to believe whatever it is you believe. I don't know how I come off in this, I don't mean to sound like im trying to push anything, that aint my intention, all I mean to do is give something to think about, and ill leave it at that.

• Like 2

That's fine that you don't feel the need to own a firearm. Myself I believe it is necessity. I live in what some might call the sticks and I love it. Of course the problem with that is that there are predators out here that you have to watch out for. One of the biggest problems I have is raccoons. I raise a few chickens as a hobby and from time to time I have raccoons or skunks or something else trying to kill my birds and eat them so it's always good to have some way of dealing with pests that can in the matter if a few nights wipe out hundreds if dollars worth of your property.

Another reason I own firearms is the fact that in the world we live in today is terrible. I believe I should have the right to protect my family and home from invaders. I have no desire to harm any other human but if they threaten me or my family I will respond in kind.

As I said it is your right to decide not to own a gun and I respect that. I just don't think someone else should be able to tell me what I can and can't have.

It works similar to marihuana. I have no desire to smoke it and I don't approve of using it but I also don't think the government should tell you that you can't use it if you want to.

Just my 2 cents.

I am not a gun owner and am glad that I don't feel any need to own one. I believe the statistics that show a home without guns is safer than one with them. I have no objection to others owning guns and enjoying the legitimate use of them. However, I also believe that Second Amendment rights are every bit as subject to regulation as other rights such as free speech and the right to vote. Requiring me to register to vote does not take away my right to do so.

During my first 3 years of pre-law I worked part time as a paralegal. My final summer vacation of pre-law and the summer between graduation and starting law school I worked as an attorney's investigator, sort of a specialized private investigator. As such I received extensive handgun training and I had a permit to carry a concealed pistol.

I have a shotgun at my house and several other guns at my parents house in safe storage. I enjoy shooting, but I just dont go out and practice as much as I should. At some point in the future I would like to get a another couple of shotguns and perhaps a pistol, but for now what I have will do.

I currently have a ccw permit but don't have a weapon right now. When I was back east I had my ccw and a Sig P230. In the past I've had a 22 semi auto with the tubular magazine a Remington model 742 BDL in 30 06 and a Schmidt-Rubin Rifle in 7.5 x 55 mm. I loved that rifle but it was damned expensive to shoot. In the late 70's early 80's I was paying just over $20 for a box of 20 cartridges because the only ones you could get were Norma match grade ammo. This rifle had an adjustable sight that started at 300 meters (328 yds.) and went out to 2000 meters (2,187 yds.).

I intend to buy a Kimber 1911 in 45 ACP when I have the funds saved but I've been renting one at the range I have a membership at in the meantime.